Leeming off limits

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
mtpg1

Leeming off limits

Post by mtpg1 »

hi guys, just to let you know, the police was called today and informed everyone that as from today nobody is allowed on to the farmers land at 34 end, after having a quick chat with peter he has had enough of "all the hassle" from the idiots who damage his land the clowns who have woke him up knocking on his door early and especially from his neighbours, he said that it wasnt him who phoned the police today but from now on he will have no choice but to ring them himself.
regards

Mike.

JackyRIATWilson

Re: Leeming off limits

Post by JackyRIATWilson »

So because of a few idiots not obeying the courtesies of aviation photography we are all not allowed to go to the field? Even those who do obey the courtesies? Absolute joke.

I'll be writing to the chap then!

Jack.

tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Post by tommercer »

JackyRIATWilson wrote:So because of a few idiots not obeying the courtesies of aviation photography we are all not allowed to go to the field? Even those who do obey the courtesies? Absolute joke.

Jack.

I seriously hope you're kidding

JackyRIATWilson

tommercer wrote:
JackyRIATWilson wrote:So because of a few idiots not obeying the courtesies of aviation photography we are all not allowed to go to the field? Even those who do obey the courtesies? Absolute joke.

Jack.

I seriously hope you're kidding

Well no, I'm not actually going to be writing, more of an empty will, but I just cannot understand WHY all of us are now effectively trespassers on his land, because a few plonkers don't confide to etiquette?

Jack.

tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Post by tommercer »

You've answered your own question right there

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Same as it ever was, as the song goes.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

JackyRIATWilson

tommercer wrote:You've answered your own question right there

No he has specified that as of now anyone in that field is a trespasser, whereas before he was OK with it, but then had to call the police in as people were damaging the field (and not in a replacable way.)

Jack.

JJC

Post by JJC »

I think it's worth remembering that the access is a privilege not a right, and sometimes it's easier to say 'no' completely rather than invest more time & effort in some form of 'policing'.
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

Try offering to pay the Farmer a £5, most will not think of spending £20-£30 to take a few static shots at night or airshow.

Here you have the chance to view some good fast jet action all day, best seats in the house close to the action and take it for free, then start moaning when you or some of you abuse the freebie.
Guess its ok to then make a few quid buy selling said images that was taken on private land.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

It's his land. He has no obligation to let anyone on it nor does anyone have the right to be on it. He also has no obligation to explain his reasons, it's basically a case of "tough".

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

JackyRIATWilson wrote:
tommercer wrote:
Well no, I'm not actually going to be writing, more of an empty will, but I just cannot understand WHY all of us are now effectively trespassers on his land, because a few plonkers don't confide to etiquette?

Jack.

End of the day everyone was trespassing and the land owner was tolerating it. However the man is well within his rights and it is a case of the few spoiling for the many.

It almost happened at CBY during the Saudi exercise thanks to idiots not being able to drive down a narrow track slowly and carefully instead driving over the farmers crops at speed!

I suggest everyone respects the owners wishes as to not cock things up for good, potentially around the whole perimeter if the RAF get fed up with complaints.

Andy

Kenny

Post by Kenny »

I was there on Tuesday and the police moved us too. Not one of us walked over crops. We carefully went around the edge. The farmer wasn't in, so we assumed the B&B owner called them as we saw the police talking to her.

Rule 27

Post by Rule 27 »

Kenny wrote:I was there on Tuesday and the police moved us too. Not one of us walked over crops. We carefully went around the edge. The farmer wasn't in, so we assumed the B&B owner called them as we saw the police talking to her.

Interesting that the police are removing people from private land at the request of someone who isn't the land owner and when they don't have a civic court order to do so. Overstepping the mark, much..?

toom317
UKAR Supporter

Post by toom317 »

On the few occasions I've used the field I've never asked, as there has always been someone in there already. It has been pointed out in other posts, elsewhere, he may not be in. However, I have every sympathy for the farmer, it is his field, and having seen what has happened at Leuchars in the past, there are "Aviation Enthusiasts", who think it is their God given right to do whatever they want, to get their piccys.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.

