Heathrow T2 Early 1990s

Photos older than five years old (preferably much older)
BEX

Heathrow T2 Early 1990s

Post by BEX »

Had a loft turn out and found a few pictures from my past. Like many, I spent the odd Sunday afternoon on top of Queens Building at Heathrow. Here are a few of the ahem.. "better" pics.

Hope they are of interest.

ImageEGLL by gosport_flyer, on Flickr

ImageEGLL 7 by gosport_flyer, on Flickr

ImageEGLL 8 by gosport_flyer, on Flickr

ImageEGLL 2 by gosport_flyer, on Flickr

ImageEGLL 3 by gosport_flyer, on Flickr

ImageEGLL 5 by gosport_flyer, on Flickr

ImageEGLL 4 by gosport_flyer, on Flickr

ImageEGLL 6 by gosport_flyer, on Flickr
Last edited by BEX on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farnboroughrob

Re: Heathrow T2 late 1980s

Post by farnboroughrob »

Nice shots but they are sometime between 1992 and 1994, dated by the Aeroflot A310. Of course by this time we had lost the Queens Building roof and were restricted to the T2 roof. I well remember the last day of the full opening, was 1986, some time during the Easter Holidays IIRC? Remember asking what the new building was and was told by the operators that it was the new entrance opening up tomorrow. We then lost half the great viewing area then and lost it all over 10 years ago. :sad:

BEX

Re: Heathrow T2 Early 1990s

Post by BEX »

Thanks for the update. No dates on the album, so had to guess. Old brain isn't what it used to be :sad:

AlexC

Re: Heathrow T2 Early 1990s

Post by AlexC »

Not a good idea to store photos in the loft, but having said that these seem to have survived very well!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP