UK Airshow Review 20th Anniversary Competition

Announcements from UK Airshow Review and our partners
UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

[center]Image

Ahhh, the 90s... The decade that brought you Dolly the sheep, the Macarena and Saved by the Bell has a lot to answer for. Remarkably, it was also the decade that gave birth to Paul Osborne's UK Airshow Review, and for that he must never be forgiven. Even more remarkable though is the fact that two decades on from Gareth Southgate's missed penalty, the Spice Girls first single and the release of Independence Day, we're still going strong!

In airshow terms, that time spans the golden age of the post-Cold War thaw that brought rarities like Tu-95 Bears and Tu-22M Backfires to these shores, long-gone airshow favourites like the Grasshoppers and Bf-109 'Black 6' and of course, the rise and fall of UKAR's favourite running joke, the German MiG-29...

Information

For us to celebrate two wonderful decades in our history, we sent out a call several weeks ago to our friends, sponsors, affiliates, and the all-round great bunch of people that make up the UK's vibrant and diverse airshow industry; and the response we've had has been staggering. This rather excellent (we think) celebration would not have been possible without their unwavering generosity and support.

Before being let loose like a child in a toy shop, please note some of the specific requirements and restrictions associated with some of these prizes, marked by an asterisk. Equally important before you submit an entry to the competition is that you read and understand the terms and conditions of this competition found at the bottom of this page. You need to be a registered UKAR forum member too.

Head on over to the competition page to see exactly what we've got lined up for you and how you can get your hands on it, but please take the time to read the page before you enter!

Image Image Image[/center]

Flare Path

Re: UK Airshow Review 20th Anniversary Competition

Post by Flare Path »

A quick opportunity to thank everyone for making UKAR what it is today - your commitment to the community has been excellent.

Cheers guys. Here's to another 20. :up:

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Excellent, some very good prizes there, were did those 20 years go!

luke

Post by luke »

Brilliant competition. Some of those prizes are fantastic!

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

This competition closed last Friday and we held the prize draw last weekend. Our winners have been notified, so please check your e-mails if you haven't already responded.

Our thanks to everyone that entered, and to so many companies and individuals for their terrific support in donating prizes. :clap:

The answers to the three aircraft ID questions were of course, C) C-47 Skytrain, B) F-4 Phantom and A) OV-10 Bronco. An alarming number of people got those wrong, particularly the second one, with many people putting it down as a Tornado. Rest assured your membership is under review if you made that mistake. :wink:

Thanks again to everyone for taking part, and congratulations to our winners (their names will go up on the competition page once we've heard back from them all).

The three ID photos in full:

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

Received my books today,great prize,thanks to all UKIP staff !
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place

Timc

Post by Timc »

UKIP!? Your mind might be on other things!?? :smile:

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

Timc wrote:UKIP!? Your mind might be on other things!?? :smile:

Whoops ! shouldn't try to multi task at my age :sad:
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place

helired3

Post by helired3 »

Tanks to the staff that organise this got my prize :clap:
Ian Harris https://www.flickr.com/photos/ian_harrisuk/

Nikon D750
Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm pf
Nikon 300mm pf

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

Many thanks guys. I got my DVD on saturday. Extremely chuffed :yahoo: :rock:
Life's a piece of S*** if you look at it!

Phil Standfield

Post by Phil Standfield »

Still waiting for my prize. Looking forwards to it though.
Phil

Phil Standfield

Still waiting for mine, still soon be Christmas and at least someone may give me some something aviation related to watch.

Phil Standfield

Yesterday i was contacted by UKAR (Andy) saying he was sorry for the non arrival of my prize from Planes TV. Not having a go at UKAR at all as Andy said they were the organisers of the Competition and planes TV had said they would give a prize and as organisers they can only contact the prize giver to see why the delay. After trying to contact them on a couple of occasions UKAR has not even heard back from Planes TV so Andy said perhaps i ought to contact them as winner of their prize so i emailed yesterday but still not had a reply to my email saying why the delay. People who know me will agree i am not technical at all but i have managed to set up my emails to deliver to my various devices Phone, Tablet, desk & laptop computers so it does not matter if i am at home,work or abroad on holiday i still have any emails delivered to my devices to look at there and then so you would expect a major company to check their contact emails a few times a day.
I never have any luck in competitions whether local village hall or world wide so to great surprise i was contacted by UKAR to say i had won said prize from Planes TV a very good package it looked too so when i started to see other prize winners from the competition posting they had received their prize i was hoping mine would so be turning up soon, So then imagine my disappointment that it now seems Planes TV tendered a prize that they now have no intention of fulfilling and that Standfield/sods law strikes again and i am the only winner to not get their prize.
This seems very odd that a so called major company agrees to give a competition prize only then when the prize is supposed to be given suddenly go very quiet and not reply to UKAR or myself, and it would seemingly withdraw the agreed package of DVD's (which looked very good) and not offer the prize winner a prize to the same value. It looks to me that they wanted the free world wide publicity that was given due to the prize offered for the competition on the web no doubt hoping to have their website visited by people world wide but then not to give the prize as offered. Not the behaviour i would expect from a trusted company who has their logo at the bottom of the forum page.
Again i have no problem with UKAR as they did not offer the prize package but feel very let down by Planes TV.
Sorry rant over
Andy PM sent.
Phil

Phil Standfield

Prize arrived today. Superb selection of DVDs Many Thanks