PeteM

Post by PeteM »

Kenny wrote:I was there on Tuesday and the police moved us too. Not one of us walked over crops. We carefully went around the edge. The farmer wasn't in, so we assumed the B&B owner called them as we saw the police talking to her.

Police will only act on the direct request of a Landowner or his agent.
I am totally on the side of the Farmer. Over the years I've seen enthusiasts running across crops to get their photo, seen the mess that some leave behind, seen the way that some argue with RAF / Civil Police. As with all things in life, a few idiots spoil it for everyone else :roll:

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

I can fully understand any landowner getting fed up with idiots. As always it is only a matter of time.

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

If people/idiots abuse the privilege then expect it to be taken away, a polite word to those that offend would help if you saw someone doing something but then I guess most would just stand there and let them carry on sadly.

There should be a money tin like at Johns field at Mildenhall, so people have to pay with a notice up, kindly asking not to trample all over the guys business.
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

Rule 27

Post by Rule 27 »

Maisie wrote:kindly asking not to trample all over the guys business.

I can see how that'd be most annoying, and no doubt quite painful! :confused:

Offbreed

Post by Offbreed »

With the price of camera carrying quadcopters dropping all the time, I wonder when we will have our first incident
at a airfield. :hide:

Last Lightning

Post by Last Lightning »

boff180 wrote:
It almost happened at CBY during the Saudi exercise thanks to idiots not being able to drive down a narrow track slowly and carefully instead driving over the farmers crops at speed!

Andy

It was an absolute disgrace at Coningsby during Green Flag, as a regular there for many years, its the first time I have been ashamed of being a plane spotter and photographer of said aircraft.

The only thing that saved everybody's bacon at CBY this year was a wip-round for the damage to crops, being given to the farmer, who I belive gave it to charity.

Personally I hope that Green Flag is never, not ever coming back.

Offbreed wrote:With the price of camera carrying quadcopters dropping all the time, I wonder when we will have our first incident

Horrifying thought, but I fear something that will happen!!

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Offbreed wrote:With the price of camera carrying quadcopters dropping all the time, I wonder when we will have our first incident

Already happened at AMARG (with the station commanders consent), the results are on YouTube.

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

Mindless cretins, I say it every time I read this sort of shameful stories like this it only takes one mindless moronic idiot to spoil or ruin the hobby for everyone else.

andrewman

Post by andrewman »

It was an absolute disgrace at Coningsby during Green Flag, as a regular there for many years, its the first time I have been ashamed of being a plane spotter and photographer of said aircraft.

The only thing that saved everybody's bacon at CBY this year was a wip-round for the damage to crops, being given to the farmer, who I belive gave it to charity

Not just at Green Flag I was at Coningsby in the summer and someone was out in a field full of crops taking photos (of the aircraft not the crops) and damaging the crops in the process when someone else told the guy off for it the response was "I don't give a ---- mate not my crops not my ---- problem" With clowns like that around is it any wonder farmers ban everyone from there land - something of course they have every right to do.
2004 bathroom window photographer of the year

my facebook

https://twitter.com/Andrewsteer84 My Twitter

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

When you say about the quadcopters, I assume one means flying one near a base trying to get that 'differen't photo?

I think if any base saw something flying near by then no doubt MOD/RAF/USAF police would be straight out.

boff180 wrote:

Already happened at AMARG (with the station commanders consent), the results are on YouTube.

I'm struggling to find the video?
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Maisie wrote:When you say about the quadcopters, I assume one means flying one near a base trying to get that 'differen't photo?

I think if any base saw something flying near by then no doubt MOD/RAF/USAF police would be straight out.

boff180 wrote:

I'm struggling to find the video?

I am too now, I saw it a few months back, I wonder if it has been pulled. This wasn't a quad copter, it was an RC Plane with a go pro strapped to it. Flew it at very low level between the aircraft!

Andy