MH370 found?

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
FarnboroJohn

Re: MH370 found?

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Ray Purchase wrote:Apparently you're all wide of the mark, this is what really has happened:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... g-jet.html

FFS.....

John

JBartlett

Post by JBartlett »

Ray Purchase wrote:Apparently you're all wide of the mark, this is what really has happened:

Well seeing what they did the other day with the Flightradar24 app its not surprising from the daily fail.

James
RIP Red 4, Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging 1978 - 2011
RIP Red 5, Flight Lieutenant Sean Cunningham

ericbee123

Post by ericbee123 »

I know it looks likely that a 777 flaperon in the Indian Ocean is likely to come from MH370, but, here is a late, late curveball for you :

Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL) became the single-source producer of 757 overwing exit doors in 1991. HAL has manufactured the 777 uplock boxes, 777 flaperons, F/A-18 gun bay doors, F/A-18 wire harnesses, P-8I weapons bay doors, P-8I tailcones and P-8I identification friend-or-foe transponders.

777 flaperons are made by Hindustan Aeronautics in India -- so detached 777 flaperons might be quite common in the Southern Hemisphere and in the vicinity of the Indian Ocean ( if transported by ship ) , both new ones, repaired ones and broken ones, if on the way out from (or back for repair to) India.

Source - http://www.boeing.co.in/boeing-in-india ... india.page
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

All of those 'theories' have recently featured on the Huffington Post , so presumably the DM nicked them from there.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

T_J

Post by T_J »

It appears that the flaperon was discovered further up the beach about a month ago. The person didn't realise the significance of the part and didn't report it.

Sky News UK ran a piece to camera from the island on the flaperon being spotted earlier. The claim was that others have come forward to say that they had seen the same aircraft part a month ago in the surf. The claim was that it was spotted at a different location further up the beach. Possibly the claim is true? Possibly the people that have come forward just dismissed it at the time as a piece of old boat wreckage?

Another group of people told Sky News they saw what could have been the same debris a month ago, further up the beach, meaning it could have been floating around the Reunion coast for some time.

Video at following link.

Video: MH370 Debris Found 'A Month Ago'

http://news.sky.com/story/1528673/mh370 ... wing-piece

T_J

Post by T_J »

There is a possibility that other debris from MH370 was burned as part of the beach cleaning process. Mr Ferrier admits to burning a seat and suitcases.

MH370: ''Plane seat'' found washed up on Reunion Island three months ago

Yet Mr Ferrier had no idea of the significance of the object. Flotsam and jetsam washed up are part of his everyday life on the inhospitable beach, where nobody dares to enter the fierce waves and shark-infested waters.
“I found a couple of suitcases too, around the same time, full of things,” he said, almost in passing.
What did you do with them?
“I burnt them,” he said, pointing to the pile of ashes lying on the boulders. “That’s my job. I collect rubbish, and burn it.
“I could have found many things that belonged to the plane, and burnt them, without realising.”

He also saw the wing which washed up on Wednesday – although in May, the barnacles encrusting its side were still alive. By the time it washed ashore again this week, the crustaceans were dead. “Like the seat, I didn’t know what it was. “I sat on it. I was fishing for macabi (bonefish) and used it as a table. I really didn’t pay it much attention – until I saw it on the news.” His story is backed up by that of another local woman, named only as Isabelle, who spotted the same object while walking on the beach in May, accompanied by her 10-year-old son. "It was the beginning of the holidays - around May 10," she told local news website Zinfos974 "I was walking with my son, Krishna. Then from a rock on which we were standing, he saw an object and shouted: 'Mum, that looks like the wing of a plane!'" Krishna then jumped on what looked like a suitcase. He managed to prise it open, and then spotted another suitcase buried in the black sand.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... s-ago.html

smokey

Post by smokey »

Door found as well according to Sky news http://news.sky.com/story/1529113/mh370 ... ky-sources
Rich in Rutland

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Being reported now that at least some of the new debris isn't from an aircraft ( or at least it's not an aircraft part ) , it's part of an ordinary ladder.
아직도 숨어있다

T_J

Post by T_J »

Now confirmed that the flaperon is from MH370.

Part of the aircraft wing found on Reunion island is from the missing MH370 plane, Malaysian prime minister Najib Razak has confirmed.
Mr Razak said international experts examining the debris in France had "conclusively confirmed" it was from the aircraft.

