RIAT 2015

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Brevet Cable

Re: RIAT 2015

Post by Brevet Cable »

Woodpigeon wrote:
MarkEstus wrote:Don't shoot the messenger but I have been told by someone who spoke to the RIAT site manager today that the Japanese are due to arrive Early Tomorrow :dunno:

It would indeed appear that DBH have managed to mess things up again by having the star item arrive a day before public opening.
If true.....and if it's down to DBH rather than the logistics of the transit flight....and if you believe that the P-1s are THE 'star item' of the show.
:whistle:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

MarkEstus wrote:Don't shoot the messenger but I have been told by someone who spoke to the RIAT site manager today that the Japanese are due to arrive Early Tomorrow :dunno:

Does seem odd if they do arrive on Tuesday, but what else could they do apart from kick around Virginia for a couple of days :grin: I did say in my previous post it was a possibility when they arrived at NAS Norfolk yesterday :grin:

One of them is trackable once they are airborne http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airpl ... 4/#6c9265a

Not sure if it's related but a VX-1 P-8A crossed the Atlantic over night, continued over to Europe though :grin:
Gary

CJS

Post by CJS »

Really, they're in the flying and static display so getting there at a time convenient and best for them in terms of their participation on show days is - I'm afraid - going to trump making sure they fly in on a public arrivals day. Be extremely pleased they are coming (and let's not forgot flying :-o) at all ;-)
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

Osprey

Post by Osprey »

If indeed the P1s arrive at Fairford tomorrow how about on Wed or Thurs they taxi both aircraft to both ends of the runway to give us PAYING CUSTOMERS in both P&V areas the chance to get some clear shots, just a thought and great PR.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Osprey wrote:If indeed the P1s arrive at Fairford tomorrow how about on Wed or Thurs they taxi both aircraft to both ends of the runway to give us PAYING CUSTOMERS in both P&V areas the chance to get some clear shots, just a thought and great PR.

You'll be seeing one validate anyway.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Adam L.

Post by Adam L. »

Osprey wrote:If indeed the P1s arrive at Fairford tomorrow how about on Wed or Thurs they taxi both aircraft to both ends of the runway to give us PAYING CUSTOMERS in both P&V areas the chance to get some clear shots, just a thought and great PR.

Well they'll probably rehearse/validate at some point anyway, surely?
Adam Landau
Editor, www.thisisflight.net

Dan213

Post by Dan213 »

Seriously? As somebody has said here previously, just be grateful that the aircraft are here in the first place. It really does surprise me how many people on here expect the aircrew/ops team to cater for all of their demands just because they are a paying customer.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

I think more aircraft should arrive tomorrow.......think of the poor souls in the various campsites from today who've got nothing to watch.
:snack:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Wissam24 wrote:

You'll be seeing one validate anyway.

But what happens if they decide to rehearse tomorrow. :ninja:

uk02048

Post by uk02048 »

Great stuff if they do, at least they'll be good to go and rested for later in the week - from crew and hardware perspectives.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

I don't recall DBH promising anywhere that the P-1s would arrive on Wednesday or Thursday
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

UTD1

Post by UTD1 »

I seem to remember riat saying that the idea of arrivals days was to see the 1st thing arrive with the departure days to see the last thing leave, that said this was the time when there wasn't a fun fair, singers or motorcycle display team, it was an AIRSHOW nothing more. It is really to much to ask that the aircraft arrive on the 3 arrivals days??

Epic Formacion

Post by Epic Formacion »

Woodpigeon wrote:

It would indeed appear that DBH have managed to mess things up again by having the star item arrive a day before public opening.

