Northolt Nightshoot XVIa

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
RRconway

Re: Northolt Nightshoot XVIa

Post by RRconway »

cw318is wrote:
jules48 wrote:"Abbreviated attention seeking drivel"

And I dont care who I upset!!!!!!

Oh dear, how very sad. The nightshoots aren't just about pretty photos, it's also a great opportunity to meet up with old friends and make new ones. With that attitude though I'm quite glad you don't come along as I don't think you would be liked very much.

Well said and good to finally meet you last night, and DeanW.

As for you Jules, you're not upsetting anybody, we're used to your silly gibberings. For somone who seems to have such a downer on these great events, you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time on these boards commenting on the participants comings and goings. I'm surprised you can see them from under your bridge.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.

JohnH

Post by JohnH »

I'll get you two Ian and Jeff, you B*****ds :tongue2: If I could stand on one leg I'd come round and kick you both. :lol:

I think it's Ian's turn to come up with the entertainment factor next time round.

I'm just hoping no one got any photos of my 'stunt man' impression.

mjuler

Post by mjuler »

I'd just like to echo what many others have said, a very well organised event and there's nothing that can done about weather or technical related cancellations. It was my first trip to a Northolt Nightshoot and I'm sure I'll attempt to make it back for some more.

I wasn't sure how well the Olympus OM-D would cope with the light and conditions, but fairly pleased with the results. A few of my pics can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28717025@N03/sets/72157643059360843

Julo

Post by Julo »

Cheers to Phil,Lee and co for the superb event.

Also cheers for the Head-torches! Proved to be very useful! :up:

jules48

Post by jules48 »

I attend many airshows throughout the UK every year and travel many miles to see them and am quite happy to pay to see them when you get an average of 8 hours of flying for viirtually the same cost and much more variety.

And for people who do not know me have no right to criticise me and I have plenty of friends throughout the Uk who I meet up with every year so suggest unless you actually meet me in person your so called character assisagnation is uncalled for.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion it just seems the Northolt lot seem to be very touchy about any form of criticism and take it personally.

I shall be making no further comments on the subject

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

jules48 wrote:I only live 5 minutes from NHT and used to attend all the day photoshoots but am not normally home from work to attend the nightshoots and have done my dues over the years to attend but now feel that it is just a worthless task just to see a few aircraft rotating their pretty propellers or whatever in the cold and wet and waste £20 in the mean time which I would rather give to a more worthwhile charity.

And I dont care who I upset!!!!!!

jules48 wrote:I attend many airshows throughout the UK every year and travel many miles to see them and am quite happy to pay to see them when you get an average of 8 hours of flying for viirtually the same cost and much more variety.

And for people who do not know me have no right to criticise me and I have plenty of friends throughout the Uk who I meet up with every year so suggest unless you actually meet me in person your so called character assisagnation is uncalled for.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion it just seems the Northolt lot seem to be very touchy about any form of criticism and take it personally.

I don't know you nor am I part of the Northolt posse, but why do you feel the need to criticise this event? It Is what it is, it's not trying to be an air show with hours of flying, it's a few aircraft (some unique some special) that come over for a photo shoot for a few hours?

You stat that people have no right to criticise you, yet you are more than ok to criticise this small, we'll organised event and 'don't care who you upset'. I don't think it's a case of the 'Northolt lot getting touchy', I think anyone who can appreciate the effort Phil goes too, to arrange this event would get touchy, so what is your point?
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

EGDR

Post by EGDR »

jules48 wrote:I attend many airshows throughout the UK every year and travel many miles to see them and am quite happy to pay to see them when you get an average of 8 hours of flying for viirtually the same cost and much more variety.

I've never been to one of the Nightshoots before, but the idea of them is not massive variety. It's a chance to see some (not many, but some very interesting types) aircraft in ways you don't see them anywhere else. It's an event for the enthusiasts and photographers, not for Joe Public. The reason for the cost is simple. An airshow like Waddington or Cosford draws in thousands from the surrounding area as well as many from further afar. As the nightshoots at Northolt are not like that and draw in only a group of people, due to them being tailored for enthusiasts, not the public, the event needs to still get the money to break even. I think it's a fair price for what is put on, for instance, it can't be cheap to drag a CASA to Northolt for one night for some people to take photos of let alone sit there spinning the engines up and burning fuel!

