FIA 2016 Participants

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
boff180
UKAR Staff

FIA 2016 Participants

Post by boff180 »

Whilst the majortiy of the site plan still shows the 2014 configuration, an update on 15th January included the first layout of the DoD/Chinese (you read that right) static park. As such this is all very much TBC right now.

Trade Days Static - ALL TBC

F-35B
MV-22 x2 (1 parked ready for flying)
MH-60 - unk variant (parked live side of the fence)
F-15 - unk variant
F/A-18 - unk variant
F-16 - unk variant
C-130J
P-3 Orion - unk variant
C-5M Galaxy
Comac ARJ21 (parked ready for flying)

Tin hat on

Andy

MRTT

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Post by MRTT »

Lets hope they all come! Nice star for 2016!
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

The map is always a good one to watch... in 2014 except for showing an Su-35 for much of the time running up to the show, the map was updated with aircraft weeks, sometimes months, before they were formally announced!

Andy

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

Hi Andy, where could one find said map? I've been searching through the website, both trade and public sections but alas, no joy.

Cheers

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Hi Wes,

It's the Exhibition Site Map on the following page..... anything (including aircraft) drawn in light grey with grey text is the 2014 layout, dark grey line with bold black text is the areas/aircraft updated for 2016.

http://www.farnborough.com/trade/Conten ... -and-Plans

Ta

Andy

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

Cheers Andy :up:

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Thanks for that, interesting stuff there. Pretty standard USAFE turnout, was wondering about the F/A-18 as they are coming to the end of production? The C-5 will be great, long time sine one appeared here, or anywhere for a few years.

john001

Post by john001 »

farnboroughrob wrote:Thanks for that, interesting stuff there. Pretty standard USAFE turnout, was wondering about the F/A-18 as they are coming to the end of production? The C-5 will be great, long time sine one appeared here, or anywhere for a few years.

But what about the Super Hornet? Finns are looking at it to replace their current F18s

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

So, looks like a C-5 then? That could be good.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

farnboroughrob wrote:The C-5 will be great, long time sine one appeared here, or anywhere for a few years.

I think RIAT 2012 was the last time one was at a British show, iirc?

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Yep. Would be a welcome addition back, i missed out on seeing it in the air last time - must be even more preposterous than seeing it on the ground! The great cathedral of the air!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Adie1980

Post by Adie1980 »

Wissam24 wrote:Yep. Would be a welcome addition back, i missed out on seeing it in the air last time - must be even more preposterous than seeing it on the ground! The great cathedral of the air!

I was at RIAT arrivals on the Wednesday in 2012 when the C5 came in, it's a beast in the air!

patrouille2001

Post by patrouille2001 »

I would never take these site plans as a fact the aircraft will be there, 787 was on plan two years ago and yes it was on trade days, but left on the Friday Morning, half of what is on there will have departed by the weekend and replaced by say a British Airways A319

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

patrouille2001 wrote:I would never take these site plans as a fact the aircraft will be there, 787 was on plan two years ago and yes it was on trade days, but left on the Friday Morning, half of what is on there will have departed by the weekend and replaced by say a British Airways A319

Been like that for 20 years now. Trade day tickets will be available on the website soon with no trade restriction. Logical to visit on the Monday after RIAT. No crowds,on site parking, and get a place on the flight line as the first aircraft taxis out

john001

Post by john001 »

patrouille2001 wrote:I would never take these site plans as a fact the aircraft will be there, 787 was on plan two years ago and yes it was on trade days, but left on the Friday Morning, half of what is on there will have departed by the weekend and replaced by say a British Airways A319

I think it is a site plan aimed at those attending the trade days as exhibitors - not really for any public days.

wv383

Post by wv383 »

farnboroughrob wrote:

Been like that for 20 years now. Trade day tickets will be available on the website soon with no trade restriction. Logical to visit on the Monday after RIAT. No crowds,on site parking, and get a place on the flight line as the first aircraft taxis out

Agreed but 'on site parking'? Usually on Monday, the closest that I have been able to park is on the grass at Queens Parade and then courtesy bus or walk.
Simon

patrouille2001

Post by patrouille2001 »

wv383 wrote:
farnboroughrob wrote:

Is it that easy to get Trade Tickets for the Monday ?, I would love to go on the Monday after RIAT.

Agreed but 'on site parking'? Usually on Monday, the closest that I have been able to park is on the grass at Queens Parade and then courtesy bus or walk.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

wv383 wrote:
farnboroughrob wrote:

There is always on site parking on trade days but it's reserved for VIPs and guests of the chalets... "Jo Trade Visitor" has to use the external car parks

Harlequin67
UKAR Supporter

Post by Harlequin67 »

There is always on site parking on trade days but it's reserved for VIPs and guests of the chalets... "Jo Trade Visitor" has to use the external car parks.

Or a walk from my office. :whistle:

I am incredibly lucky to be working so close to the airfield.
Aviation photographer - Achievement unlocked

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Trade tickets should be on sale in the next month or so, just order them online from the trade site. Many don't,but just trurn up in trousers and shirt and you will very much blend in. Parking is onsite as long as you have a ticket. There is the large I gate car park off the A323 Fleet-Aldershot road at the western end next to that end of the runway. There in then a 2min shuttle bus ride to the entrance gate.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Aye, just turn up in smart clothing and you will blend in :-)

Also, just on a small personal gripe note, if people/sites are going to take this list and re-post it elsewhere, I'd appreciate it if UKAR was creditted please, just like we credit news from other sources. Thanks :whistle:

APG

Post by APG »

USMC have confirmed they will have another go at getting Dave across the Pond http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-lockheed-fighter-idUKKCN0V32E8

Offbreed

Post by Offbreed »

I hope the F35 will land at Farnborough so we can have a look around it, but I expect they will be based at Fairford and just fly in each day to display.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Offbreed wrote:I hope the F35 will land at Farnborough so we can have a look around it, but I expect they will be based at Fairford and just fly in each day to display.

Does the site map not include one? I'd expect a static given what they're (supposedly) sending to RIAT?
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

Offbreed

Post by Offbreed »

I remember last Farnborough there was some problem to do with heat and the runway surface, they were worried about the F35 landing in the hover.