I wish you all teh best for the future, it's been fun.

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
Deacon
UKAR Supporter

I wish you all teh best for the future, it's been fun.

Post by Deacon »

To all my good friends on UKAR, thanks so much for the support and encouragement over the years.

I've decided to quit modelling for the foreseable future. I'm not quite sure how I have come to this point, but I have.

Fond regards,

Alan

iainpeden

Re: I wish you all teh best for the future, it's been fun.

Post by iainpeden »

Overload after your efforts this year maybe.

Good luck in the new hobby - have you decided whether to opt for alligator wrestling, toad sexing or teddy bear collecting yet?
Iain
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

How the hell did that happen Alan?

I have to say that you were coming out with some of the best stuff i have seen from you, especially when you were posting the dioramas! I hope its just a severe loss of mojo that can be recovered and you will be back very soon.
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!

Craig

Post by Craig »

Well all I can say is aside from the rather sad loss of enthusiasm for the hobby, I'll be even more sad to see you absent from here. You've been one of the stalwarts that has continued to drive this forward as one of the friendliest and most helpful modelmaking communities on the web. In that regard you'll be greatly missed. Take it easy mate :worship:

Logster

Post by Logster »

Alan, I am really sad to hear this. As others have said you have been very encouraging an supportive of all of us and we will be sad to see you go.
Maybe, as I have just found, a lack of mojo that can be recovered?
I hope so but all the best for the future whatever you decide.
Matt

Ray Purchase

Post by Ray Purchase »

Really sorry to hear that mate, loved looking at your builds.
Cheers mate (havn't taken up golf have you?)
That was the best full English breakfast I've had since Gary Wilmot's wedding.

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

Sorry to hear that Alan. You've done more than anyone to keep the modelling section going these last few years and you'll certainly be missed around here.

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

Sad to hear that Alan, wish you all the best in the future.
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

I'm sorry to hear this Alan.... I think quite a few of us (myself included) lost a bit of mojo in the past year. I just actually picked back up that SU-30MK for the first time in almost 2 months... It has almost made it to the bin four times! :ghost: It still might yet..... But between that and our sick dog. I just didn't want to work on anything.

You'll be very missed in the building community here. Please at least pop in to say hi or something and not disappear all together. Magella and I will be in Cosford area once again maybe on our way back from India and it would be good to see you and your family for a visit for a little longer then the last time.

Speaking of the visit to Cosford.... Just for you... As soon as either this SU-30MK is done or finally tossed into the bin. I'm going to build that Revell British Bombers set you bought me on the last visit.

TomTwin

Post by TomTwin »

Sorry to hear this Alan, you were always one of the most committed modellers on this forum. Won't be the same without you!

Take care, and all the best for the future!

Tom

Irishaernut

Post by Irishaernut »

I too had just got back into it when I lost interest again.
But for me it goes with the seasons , I build in winter then go outdoors in the summer.
You will get the urge again, I did.

flying_medic

Post by flying_medic »

Just because you are taking a break from modelling (never say never), it doesn't mean you have to completely divorce yourself from the forum. Although it's been a while since I stuck any bits of plastic together, I still visit the forum for my modelling fix. I might even get back to modelling one day soon.

You have many friends and fans on here and while I'm sure your modelling and inspiration will be missed, you don't have to disappear completely.

F_M

Edit: is this maybe a reaction to possibly overdoing it with 52 builds in a year? I think anyone would need a break after that. (Hope we're not going to lose Geoff as well!)

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

flying_medic wrote:Just because you are taking a break from modelling (never say never), it doesn't mean you have to completely divorce yourself from the forum. Although it's been a while since I stuck any bits of plastic together, I still visit the forum for my modelling fix. I might even get back to modelling one day soon.

You have many friends and fans on here and while I'm sure your modelling and inspiration will be missed, you don't have to disappear completely.

F_M

Edit: is this maybe a reaction to possibly overdoing it with 52 builds in a year? I think anyone would need a break after that. (Hope we're not going to lose Geoff as well!)

Certainly not FM good buddy!
Its looking like this month at least, i will better my start to last year! However, the events(all good!) of the last few days will see me building less but i will be looking for a bit better quality and certainly not the quantity! :dizzy:

I have been looking at the stash and will be looking to thin it out a fair bit, maybe even as much as a third by the time some new ones are aquired! :heyhey:
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!

jag636

Post by jag636 »

I know how you feel I have had a 3 year gap my self, but I can say that through forums like this and some others I have now found myself again and am on my 5th 6th and 7th, so it can happen so have hope in your heart and treat it like a break.
Member of Newark air museum and trustee/acquisitions officer just trying to save what we all love and thats history

Brew67

Post by Brew67 »

Ahh bugger and to think we never got to meet best of luck in what ever your next venture :wink: :wave:

All the best Clive