Another Malaysian aircraft down...

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum

MRTT

Re: Another Malaysian aircraft down...

Post by MRTT »

Reports going around that it has in fact been shot down by the bloody Russians. :shock: :sad:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

FTS

Post by FTS »

If it was a BUK missile (SA-11/17) as quoted that shot it down, then the Russians/separatist are responsible. Ukraine don't have SA-11/17.
Last edited by FTS on Thu 17 Jul 2014, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
facebook.com/shgpmedia
instagram.com/shgphotography86/
Youtube - SHGP Media

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Sky News reporting that it has been confirmed the aircraft was taken out by a SAM.

Who fired though.... speculation at this stage is nothing short of dangerous.

Andy

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

What the hell are they doing still flying over that part of the world. Unbelievable.

And there is no evidence whatsoever yet it was shot down.

craig.mason

Post by craig.mason »

Looks like its those trigger happy pro-Russia rebels that shot it down who recently shot down a transport & fighter planes also
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM

A380FWWOW

Post by A380FWWOW »

Keeping the speculation out of this, if a civil airliner has been shot down that is an act of war!

Whatever its going to be very bad news for Malaysian Airlines, however thinking of the 295 who have probably all perished in what's an awful incident, may they all Rest in Peace. Thinking of the friends and family!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65589468@N04/
View on this site are my views and not those of any organisation!

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Pro Russian separatists are said to be claiming responsibility. Unlikely there will be war.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

A380FWWOW wrote:Keeping the speculation out of this, if a civil airliner has been shot down that is an act of war!

Tell that to the US.

Pretty horrible incident as it sounds but we really should wait til detail emerge before making any kind of speculation.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

As has been said earlier,this is a war zone what are airliners doing flying over the area!
Looking at fr24 there are still airliners flying through the area just to save money if they had to go a longer route.

John in Seaford

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Somewhat confusing , though.
News agencies are reporting the claims that it was shot down by a SAM.
Ukrainians are claiming said SAM was a Buk Missile System one.
These reportedly have a maximum range of about 25KM , yet the last reported position of the aircraft was some 60+KM from the nearest Russian territory , which would logically rule out Russia.
As Ukrainian Military list the Buk System as part of their TO&E , that would logically leave two options -- the Ukrainian Military are responsible , or the insurgents were utilising a captured vehicle.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

3rd option. . SA-17 operated by russian forces inside eastern Ukraine. You cannot believe for a moment a SA-17 system being operated by untrained operatives

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Sky is reporting there is an S-200V system in rebel hands within range of the crash site....

(and here I was saying not to speculate, I will chastise myself immediately)

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

Not good news at all. :sad:
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Vodka ;
Not forgetting the fact that many of the 'insurgents' have been reported as being Soviet Military ever since the insurgency started , or that a fair percentage of the real insurgents are ex-Ukrainian Military ( the consequence of compulsory National Service ).
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

Taken off Facebook, from Twitter.

6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

chill51

Post by chill51 »

Maisie wrote:Taken off Facebook, from Twitter.

There are many images on twitter which are very graphic and shocking from the crash site its quite unbelievable who ever did this and just what could they possibly gain from doing it.
Mike

Uniden UBC 780 XLT
Winradio WR-G31DDC Excalibur
Drake R8A
Diamond D.777
Wellbrook ALA 1530L
AirNav

aaron0288

Post by aaron0288 »

I very much doubt it was deliberate.

Pat Murphy

Post by Pat Murphy »

My eldest flew to KL 2 weeks ago, on the same route. I watched it going over Ukraine on FlightRadar24. She's coming home next week. Not sure what to do...

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Terrible. But there's something not quite right about this. False flag, indeed...

Private Custard

Post by Private Custard »

Any idea where I can find out which airlines are altering their flightpaths?

My family are heading to Singapore tomorrow, and they usually fly the same route as mh17 :/

T_J

Post by T_J »

FTS wrote:If it was a BUK missile (SA-11/17) as quoted that shot it down, then the Russians/separatist are responsible. Ukraine don't have SA-11/17.