The Malaysia Airlines plane carrying 239 people veered off course from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in March 2014.
The debris was examined at an aeronautical test centre near Toulouse. It was found on the remote French Indian Ocean island of Reunion a week ago.

In a statement, Mr Razak said the "the burden and uncertainty faced by the families" in the 515 days since the aircraft disappeared had been "unspeakable".
"We now have physical evidence that flight MH370 tragically ended in the southern Indian Ocean," he added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-33794012

motormouser

Post by motormouser »

KUALA LUMPUR: Following the announcement made by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak on the confirmation of aircraft debris found on Reunion Island last July 29 being from the missing MH370, Malaysia Airlines conveyed their deepest sympathy to the loved ones of those on board the ill-fated flight.

Below is their statement released to the media Thursday:

"Malaysia Airlines would like to sincerely convey our deepest sorrow to the families and friends of the passengers onboard Flight MH370 on the news that the flaperon found on Reunion Island on 29 July was indeed from Flight MH370. This has been confirmed jointly today by the French Authorities, Bureau d’ Enquetes et d‘ Analyses pour la Securites de I’AviationCivile (BEA), the Malaysian Investigation Team, Technical Representative from PRC and Australian Transportation Safety Bureau (ATSB) in Toulouse, France and subsequently announced by the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Dato’ Seri Najib Tun Razak.

"Family members of passengers and crew have already been informed and we extend our deepest sympathies to those affected.

"This is indeed a major breakthrough for us in resolving the disappearance of MH370. We expect and hope that there would be more objects to be found which would be able to help resolve this mystery.

"Moving forward, Malaysia Airlines’ priority will continue to provide latest updates and information to the families and will fully cooperate with the relevant authorities on the investigation and recovery of this tragic accident."

:sad:

rambo

Post by rambo »

Glad to see no one is speculating :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

should this thread be locked and edited too lol? :confused:

Mad Dan

Post by Mad Dan »

I did say in a recent post that I wasn't going to comment any more...

But the message directly above this isn't funny...
I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

rambo wrote:Glad to see no one is speculating :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

should this thread be locked and edited too lol? :confused:

:sleepy: Not at the moment, but valueless and petty comments like that don't help.

If you've got a response, I'd prefer it via PM to stop the thread clogging any further, but seriously; what exactly is the point of your post?

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/discovery-missing-plane-debris-fuels-anger-among-chinese-083919127--finance.html#tOCT67t
BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese family members of passengers aboard a missing Malaysia Airlines flight reacted with anger and scepticism on Thursday after Malaysia's government said a piece of wing debris found on an Indian Ocean island last week was from the plane.
Flight MH370 was carrying 239 passengers and crew when it disappeared in March last year en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Most of those on board were Chinese.
The Malaysian prime minister's announcement that the barnacle-covered piece of wing known as a flaperon was part of the MH370 Boeing 777 was the first direct evidence that the plane had crashed in the ocean.
"Find the people for us. We suspect that the airplane wreckage could be faked," Liu Kun, whose younger brother was on board, told Reuters by telephone.
"Parts previously used and exchanged in maintenance could be thrown down there, but the people right now cannot be found."
아직도 숨어있다

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

French officials have finally confirmed the flaperon is from MH370 :
( Google translate )
The aircraft debris recovered in late July belongs Reunion "with certainty" the MH370 flight Malaysia Airlines, disappeared in March 2014. The Paris prosecutor's office made the announcement Thursday, September 3, after several weeks of investigation.

"The expertise operations initiated August 5, 2015, following the discovery of the flaperon in Reunion July 29, helped raise through an endoscope three numbers inside the flaperon, writes the floor. It is found that these three issues could match the reference parts manufacturing entrusted subcontracted by Boeing to Airbus Defence and Space company, based in Seville (Spain). "
An identification "formal"

"The immediate communication of order data and manufacturing parts of the aircraft, made explicit by the hearing of a technician, allows to formally join one of the three issues raised within the flaperon to the serial number Flaperon of the boeing 777 flight MH370, said the prosecutor. Thus, it is now possible to state with certainty that the flaperon discovered in Reunion July 29, 2015 corresponds to the flight MH370. "

( Original French article : http://www.francetvinfo.fr/monde/asie/boeing-disparu/vol-mh370-le-debris-d-avion-retrouve-a-la-reunion-fin-juillet-appartient-avec-certitude-au-boeing-de-la-malaysia-airlines_1068365.html )
Le débris d'avion retrouvé à La Réunion fin juillet appartient "avec certitude" au vol MH370 de la Malaysia Airlines, disparu en mars 2014. Le parquet de Paris a fait cette annonce jeudi 3 septembre, après plusieurs semaines d'enquête.

