Cosford 2014 News [MAIN THREAD]

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
D200

Re: Cosford 2014 News [MAIN THREAD]

Post by D200 »

The flying program changed yesterday and will most likely evolve again before Sunday. There is little point in locking onto rumours and no point in me giving information that remains as fluid as it is. Displays travelling over large distances or also attending other events all need coordinating and it is a juggling act. When one element changes, there is a concertina effect often across the whole days events. It will be fine on the day but very flexible until that time. ( just like the weather :biggrin: )

strangelookingalien

Post by strangelookingalien »

Can anyone shed light on what arrivals we can expect on Saturday?

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Without wanting to start any last-minute speculation, I was informed this morning there have been more cancellations - I hope nothing significant.

I might be wrong as I'm only relaying the message, but a friend of mine was very adamant regarding the situation. However, he did mention the team had been looking at replacement items and also mentioned they had been very busy the last few weeks.

Looking forward to the show either way. :smile:

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

strangelookingalien wrote:Can anyone shed light on what arrivals we can expect on Saturday?

Guessing here, but you could get the following:

Tucano
Tutor
Lynx
Apache
Spitfire PR11
Glider FX
Pitts Special
Old Buckers
Defender 4000
King Air
Royal Chipmunk
Great War Team

Canberra/Hunter rehearsal.

Typhoon is due in Friday at Shawbury, if anyone is interested.

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

Flare Path wrote:Without wanting to start any last-minute speculation, I was informed this morning there have been more cancellations - I hope nothing significant.

I might be wrong as I'm only relaying the message, but a friend of mine was very adamant regarding the situation. However, he did mention the team had been looking at replacement items and also mentioned they had been very busy the last few weeks.

Looking forward to the show either way. :smile:

Just a guess on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if the Voyager and/or C-17 cancelled.

Jason32

Post by Jason32 »

Does anyone know the display timings for saturday and is the Typhoon practicing on its way to/from Throckmorton?
................Jason Sparkes..................
Military Aviation Enthusiast & MSFS Painter

kianelle

Post by kianelle »

Dose anyone know the flying display order ? Im going to miss the first half hour just wondering what i will be missing :sad:

Rule 27

Post by Rule 27 »

Did you not see this post?
D200 wrote:The flying program changed yesterday and will most likely evolve again before Sunday. There is little point in locking onto rumours and no point in me giving information that remains as fluid as it is. Displays travelling over large distances or also attending other events all need coordinating and it is a juggling act. When one element changes, there is a concertina effect often across the whole days events. It will be fine on the day but very flexible until that time. ( just like the weather :biggrin: )

kianelle

Post by kianelle »

Have now :up:

Chloe Jane

Post by Chloe Jane »

Well just been on looking on a few websites for the weather (accuweather, netweather weather channel) and the weather is not looking to bad.. few showers at 4pm with range between 0-1mm (50%-70%) precipitation...besides the few showers it is supposed to be sunny spells.. fingers crossed it holds out and we can get a good flying display with some good photos :)

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

I wouldn't be surprised if the Voyager and/or C17 cancelled due to operational requirements,hopefully not though.The Vulcan should now be ok after yesterday's flights barring any other issues?You might as well let us know if a certain aircraft has definately cancelled whilst we appreciate the flying program can change between now and Sunday.

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

So long as it isn't the Canberra I don't mind what else has cancelled...
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

A lot of speculation about the C17/Voyager cancellation, which I hope is not true. Two items I was really looking forward to seeing.

The most realistic cancellation, if there has been one, would be the RNHF Swordfish. It missed Duxford and I don't believe the problem has been fixed.

Noel Rees may not request a rehearsal, in which case the Typhoon would only be at Cosford Sunday. However, it is scheduled to arrive Friday at Shawbury. As with everything, it is very fluid between now and Sunday and just like the programme not being finalised, neither are any of the arrivals or rehearsals.

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

TYPHOON3 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the Voyager and/or C17 cancelled due to operational requirements,hopefully not though.The Vulcan should now be ok after yesterday's flights barring any other issues?You might as well let us know if a certain aircraft has definately cancelled whilst we appreciate the flying program can change between now and Sunday.

