RIAT 2015

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Macc

Re: RIAT 2015

Post by Macc »

FlyingMachinesTV wrote:Don't underestimate how complex it is to produce a livestream of an Airshow, particularly RIAT

Exactly - plus the money would have to come from somewhere so it would either be those who are inside paying for the livestream or something would have to be sacrificed for it. I think the reason why some airshows do it, is because they are producing live footage for video screens anyway that it becomes worthwhile to put it online, for advertising plus to give their sponsors another reason to be happy.

FlyingMachinesTV

Post by FlyingMachinesTV »

Macc wrote:
FlyingMachinesTV wrote:Don't underestimate how complex it is to produce a livestream of an Airshow, particularly RIAT

Exactly - plus the money would have to come from somewhere so it would either be those who are inside paying for the livestream or something would have to be sacrificed for it. I think the reason why some airshows do it, is because they are producing live footage for video screens anyway that it becomes worthwhile to put it online, for advertising plus to give their sponsors another reason to be happy.

Exactly the case with Bournemouth.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

When did the RNZAF first turn orange on the site? Been ages!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Wissam24 wrote:When did the RNZAF first turn orange on the site? Been ages!

They're obviously still not sure whether they can send the 757 or not. :whistle:

More the point why are the US Air Force and Navy still orange when they've already confirmed and where are the US Army at all. :grin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

There are also two nato units still down as green!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

MarkEstus wrote:
Adam L. wrote:
Milguy22 wrote:
Adam L. wrote:Just announced: PlanesTV will produce this year's RIAT DVD! Very pleased about that, an excellent company who produce excellent DVDs, and recently they have been getting things out on time too. I was never a fan of The Media Group.

Does this mean that they may be live streaming one day? I am going on Saturday, but just wondered if this was a deal they have made with DBH.

Not sure. I know streams usually have to be allowed by the organisers. As it's a sell-out, they may not mind if PTV live stream as the main reason organisers don't allow streams is because they think people will watch live rather than buy a ticket and go for real. I suppose we'll know soon enough. Be nice if they could stream the arrivals and departures too, but that would be a lot of work for a fairly limited audience I would expect.

I like the sound of an Arrivals live stream :drool:

Then you're on the right website hint hint ;-)

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

And why would that be Andy?! :question: :question:

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Fantastic that planes tv are back!

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

capercaillie wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:When did the RNZAF first turn orange on the site? Been ages!

They're obviously still not sure whether they can send the 757 or not. :whistle:

More the point why are the US Air Force and Navy still orange when they've already confirmed and where are the US Army at all. :grin:

Last year Romania and Czech Republic were on-going righ up until the day if the show... I wouldn't read too much into it.

MarkEstus

Post by MarkEstus »

UKAR was great for arrivals last year!
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/332375753559900/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FlyingMachinesTV

Post by FlyingMachinesTV »

G-CVIX wrote:Fantastic that planes tv are back!

Ironically after all these years it's the first time they've done it. Onyx did the Videos in the Early 90's followed by Red Admiral, us and then the Media Group. Now they've got it I'm sure they'll make a great job of it.

Adam L.

Post by Adam L. »

Wissam24 wrote:And why would that be Andy?! :question: :question:

In previous years Andy has posted photos in a special thread during arrival days. But I'm sure he'll agree that it's not quite the same as a live video feed...

FlyingMachinesTV wrote:Onyx did the Videos in the Early 90's followed by Red Admiral, us and then the Media Group. Now they've got it I'm sure they'll make a great job of it.

Well you did a fine job too, if I may say so! And I really appreciated that unlike TMG, you let PTV use some footage in their British Airshows DVD.
Adam Landau
Editor, www.thisisflight.net

harkins

Post by harkins »

I suppose it's unlikely we'll see any additions now, so it really does seem that there won't be a single F-16 in the static this year. This is like Christmas without a Christmas tree. Yeah, there's presents, turkey, booze, crackers and the Queens speech, but no Christmas tree?! It's quite bizarre.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

harkins wrote:I suppose it's unlikely we'll see any additions now, so it really does seem that there won't be a single F-16 in the static this year. This is like Christmas without a Christmas tree. Yeah, there's presents, turkey, booze, crackers and the Queens speech, but no Christmas tree?! It's quite bizarre.

Just how I feel about a lack of Phantoms.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

harkins

Post by harkins »

I know what you mean,but a Phantom on static now would be about as likely as finding Father Christmas crawling out of your fireplace.

wamovements

Post by wamovements »

Next weekends MIL bzn visitors ( 2 choppers on a final visit to the UK before retirement) are willing to make a flypast on both Saterday and Sunday. Anyone know a POC to see if it fits the programm?
Starting from Issue 406 Scramble Magazine is a full colour magazine, another reason to subscribe!

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Riatairops on here

wamovements

Post by wamovements »

Thanks, message sent
Starting from Issue 406 Scramble Magazine is a full colour magazine, another reason to subscribe!

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

harkins wrote:I know what you mean,but a Phantom on static now would be about as likely as finding Father Christmas crawling out of your fireplace.

Strange to think that Yeovilton will have both static F-16s and a Phantom.

WG655
UKAR Staff

Post by WG655 »

Glad to see Andy Armstrong's media background has led to PlanesTV coming into the fold - a very sensible decision and guaranteed, high-quality content. :clap:

henk99

Post by henk99 »

I'm sure it involves quite a bit of coordinating. Last year I was at Payerne for Air14 on the first weekend. Although the live stream doesn't come close to the real thing, I did really enjoy it at home on the second weekend. It was very well done over there in my opinion.
| Erlanger Bergkirchweih | RIAT 2024 | Sanicole 2024 |

Oldtower

Post by Oldtower »

harkins wrote:I suppose it's unlikely we'll see any additions now, so it really does seem that there won't be a single F-16 in the static this year.

You may find that the demo F16s will possibly be southside perhaps as previous for people to see closer so partly static if you see what i mean.

Jamie87

Post by Jamie87 »

wamovements wrote:Next weekends MIL bzn visitors ( 2 choppers on a final visit to the UK before retirement) are willing to make a flypast on both Saterday and Sunday. Anyone know a POC to see if it fits the programm?

I'm intrigued
Cosford, RIAT, Rhyl, Southport

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Belgian Sea King, Dutch or Belgian Alouette III?

If they're coming over why not just include RIAT as part of the tour and stay over rather than Brize? Could easily use same accommodation if any booked. :dunno:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

harkins wrote:I know what you mean,but a Phantom on static now would be about as likely as finding Father Christmas crawling out of your fireplace.

It's not like it can't happen still... Would love to see a Turkish F-4 over here next year maybe?

Gilze '14.

ImageUntitled by Radleigh Bushell, on Flickr
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6