Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Re: Northolt Night Photoshoot XVII

Post by Domvickery »

Whats the traffic usually like leading up to & around the base? I finish work at 3.30 on Thursday & I'm thinking to leave straight from there (Birmingham)
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

Domvickery wrote:Whats the traffic usually like leading up to & around the base? I finish work at 3.30 on Thursday & I'm thinking to leave straight from there (Birmingham)

Good idea! I am sure some of the regulars that travel down from the Midlands can give you good advice on travel times to Northolt late afternoon by road.
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

There has been a large number of people who have contacted me advising they did not receive the joining instructions. I can only assume there must have been a blip on the system and one of the multi addressee mails I sent did not get through. I am resending them and all that have contacted me should have received the JIs by later tonight
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

It looks like we are expecting Tracker 24 from Marseilles. Tracker 7 has been called in for maintenance unexpectedly. C'est la vie!
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Graf Zeppelin wrote:It looks like we are expecting Tracker 24 from Marseilles. Tracker 7 has been called in for maintenance unexpectedly. C'est la vie!

At least one's still coming! Thanks for keeping us updated.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

Domvickery wrote:Whats the traffic usually like leading up to & around the base? I finish work at 3.30 on Thursday & I'm thinking to leave straight from there (Birmingham)

I only live 20 minutes up the M40 at Wycombe but give myself double that at that time of the evening. The worst part is usually getting off at the Polish War Memorial slip road..... :wall:
Good job it wasn't last Thursday as the A40 outside the base was closed altogether apparently...that could have been fun. You should be OK tho...? Enjoy... :up:
...Rad shutters auto.

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

I'm leaving Telford at Lunch, between 12-1. As already said, the slip road by the Polish War Memorial is a right PITA... so I would advise on getting there an half hour to 40 minutes earlier than what time you plan.
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

I usually get there for 4 430 ish i have to add this... At the War Memorial.... as any later its chaos

Just so people dont think i get there too early!
Last edited by AndyXH558 on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life's a piece of S*** if you look at it!

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Just to remind you all, the JIs state you shouldn't arrive before 1715L as requested by the MOD Plod.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

PeterR wrote:Just to remind you all, the JIs state you shouldn't arrive before 1715L as requested by the MOD Plod.

Thank god you gave us it in local time or I'd never have understood. I was aiming for 1715 in Bulgaria.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Wissam24 wrote:Thank god you gave us it in local time or I'd never have understood. I was aiming for 1715 in Bulgaria.

Sorry! Do it out of habit now, my friends make similar sarcastic comments when I arrange to meet them in local time too...

Graf Zeppelin

Post by Graf Zeppelin »

If you do get to Northolt before 1715 you should park down a side road near the base and not park in the entrance road to the base. That keeps everybody sweet!
Cheers Phil

Excellere Contende

Rule 27

Post by Rule 27 »

PeterR wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:Thank god you gave us it in local time or I'd never have understood. I was aiming for 1715 in Bulgaria.

Sorry! Do it out of habit now, my friends make similar sarcastic comments when I arrange to meet them in local time too...

I have to consciously convert from Zulu time whenever I write a time or talk to someone :\

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

And for those who don't read the e-mails, and there are quite a few, car parking on base has changed.

Car Parking will be in the BFPO car park and access to the ramp will be via a pedestrian gate at the eastern end of the apron by hangar 5. You will be met at the car park and marshalled into a group and given a safety brief.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

jules48

Post by jules48 »

Excuse me for being ignorant but I thought single engined aircraft were not allowed so how come there is a Hawk and a Tucano or does the ETPS Hawk count as 1 aircraft with 2 engines.
Perhaps someone could clarify

Thankyou

Rule 27

Post by Rule 27 »

The AIP states: "No single engine aircraft are accepted except with express permission of the Station Commander or his nominated deputy"

(AD 2-EGWU-1, AD2.3.12 refers)

jwarnerxh558

Post by jwarnerxh558 »

Graf Zeppelin wrote:The joining instructions went out this evening. If there is anyone who was expecting them and hasn't received them please e-mail or PM me.

You have a pm from me phil......

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

Current BBC Weather forecast is for it to be cloudy (so?) and dry (yay!!!)... No need to become a sacrifice to any rain gods this time then... :butt: lol

Hope everyone has a safe journey there. If you see a noob struggling with settings or tripping over his tripod, it's probably me. So please say hello and offer encouragement...

Ooooh, as this is my debut here - is there anywhere to buy a hot drink or take a pee? :dummy:
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

I'll be wearing a black and red Saracens hat so do come over and say hi.

jules48

Post by jules48 »

Re single engined aircraft.
Thankyou for your explanation.Very helpful.
I assume most will be arriving during the afternoon.Any approx times would be helpful

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

Wissam24 wrote:I'll be wearing a black and red Saracens hat so do come over and say hi.

I'll be in a high viz, keep an eye out :)
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Maisie wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:I'll be wearing a black and red Saracens hat so do come over and say hi.

I'll be in a high viz, keep an eye out :)

With a camera too by any chance?

Thanks for all the traffic advice, I cant get out of work any earlier so I'll come straight from work, it should take 1hr 45m without traffic, if I'm there early I'll just sit in the shell car park & find a chippy :lol:
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

effects

Post by effects »

Sorry about that!!! :wink:
Nikon P900 (Sony DSC-HX400V, Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)

Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Post by Talldan76 »

Domvickery wrote:Thanks for all the traffic advice, I cant get out of work any earlier so I'll come straight from work, it should take 1hr 45m without traffic, if I'm there early I'll just sit in the shell car park & find a chippy :lol:

Beware, we found a chippy just down the road towards Ruislip last time, and it was awful...(it was on the opposite side of the road to the base, and just under a bridge IIRC)...

I would certainly avoid that one if you can!!

Dan