Ukraine does have Buk. The separatists have been boasting for weeks that they have captured Ukrainian SA-11 Buk systems.

DONETSK, June 29, /ITAR-TASS/. Self-defence forces of the Donetsk People’s Republic have taken control over a missile defence army unit equipped with Buk missile defence systems, the press service of the Donetsk People’s Republic told Itar-Tass on Sunday.

So far, no details are available about the number and condition of the missile systems taken over by the self-defence forces. The press service refused to comment.The Buk missile defence system is a mobile medium-range surface-to-air missile (SAM) system designed to defend field troops and logistics installations against air threats in conditions of heavy electronic countermeasures and intense enemy fire.

http://en.itar-tass.com/world/738262

Donetsk militia takes control of Ukrainian anti-air installation

The self-defense forces of Donetsk People’s Republic seized control of a Ukrainian anti-air military installation, RIA Novosti reports.

"The forces of Donetsk People’s Republic assumed control of A-1402 military base," the militia's representative said. According to him, it is an anti-aircraft missile forces facility equipped with Buk mobile surface-to-air missile systems.

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_06_2 ... tion-1561/

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Transcript published by Ukraine's Secret Service...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5E8kDo2n6g

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17.04.2014 year 16:20

Terrorists from group "Besa"
(citizen of Russia I.Bezler)
from Russian AAC was shut down civilian air plane "Boing-777"
"Mailasian Airlines"
flight Amsterdam - Kuala-Lumpur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16:40 "Bes" (demon) reported about shut down air plane to his curator
Col. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_In...torate_(Russia)

Geranin Vasiliy Nikolaivich

-Right now we take down air plane. Group "Minera". It falls near Inakievo.
-Airmen, where is airmen?
-Moved to crash side for searching and photographing crashed air plane. It's smokes.
-How long ago?
-Near 30 minutes.

After they observed crash side terrorists concluded that they take down civil air plane

- Yes Major.
-So this is "Chernuhinskie" taked down air plane. From Chernuhinsk block-post. Those Kazaks on Chernuhino.
-Oh my god
-Plane crumbled in the air, near Petroplavlovsk mine. First 200 (NOTE: mail 200 means dead man. All who died in battle send in coffin with tag 200, so they refereed for first victim they found). We found first 200. He is civilian.
-Well, what have you got there
-Well, it is 100% civilian plain
-Ok, how many people?
- F**ck. Chips falls right in to the peoples yards
-What plane was?
-I don't know, as I wasn't near main part. I only near place, where is first bodies start falling. There is parts of brackets, saddles, bodies.
-Any weapons?
-Nothing. Civilians stuff, medical parts, towel, toilet paper.
-Any documents?
-Yes. Indonesia student, from Thompson university blya,

-About this aircraft, that was shut down near Snejnoe - Torez. It was civilian air plane. It crashed near Grabov, there is loads of dead bodies of women and children. Now cozaks looking at this stuff.
-According to TV, it was AN-26, Ukrainian transoprt airplane, but saying airplane has text "Mailazia airlines". What he was doing on Ukrainian territory?
-So that mean it (plain) imported spies. Nehui (I don't know how to translate it, but intonation and altitude it was like they are guilty for being shut.) flying, there is war going on.
-Understood.

Shyft87

Post by Shyft87 »

Apparently the separatists just claimed responsibility, thinking they'd shot down an antanov...

...apparently...

Edit: ah, flare path beat me to it about the an-26
Last edited by Shyft87 on Thu 17 Jul 2014, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

1:52: About that plane shot down near Snezhnovo Torez. It turned out to be a passenger plane. Fell near Grabovo, there's lots of bodies, women and children. Right now the cossacks are inspecting it.
2:03: On TV they are saying AN-26, Ukrainian transport, but are saying it's labeled Malaysian Airlines.
2:12: What was it doing in Ukrainian territory?
2:16: Maybe it was transporting spies. Who knows. It's war.

Yeah about that...