"Les opérations d’expertises initiées le 5 août 2015, suite à la découverte du flaperon à La Réunion le 29 juillet, ont permis de relever au moyen d’un endoscope trois numéros à l’intérieur du flaperon, écrit le parquet. Il est apparu que ces trois numéros pouvaient correspondre à la référence de la fabrication de pièces confiée en sous-traitance par la société Boeing à la société Airbus Defense and Space, sise à Séville (Espagne)".
Une indentification "formelle"

"La communication immédiate des données relatives aux commandes et fabrication des pièces de l’aéronef, explicitée par l’audition d’un technicien, permet d’associer formellement l’un des trois numéros relevés à l’intérieur du flaperon au numéro de série du flaperon du boeing 777 du vol MH370, poursuit le parquet. Ainsi, il est aujourd’hui possible d’affirmer avec certitude que le flaperon découvert à La Réunion le 29 juillet 2015 correspond à celui du vol MH370."
아직도 숨어있다

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Yet another zombie-thread resurrection......
From today's BBC website :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35709867
Malaysia's transport minister has said there is a "high possibility" that debris found in Mozambique came from a Boeing 777, the same model as missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.
Liow Tiong Lai tweeted: "Based on early reports, high possibility debris found in Mozambique belongs to a B777".
Mr Liow said Malaysian aviation teams were working with their Australian counterparts to retrieve the debris.
( snip )
If confirmed, the object found in Mozambique will be the second piece of known debris from the aircraft. Last year authorities found a piece of the plane's wing on the shore of Reunion island in the Indian Ocean.
According to reports, the new object was discovered on a sandbank off the coast of Mozambique. NBC News said the debris was found by an American man who has been tracking the investigation into the missing flight.

Mr Liow said: "I urge everyone to avoid undue speculation as we are not able to conclude that the debris belongs to MH370 at this time."
Mozambican authorities have no information on the sighting of the object, interior ministry spokesman Inacio Dina told Reuters.

The US National Transportation Safety Board and aircraft manufacturer Boeing declined to comment.
아직도 숨어있다

T_J

Post by T_J »

Possibly more wreckage has been found in Reunion Island? Three images at following link.

http://www.clicanoo.re/513601-johny-beg ... verte.html

T_J

Post by T_J »

Officials from the South African Civil Aviation Authority have collected debris suspected to be that of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 from a KwaZulu-Natal family.

18-year-old Liam Lotter of Wartburg made the discovery while on holiday with his family in Mozambique.

Two officials from the Accident and Incident Investigation Division of the CAA arrived at the Wartburg home of the Lotter family shortly after midday.

The soft blue honeycomb structure, which is about one metre in length, lay on the patio table.

After briefly examining it, the officials took an official statement from the teenager who made the discovery on a beach between Guinjata and Paindane on 27 December while walking with his cousin, Calvin Demont.

Images of the possible MH370 wreckage at following link.

https://www.ecr.co.za/news-sport/news/m ... zn-family/

T_J

Post by T_J »

Update on the second piece of debris found by Johnny Begue.

MH370: debris found on Reunion 'unlikely' to be from missing plane
Australian officials leading the search for the wreckage say latest find probably does not come from flight that disappeared two years ago

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/m ... sing-plane

T_J

Post by T_J »

On Mar 21st 2016, about 13:30L, local resident Neels Kruger in South Africa found a piece of debris (photos see below), near Klein Brak River/Mossel Bay, about 20nm west of George and about 180nm east of Cape Town (South Africa), almost as far south as Africa's most southern point Cape Agulhas.

On Mar 22nd 2016 Malaysia's Ministry of Transport announced there is a possibility that the piece found near Klein Brak River/Mossel Bay might be part of the inlet cowl of an aircraft engine, the Ministry arranged for the pick up of the piece for further investigation. Further examination and analysis are needed however to determine, whether this part belonged to MH-370.

http://avherald.com/h?article=4710c69b/0508

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

I presume the only confirmed piece of debris found from MH370 is still just the flaperon? Although I know it's not a 100% confirmation, but as good as.

Looking at the Indian Ocean currents it's entirely possible that this could be from MH370 and obviously the aircraft was one of the earlier models which had the RR Trent engines. How many other missing aircraft are out there which would have a logo'd RR inlet cowl?