tickets for Scampton airshow

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
edhunter

tickets for Scampton airshow

Post by edhunter »

Does anyone know as and when the tickets are likely to be released and the Price structure?

CJS

Re: tickets for Scampton airshow

Post by CJS »

http://scamptonairshow.com/

I would imagine signing up to receive up to date news might be the best idea. You'll get it from the horse's mouth then.
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

CJS

Post by CJS »

Well there's an idea - contact a show through its official contacts? Whatever next...? :joystick:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

BossMann

Post by BossMann »

New website gone live!! Looks very similar to the RIAT one!

Tickets also on sale !!

£39 for saturday or sunday, plus enclosures and a park and view!

This suggests that aircraft will be base at RAF Scampton after all!!!

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

BossMann wrote:This suggests that aircraft will be base at RAF Scampton after all!!!

http://scamptonairshow.com/airshow/aircraft
Aircraft for both the static and flying displays will be announced once written confirmation is received from the operator or Air Arm. The first confirmations are likely to be received in the spring of 2017.
아직도 숨어있다

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

BossMann wrote:New website gone live!! Looks very similar to the RIAT one!

In more ways than one.....
http://scamptonairshow.com/airshow/visiting/attractions
RAF Village - visitors will have the opportunity to talk to serving personnel and experience first hand the equipment used by today's Royal Air Force.

Techno Zone - interactive and hands-on activities to engage youngsters with science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). Learning is fun!

Vintage Village - take a trip into the past and experience the 1940s in the Vintage Village which will be adjacent to the Heritage Hangar and the office of the famous Dambuster; Wing Commander Guy Gibson. With over 400 exhibits to view, the Heritage Hangar will be a unique window on the aviation heritage of the East of England.

Static Aircraft Display - this will feature a variety of jets, helicopters and other aircraft giving visitors the opportunity to get close to these on the ground and take photographs.

:lol:
아직도 숨어있다

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

£39 a ticket, getting on for double the price Waddington used to be. Thanks :up: :surrender:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

capercaillie wrote:£39 a ticket, getting on for double the price Waddington used to be. Thanks :up: :surrender:

And unless you upgrade, you park at Lincolnshire showground!

Standard Admission tickets include FREE parking at the Lincolnshire showground. A shuttle bus service will be in operation between here and RAF Scampton.

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

At those prices, anything less than a RIAT-esque lineup will be seen as poor.

The parking puts me off though. People want their cars close at hand after a long day. They don't want to have to queue for public transport, which is what they do for the daily commute.

Don't forget many will have driven several hours to get there in the first place.

Say 20,000 people want to leave at roughly the same time. That's a lot of buses.

And if it rains...

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

£59 per day if you go for the grandstand enclosure. Park and view a fiver per day. Flying display 11:00 - 16:00. Its steep for sure.
I'll give it a go and support the event in some form but deciding whether to splash out a tidy sum on tickets, then try to sort accommodation, or whether to just do a single day...? decisions decisions!

I'm a little surprised there isn't a friends package on offer when the event is mostly RIAT-lite in its format.

Leaving it until nearer the time.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

capercaillie wrote:£39 a ticket, getting on for double the price Waddington used to be. Thanks :up: :surrender:

2014 was £24 in advance. Will sit back and watch this with interest!

iaint
UKAR Staff

Post by iaint »

Was there not an admission, when first announced, that this was not going to be on the same scale as RIAT. It was not going to be an event on the same scale as Waddington. It will be a smaller, family event.

If that rings true, then how the hell can prices in line with RIAT be justified!? :mad:
If the show takes off fully in years to come then yes up the prices, but until it reaches that size/stature, prices should be much more in line with what Waddington was.

An £80 family day out with remote parking and public transport in and out won't go down too well with many families, I believe... My family don't like the sound of that situation and even as an enthusiast it doesn't sit well with me on my own!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iainthomson84/

End of Message, End of Broadcast

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Cynics / conspiracy-theorists out there would speculate that the car-park scheme is a trial run prior to introducing it at RIAT
:ninja: Image :ninja:

:lol:
아직도 숨어있다

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

At those prices, you're pitching to the RIAT/Legends end of the market. Those two shows get away with it because they are the best of their type. RIAT remains the best modern military event, and Legends leads the way for warbird gatherings. What's Scampton going to be the best at to justify similar pricing? Best at inadequate parking?

XP282

Post by XP282 »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:

if you want to go then don't leave it too late. I have been to one of the meetings about the show, and for the first year, they are seriously limiting the numbers of tickets sold. They want the event to grow, rather than go all out and generate a load of problems.

If anyone wants to go, then buy your tickets early - I'm not saying that to drum up business of the show... I'm saying it because I think there will be a lot of disappointed people when they try and buy tickets for the 2017 show.

st24

Post by st24 »

At those prices I presume it's being held at night??.... :ninja: :tongue:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

XP282 wrote:
Wrexham Mackem wrote:

if you want to go then don't leave it too late. I have been to one of the meetings about the show, and for the first year, they are seriously limiting the numbers of tickets sold. They want the event to grow, rather than go all out and generate a load of problems.

If anyone wants to go, then buy your tickets early - I'm not saying that to drum up business of the show... I'm saying it because I think there will be a lot of disappointed people when they try and buy tickets for the 2017 show.

Interesting, and that is one explanation for the ticket price as they try to cover costs with a modest crowd.

I would like to be there. And I certainly don't fancy a shuttle bus experience. Decisions decisions...

At those prices I presume it's being held at night??.... :ninja: :tongue:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

presenting a Red Arrows sunset show.!

(which joking aside happened the last time I did a show at Scampton in late season 89)

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Disgusted at the prices, KB and Sanicole on the same weekend, we all know where the good stuff will go and i doubt very much it will be Scampton! :mad:

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

XP282 wrote:
Wrexham Mackem wrote:

XP282 - Perhaps you can clarify a rumour that was posted on FB, no more than 25 aircraft on static, nothing bigger than a C-130!

XP282

Post by XP282 »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:I would like to be there. And I certainly don't fancy a shuttle bus experience. Decisions decisions...

You'll be able to walk from the show ground.... IT no further than some of the car parking at RIAT

Chris G wrote:XP282 - Perhaps you can clarify a rumour that was posted on FB, no more than 25 aircraft on static, nothing bigger than a C-130!

Chris... I'm not privy to that information. I was at a meeting organised for residence at the camp, however at the time there was no talk of restricting aircraft numbers. There was talk about options for positioning aircraft, but no types, numbers, or sizes! I'm hoping to arrange for a USN squadron to attend, but its VERY early days!

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Perhaps you can clarify a rumour that was posted on FB, no more than 25 aircraft on static, nothing bigger than a C-130!

Could you name another UK Airshow which has move than 25 visiting aircraft on static display apart from RIAT? I'd see that as a very respectable number IF it was the case.

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

PeterR wrote:
Perhaps you can clarify a rumour that was posted on FB, no more than 25 aircraft on static, nothing bigger than a C-130!

Could you name another UK Airshow which has move than 25 visiting aircraft on static display apart from RIAT? I'd see that as a very respectable number IF it was the case.

Lets just say for £40 a head i expect more than 25 aircraft, oh and i don't expect most of them to come from RAF Waddingtons flying club. ;-)

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Chris G wrote:
PeterR wrote:

Lets just say for £40 a head i expect more than 25 aircraft, oh and i don't expect most of them to come from RAF Waddingtons flying club. ;-)

Indeed. You start charging RIAT prices, and people have a right to demand a RIAT airshow.