Did you copy by post as its almost word for word for what I wrote at lunchtime :grin:

The long range weather forecasts are definitely getting better, yesterday some had heavy showers pretty much all day but now they say chance of light showers with plenty of sun which would suit me just fine.

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

Andyperkins wrote:
TYPHOON3 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the Voyager and/or C17 cancelled due to operational requirements,hopefully not though.The Vulcan should now be ok after yesterday's flights barring any other issues?You might as well let us know if a certain aircraft has definately cancelled whilst we appreciate the flying program can change between now and Sunday.

Did you copy by post as its almost word for word for what I wrote at lunchtime :grin:

The long range weather forecasts are definitely getting better, yesterday some had heavy showers pretty much all day but now they say chance of light showers with plenty of sun which would suit me just fine.

I did see your post-I should have put 'I wouldn't be surprised either'

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

Thought we might have just had the same idea of what might have been cancelled and phrased it in exactly the same way lol

Fingers crossed it's not either of them though.

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

Flare Path wrote:A lot of speculation about the C17/Voyager cancellation, which I hope is not true. Two items I was really looking forward to seeing.

The most realistic cancellation, if there has been one, would be the RNHF Swordfish. It missed Duxford and I don't believe the problem has been fixed.

Noel Rees may not request a rehearsal, in which case the Typhoon would only be at Cosford Sunday. However, it is scheduled to arrive Friday at Shawbury. As with everything, it is very fluid between now and Sunday and just like the programme not being finalised, neither are any of the arrivals or rehearsals.

The Typhoon did not rehearse last year although I did hear (but couldn't see) a loud jet go overhead on the Saturday,presumably the Typhoon on it's way back to Shawbury from Throckmorton?

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

TYPHOON3 wrote:
Flare Path wrote:A lot of speculation about the C17/Voyager cancellation, which I hope is not true. Two items I was really looking forward to seeing.

The Typhoon did not rehearse last year although I did hear (but couldn't see) a loud jet go overhead on the Saturday,presumably the Typhoon on it's way back to Shawbury from Throckmorton?

Yes, it transited over Cosford on the Saturday, returning from Throckmorton.

Friday would be my bet, if he wanted to rehearse, on is way from Coningsby to Shawbury. :ninja:

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

It has rehearsed in the past on it's way to Shawbury from Coningsby,although I think that was a Saturday afternoon.As it's arriving Friday,it does sound the most likely if at all.

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

TYPHOON3 wrote:It has rehearsed in the past on it's way to Shawbury from Coningsby,although I think that was a Saturday afternoon.As it's arriving Friday,it does sound the most likely if at all.

The last time it rehearsed (2012) was late Friday afternoon in some dreadful conditions and wasn't best received with the local equestrian centre.

On Saturday the jet has to be prepared for a display at Throckmorton. Chances of it displaying twice in the same day are slim.

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Thought you all deserved an update... :wave:

Sadly we have indeed had some cancellations. They're out of our control and we're as upset as you as you are!
- RAF C-17
- RNHF Swordfish
- AAC Defender

But we have already booked a replacement display! :biggrin:
- Classic Air Force Venom FB50!

I can't release details of arrival/practice times sadly but I will say... Saturday will be the busier day and no Typhoon practice scheduled at the moment! :ninja:

Chloe Jane

Post by Chloe Jane »

PeterR wrote:Thought you all deserved an update... :wave:

Sadly we have indeed had some cancellations. They're out of our control and we're as upset as you as you are!
- RAF C-17
- RNHF Swordfish
- AAC Defender

But we have already booked a replacement display! :biggrin:
- Classic Air Force Venom FB50!

I can't release details of arrival/practice times sadly but I will say... Saturday will be the busier day and no Typhoon practice scheduled at the moment! :ninja:

Aw its a shame the C17 has cancelled ( hope the voyager doesnt cancel) ... looking forward to the Venom though!! Fingers crossed no more cancellations :up:

LukeBrown

Post by LukeBrown »

Great to see the Venom has been booked but a shame to see the Cancellations
Going to be a great show anyway
Luke

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

Personally, I think I'd actually prefer the Venom to the displays that have cancelled.

CameronSys

Post by CameronSys »

Noooo! Was really looking forward to the c17. One of the reasons I booked tickets! However, the venom is a great replacement. Could do with some more replacements though!