RIAT 2015

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Suprastar

Re: RIAT 2015

Post by Suprastar »

MarkEstus wrote:Asked via RIAT's Facebook and there will be No FunFair this year :)

Ahh god dam it!!!,.... Knew I should have gone Cosford this year.

I guess some of you guys will need to photoshop a fun fair into your pictures then. Shame.

:lol:

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

They don't need it when they've got the 'Adrenalin Zone'
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

tu16

Post by tu16 »

PeterR wrote:To be honest, I'd rather RIAT didn't announce any last minute additions, to give us some welcome surprises to get excited about on arrivals days! :up:

With you on that one.... people seem to talk quite fondly on this Forum of the years when the USAF A10s or Italian Tornados turned up unannounced.
Last edited by tu16 on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Just imagine when the brace of b-1s appears gracefully in the distance unannounced - fun. :-)
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

And it'll turn out they're actually lost & thought Fairford was Mildenhall
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Tom Twin and a few other people, i apologise for being a tad over enthusiastic. I'm just looking forward to the show, as are many others. Roll on Wednesday, which i'm sure will be the start to a cracking show. At times i feel like i'm not able to post anything on here without being shot down :surrender:

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Airshowhammer wrote:Tom Twin and a few other people, i apologise for being a tad over enthusiastic. I'm just looking forward to the show, as are many others. Roll on Wednesday, which i'm sure will be the start to a cracking show. At times i feel like i'm not able to post anything on here without being shot down :surrender:

Welcome to the club mate, currently standing at a membership of 2! :lmao:
Got to love Russianhardware

CJS

Post by CJS »

Brevet Cable wrote:And it'll turn out they're actually lost & thought Fairford was Mildenhall

Well as long as no-one tells them til they've landed it won't matter ;-)

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Wissam24 wrote:we're all entitled to optimism.

Speaking of which, there's been no news about Zeus recently, is no news good news? :dunno:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

Adam L.

Post by Adam L. »

Pringles wrote:

Speaking of which, there's been no news about Zeus recently, is no news good news? :dunno:

Um, yeah, I think so.

At least, I hope so.
Adam Landau
Editor, www.thisisflight.net

sopwithflyer

Post by sopwithflyer »

Pringles wrote:

They will make it here! The lure of a cash dispenser should swing it.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Pringles wrote:

Still EU talks ongoing about saving Greece. Outcome depending on the country that is commenting. From what I understood Greece should put EUR 57,000,000,000 in a fund to solve their debts, to get EUR 7,000,000,000 help. Sounds like a very bad deal for them.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

If Zeus , hopefully, make it it may be the last we see of the Hellenic AF for a while as part of the ongoing talks is..
€300m ($332m; £216m) defence spending cuts by 2016

Mind you Greece has got a large armed forces for its population.

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

HeyfordDave111 wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:Tom Twin and a few other people, i apologise for being a tad over enthusiastic. I'm just looking forward to the show, as are many others. Roll on Wednesday, which i'm sure will be the start to a cracking show. At times i feel like i'm not able to post anything on here without being shot down :surrender:

Welcome to the club mate, currently standing at a membership of 2! :lmao:

Funny thing is, I remember TomTwin being an annoying "happy clapper" too, getting far too excited over rumours and wishing for participants to be announced from countries that had already declined.

So don't worry, he's probably just getting his own back for stick he took way back when.

Maisie

Post by Maisie »

PeterR wrote:To be honest, I'd rather RIAT didn't announce any last minute additions, to give us some welcome surprises to get excited about on arrivals days! :up:

This.... (Y)

MarkEstus wrote:Asked via RIAT's Facebook and there will be No FunFair this year :)

and this also is good news, looking to be a great RIAT with the Russian and Eastern European built stuff going... an now no funfair to top it off!! :yahoo:
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6

2E0TVR

Post by 2E0TVR »

CJS wrote:Just imagine when the brace of b-1s appears gracefully in the distance unannounced - fun. :-)

Brevet Cable wrote:And it'll turn out they're actually lost & thought Fairford was Mildenhall

I thought it was B52s that did that :whistle:

CJS

Post by CJS »

2E0TVR wrote:
CJS wrote:Just imagine when the brace of b-1s appears gracefully in the distance unannounced - fun. :-)

Either (both...) would be fine. I'd take a lost b-52 fly through :-P

Logster

Post by Logster »

Brevet Cable wrote:My optimism would be that they'll get the Scowegian Vampires & the Huey/Loach pair ; My pessimism says they won't.

As for additions , are we expecting something with regards the Dutch Alouette IIIs ?

Lovely planes the vampires but at Yeovilton this weekend, dare I say it, they were a bit dull and seemed go be displaying over Dorset!
The Huey was great though.......

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

CJS wrote:
2E0TVR wrote:

Either (both...) would be fine. I'd take a lost b-52 fly through :-P

The Bone was a Farnborough "incident" taking a few glider airfields (different glider airfields for different days) for the airfield that had a big trade-show on (IIRC it launched from Fairford).
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Gau8

Post by Gau8 »

Ah the glorious news....no funfair,I for one won't miss it,took 2 of my daughters to yeovilton Airday in 2012,I was £50 lighter 2 hours later,told them Fairford doesn't have funfairs so they never want to go. :rock:

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

aviodromefriend wrote:The Bone was a Farnborough "incident" taking a few glider airfields (different glider airfields for different days) for the airfield that had a big trade-show on (IIRC it launched from Fairford).

Was definitely a Buff that mistook Blackbush for Farnborough, I was there and witnessed said incident :grin:

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

The P-1s have made it to somewhere on the US East coast, PP sharers have them either in North Carolina and Virginia, arrival could be Tuesday or Wednesday at this rate. Unless they have crew rest etc
Gary

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

I'd put money on a Wednesday arrival in that case.

Unless the USAF are going to open the airfield for one day for them, the airspace isn't handed over to RIAT until 0800 local on the Wednesday.

That would also allow for a display validation on the Thursday following aircraft maintenance Wednesday Evening after their transatlantic transit.

Andy

WG655
UKAR Staff

Post by WG655 »

Me too Andy - has Fairford ever accepted non-US traffic before the Wednesday?

The only recent exceptions I can think of was an RAF Harrier in 2008 but that was alongside the arrival of the F-22s and support - the only other early non-US arrival I can think of has been the Colombian Hercules in 2012 with the reason there surely being the fact it was carrying the Calima which required reassembly. Fingers crossed for an arrival from Wed-Fri; particularly seeing as aircraft like the Jordanian Hercules often drop into Brize on the Tuesday as (assumedly) they cannot land at Fairford.

countryman

Post by countryman »

Airshowhammer wrote:Hope xh558 puts on a powerful display for her last Riat! Some of the displays i've seen on the computer don't look to exciting!

It will depend on the weather God's. Throckmorton was excellent. Yeovilton not as much due to low cloud.