Anyway, I've seen some great pics from the shoot so far, keep them coming. Particularly jealous of that Alpha. In that light it looks fantastic! :drool:

tadpole

Post by tadpole »

It was a first time for me and I thought it was super. Many, many thanks for all who organised and made it happen. :clap:

zoomer

Post by zoomer »

Northolt events are akin to Steam Railway Photographic Charters - the opportunity to photograph kit in a unusual setting, often with rarer machines on show.
You dont usually get much change out of 50 quid for one of those events so I reckon Phil, Lee and the guys do us a great deal. And for a good cause, not pocket lining.

Last night's no shows were a shame but I kept myself busy nonetheless for over 2 hours. A little Alpha'd out now.
But I've no complaints about cost or what we get for our money - I just hope my analogy above doesnt make the price go up! :whistle:

jonny99

Post by jonny99 »

zoomer wrote:Northolt events are akin to Steam Railway Photographic Charters - the opportunity to photograph kit in a unusual setting, often with rarer machines on show.
You dont usually get much change out of 50 quid for one of those events so I reckon Phil, Lee and the guys do us a great deal. And for a good cause, not pocket lining.

Last night's no shows were a shame but I kept myself busy nonetheless for over 2 hours. A little Alpha'd out now.
But I've no complaints about cost or what we get for our money - I just hope my analogy above doesnt make the price go up! :whistle:

Couldn't agree more. It should also be remembered the proceeds from these events all go to the cause of restoring the Ops Room. The history of sacrifice by our forefathers should never be forgotten.

frank

Post by frank »

JohnH wrote:Thanks Dan. Legs a bit scraped but I'm still up and walking. The 'Ouch' moment has passed. I wouldn't recommend that anyone else to try that particular trick though. Thanks to the person who took hold of the camera on my way down.

Thanks again to Phil for organising the evening, even if he did say I was expendible. Umph! :tongue2:

I am so glad that you are ok - I didnt come to see what had happened close up as I could see you were being tended to and I am very squemish. Hope you leg mends quickly and it didnt spoil your night. Best wishes

Harlequin67
UKAR Supporter

Post by Harlequin67 »

frank wrote:
JohnH wrote:Thanks Dan. Legs a bit scraped but I'm still up and walking. The 'Ouch' moment has passed. I wouldn't recommend that anyone else to try that particular trick though. Thanks to the person who took hold of the camera on my way down.

Thanks again to Phil for organising the evening, even if he did say I was expendible. Umph! :tongue2:

I am so glad that you are ok - I didnt come to see what had happened close up as I could see you were being tended to and I am very squemish. Hope you leg mends quickly and it didnt spoil your night. Best wishes

I saw John's scrape on his leg, and I guess he will be a bit bruised, but he was fine. More importantly I think there should be a round of applause for the chap who caught and carried John's camera for him! :clap:

The response from the Northolt team that John spoke of seemed first rate, as John said a minor incident well dealt with, leading to the evil Harlequin67 having more banter material ready for the next shoot! :lol:
Aviation photographer - Achievement unlocked

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

Masie. That would have been me that was shouting, I am sorry for being rude,there was no offence meant. , I'd moved 4 times and I was a little frustrated. I really shouldn't have done that. shouldn't have done that. but when you said that, you might have noticed that I did also say to you that I agreed that he had a job to do and stopped.

Not usually like that I can assure you.

Just like to thank phil, lee and the rest of the team for a great night. can't wait for the next one. The Irish cn235 was something I'd never expected to shoot at night. But we are talking about Mr Dawe :clap:

To me it's also become a social event, catching up with friends, have a laugh and drink coffee. I like that.
Life's a piece of S*** if you look at it!

PeteM

Post by PeteM »

AndyXH558 wrote:Just like to thank phil, lee and the rest of the team for a great night. can't wait for the next one. The Irish cn235 was something I'd never expected to shoot at night. But we are talking about Mr Dawe :clap:

Indeed, and since the beginning (2009 ?) we've seen a nice selection of rarities.

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

Did anybody get a photo of Adam the 32 Sqn pilot standing in front of the HS125?
TIA
Phil
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

Hi Phil,

I did!

Many thanks to you and all the team once again. Looking forward to the next one.

Andy

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

Well done Blackbird!
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Graf Zeppelin wrote:Well done Blackbird!

I've got a ghostly figure in mine, he moved before i'd finished taking my shot... :D

So whens the next shoot Phil ? :D

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

well! :whistle: :heyhey:
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

Graf Zeppelin wrote:well! :whistle: :heyhey:

You are a tease :heyhey:
...Rad shutters auto.

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

.....?? :whistle: :lol:
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

LOL

Well ???

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

lynothehammer wrote:

LOL

Well ???

Very! :biggrin:
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

If anybody got any good closeups of our visiting aircrew can they please PM me? TIA.
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende