NTM 2016- Zaragoza

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
st24

Re: NTM 2016- Zaragoza

Post by st24 »

PeterR wrote:
st24 wrote:Great list. Really hoping the open day drags in loads of home team though.. :snack:

One of everything in the fleet on static and in the flying display, as seen at Torrejón in 2014, would do nicely wouldn't it..? :heyhey:

Indeed! Bring on those Pillans, Bonanzas, King Airs, Canadairs, 707s etc etc!!!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

First new special tail has been revealed... :heyhey:

(C) Ejército del Aire

Niallxg

Post by Niallxg »

Count down has started. :yahoo:

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

Ever slightly pleased I chose the Tiger Meet and Florennes as my overseas trips this year without much knowledge of participation! :smile:

Not been to a Tiger Meet since Cambrai. Rather looking forward to this!

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

This was posted some time ago at scramble, haven't seen it mentioned here, so:
dverhees wrote:Greetz to all: NEW INFO FOR NTM16 SPOTTERSDAY AT ZARAGOSA.

ATTENTION, registration cutoff is 24 April. ALSO, we just found out that the base security force will require all spotters to bring and wear a florescent yellow vest in the spotters zone. They say: NO VEST, NO ACCESS. So, don't forget to bring one! :shock:

Lastly, David has produced a list of registrants on the NTA website. So go ahead and check your name if you want to.

Cheers, Don
Wondering about the reliability? It is coming straight from the Tiger Association.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

I've not been to a tiger meet for 5 years and am very much looking forward to Zaragoza in less than 4 weeks time.

I'm also hoping that we get a local (ish) venue to the UK soon after. I wonder where it will be in 2017? Can you see a pattern?:

1985 - Kleine Brogel
1993 - Kleine Brogel
2001 - Kleine Brogel
2009 - Kleine Brogel
2017 - ?

In addition it was there in 1970 and 1978, not quite fitting the pattern but another 8 year gap!!

I thought the 2009 event at Kleine Brogel was absolutely superb. Would love NTA to follow the pattern!

Thoughts?

Dr Cake

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

I always thought it was the "winner" of the exercise got the right to host the next years event? :dunno:

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

PeterR wrote:I always thought it was the "winner" of the exercise got the right to host the next years event? :dunno:

Hi Peter,

To be honest I've not got a clue how the hosts are selected. Mind you, I'm sure that I recall them announcing Portugal followed by Greece a few years ago much to my (and others) absolute astonishment. It soon got changed to Orland followed by Orland.

I hope we get one in the Netherlands, Belgium or northern France soon as I prefer to drive.

f-4

Post by f-4 »

PeterR wrote:I always thought it was the "winner" of the exercise got the right to host the next years event? :dunno:

That's the Eurovision Song Contest... :wink:

Niallxg

Post by Niallxg »

Found this on the web - http://aviationweek.com/blog/nato-tigers-head-turkey - if true it looks like we're off for a "La OTAN Tigre" next year.

The Spanish are due to retire their remaining 707 this summer it would be nice for it to appear at the Open day.

Niall

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

Niallxg wrote:Found this on the web - http://aviationweek.com/blog/nato-tigers-head-turkey - if true it looks like we're off for a "La OTAN Tigre" next year.

The Spanish are due to retire their remaining 707 this summer it would be nice for it to appear at the Open day.

Niall

Fantastic if true. I didn't get there in 08 so would definitely go next year.

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

I've got a friend who wouldn't mind taking their 12 year old to the event, is there an age limit for the Spotters Day?
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

MRTT wrote:I've got a friend who wouldn't mind taking their 12 year old to the event, is there an age limit for the Spotters Day?

There doesn't appear to be. Need a passport but will need one to enter Spain anyway. Cut-off is today so apply now and follow it up asap just to make sure they won't be refused at the gate.

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

Dr Cake wrote:
MRTT wrote:I've got a friend who wouldn't mind taking their 12 year old to the event, is there an age limit for the Spotters Day?

There doesn't appear to be. Need a passport but will need one to enter Spain anyway. Cut-off is today so apply now and follow it up asap just to make sure they won't be refused at the gate.

Thanks for the help, they'll be pleased! :smile:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

Dr Cake wrote:
Niallxg wrote:Found this on the web - http://aviationweek.com/blog/nato-tigers-head-turkey - if true it looks like we're off for a "La OTAN Tigre" next year.

Niall

Landivisieau would be awesome! :cool:

I have old family friends who live in nearby Morlaix, I could probably crash with them. Let's hope it goes ahead.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Wouldn't be surprised if there was an age limit
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

Wissam24 wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if there was an age limit

Cheers, will dig deeper. :smile:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

iaint
UKAR Staff

Post by iaint »

I'll admit i always thought it was a 16+ event, similar to the age limits normally found on photocall events (well uk ones - when we had them), but I could well be wrong and I have not managed to find anything written on the NATO tigers website or for the registration page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iainthomson84/

End of Message, End of Broadcast

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

iaint wrote:I'll admit i always thought it was a 16+ event, similar to the age limits normally found on photocall events (well uk ones - when we had them), but I could well be wrong and I have not managed to find anything written on the NATO tigers website or for the registration page

Thanks Ian, will notify my friend now! :smile:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

No. It is about which unit offers to host the meet. Or which unit is pressed to host one. I remember when it was at Volkel, 313 squadron was experiencing a lot of pressure to host the NTM because they hadn't participated for quite some time (operational commitments etc.), so the NTA was not so sure if they still were interested in their membership. So they put them to the test to "force" them to host a NTM.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

WG655
UKAR Staff

Post by WG655 »

To be honest, I'm ever so slightly bemused as to why a 12 year old would be planning to fly halfway across Europe, during term time, to attend a single day spotter's event in the first place... :-X

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

WG655 wrote:To be honest, I'm ever so slightly bemused as to why a 12 year old would be planning to fly halfway across Europe, during term time, to attend a single day spotter's event in the first place... :-X

Had me confused as well, not sure many schools in the UK would allow that! :confused:
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

I would make the suggestion to your friend that it's not something they should be taking their 12 year old child out of school to attend.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

MRTT

Post by MRTT »

Wissam24 wrote:I would make the suggestion to your friend that it's not something they should be taking their 12 year old child out of school to attend.

Cheers, good idea- not sure the teachers would be best pleased to find out they were in Spain watching aircraft!
2016 Shows
Duxford Spring
Weston
Cosford
Yeovilton
RIAT
Bournemouth
Jersey

st24

Post by st24 »

Skyflash wrote:
Dr Cake wrote:

Niall

Landivisieau would be awesome! :cool:

I have old family friends who live in nearby Morlaix, I could probably crash with them. Let's hope it goes ahead.

Landivisiau '08 was a superb Tiger Meet and one of the best French open days I've ever attended, a staggering amount of aeroplanes were crammed end to end on the base. Sun behind you, bags of photo ops well worth it, just a shame they're missing the SuE retirement - what a send off for the old girl their last Tiger Meet would have been... :confused: :sad:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!