Perhaps having flown half way around the world the first (principle?) task has been completed in actually getting to Fairford. Nobody knows what technical/commercial obligations might be in the offing ahead of the show days. I would also imagine the crews might be looking for a clear day off since leaving Japan. Just some thoughts beyond those of simply taking pictures or numbers.

dskxalive

Post by dskxalive »

I really do hope the P-1's, and all the other star acts arrive tomorrow. Will hopefully give some people on here something that they deserve for moaning constantly for the last 6 months! If your moaning that you won't see them on Wednesday or Thursday, you should have paid the extra and watched them fly on the SAT/SUN. As said above, when did DBH promise that the P-1's, and infact any other act, will DEFIANTLY arrive on Wednesday or Thursday?
If its not one thing, it another. You can never please some people!

Honestly, some people need a to have a serious look at themselves and sort themselves out. Be grateful for what you've got!

Rant Over...

Mark

st24

Post by st24 »

dskxalive wrote:DEFIANTLY arrive on Wednesday or Thursday?

:shock: The Defiant arrives on Weds or Thurs??!! Excellent!- what a BoB flypast this will be... :clap:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

UTD1

Post by UTD1 »

If aircraft are going turn up when they like what's the point of arrivals day's then, i know they never said they would turn up either day but it's common sense to turn up on an arrivals day

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

UTD1 wrote:I seem to remember riat saying that the idea of arrivals days was to see the 1st thing arrive with the departure days to see the last thing leave, that said this was the time when there wasn't a fun fair, singers or motorcycle display team, it was an AIRSHOW nothing more. It is really to much to ask that the aircraft arrive on the 3 arrivals days??

And you don't think that there might be exceptions made for items flying over from the other side of the planet? Or would you prefer that the crews get no rest before having to perform, increasing risk to themselves and the public? Thing is, when you buy arrivals tickets, you aren't paying for seeing every single thing arrive, you're paying for access to the base on the Wednesday and Thursday so that you can view the movements on those days. nothing says everything has to arrive on those days.

What's the point of arrivals days? So because two aircraft - 1% of the entire show - are arriving a day early (and with good reason I'm sure), DBH are both screwing their customers over and are guilty of some kind of mistake? Did you forget about the other 198+ aircraft turning up on those days?

UTD1

Post by UTD1 »

Aircraft have been known to overnight elsewhere so they can be at fairford wed-fri so it may have been an idea to leave slightly earlier overnight at brize then turn up at fairford on an arrival day

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

I think you're possibly missing the point of "rest days"

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Sorry, UTD1, but are you seriously asking that crews who have flown halfway around the world go the expense and hassle to divert to another air base for the night, just so you can see both arrive, even though there's one flying anyway? :question:

Got to be honest, that sounds pretty spoilt, to me.

Anyway, if you're that desperate to see both in the air, go to P&V on Monday?

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

RIAT app... :shock:

sopwithflyer

Post by sopwithflyer »

Tom @air ops.

If these Japanese aircraft are arriving on Tuesday, then I want to remind you that I am a customer and its not good enough.

If I send my address to you, could you ask them to flypast my house please as I don't want to miss them. Low enough to get the number as well if that's O.K.

Adam L.

Post by Adam L. »

Tommy wrote:Sorry, UTD1, but are you seriously asking that crews who have flown halfway around the world go the expense and hassle to divert to another air base for the night, just so you can see both arrive, even though there's one flying anyway? :question:

Got to be honest, that sounds pretty spoilt, to me.

Anyway, if you're that desperate to see both in the air, go to P&V on Monday?

:up:
And we want them to come back, after all, so I'd like to think people will be a bit flexible
Adam Landau
Editor, www.thisisflight.net

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

sopwithflyer wrote:Tom @air ops.

If these Japanese aircraft are arriving on Tuesday, then I want to remind you that I am a customer and its not good enough.

If I send my address to you, could you ask them to flypast my house please as I don't want to miss them. Low enough to get the number as well if that's O.K.

I thought you sold it and moved elsewhere to be near another high-quality UK air show? Or I might have lost track. :whistle: :wink:

UTD1

Post by UTD1 »

I did not want to start an argument but i just wanted to point out that it shouldn't be to difficult to get 198+ aircraft in, in 3 days. Years ago they managed it with between 200-300 aircraft without any problem