RAF Cosford Air Show 2017 - [Main Topic]

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
st24

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2017 - [Main Topic]

Post by st24 »

MrBean wrote:
n0143773 wrote:
MrBean wrote:Like I asked a few days ago; is it operating from Cosford or nah?

Also good to see that the phantom addition has finally been confirmed. Or has it?

I like you.

Very kind of you to say.

Get a room you two, lock the door and stop polluting this thread... :pinkwafer: :kiss: :butt:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

-
Last edited by Spotty_Jag on Sat 21 Dec 2019, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Outstanding, Pete and team. :win:

Glad to see the hard work that's taken some years to grow has come to fruition. Long may it continue!

MrBean

Post by MrBean »

Whats the catering like at Cosford? Fancy cooking myself some eggs and bacon, just havent got the oil.

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

MrBean wrote:Whats the catering like at Cosford? Fancy cooking myself some eggs and bacon, just havent got the oil.

Is this another one of your wild goose chases ? :lol: :question:

MrBean

Post by MrBean »

Lucasjmet15 wrote:
MrBean wrote:Whats the catering like at Cosford? Fancy cooking myself some eggs and bacon, just havent got the oil.

Is this another one of your wild goose chases ? :lol: :question:

I'd hardly say a wild goose chase :wink:

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

Yes it is...

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

Or are you expecting an oil response?

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

borismorris wrote:Or are you expecting an oil response?

B727 display would be another great addition ! :heyhey:

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PeterReoch/status/862007975371735040[/tweet]

Interestingly enough, Peter spoke with me at the press-launch, and mentioned that the small FlyFano team that attended the show in 2015 started a relationship between those members (who are now quite senior in the Italian Air Force) and the show.

http://www.airshows.co.uk/features/2017 ... ss-launch/

What might seem like a boring civvi team on static could have greater longer-term significance under the surface.Take, for instance, the Cypriots sending a ground delegation this year with a view to aircraft participation next year.

These relationships obviously take some time to build, and it's great to see the Airshow working towards that. :up:

Cole

Post by Cole »

Nice update :biggrin:
Canon 800D & Sigma 150-600 C
Dudley, West Midlands

Shows I'm Attending in 2020:

Well Um..

fastjet001

Post by fastjet001 »

Just reading through the posts on this forum. I just want to say how proud I am of the RAF for their fantastic contribution to the forthcoming show. Seeing the skill and professionalism of the Red Arrows in flight is worth the ticket price alone in my opinion, yet alone the BBMF and Typhoon. I will always be loyal to the Cosford Airshow – it is a brilliant family day. People should be proud of the contribution the RAF is making – they are stretched operationally more than any other point in their history are they not? And for that reason I think the contribution the British Armed Service is making is significant and something we should all be grateful of. Of course we all like fast jets with reheat – and the Typhoon and Tornado should satisfy this (if not – go to RIAT). My message to the organisation team is well done and keep up the good work – it is much appreciated. (I am hoping for Osprey and Mirage 2000).

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

fastjet001 wrote:I just want to say how proud I am of the RAF for their fantastic contribution to the forthcoming show.

:tumbleweed: You're not serious are you?.. :tumbleweed:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

Pringles wrote:
fastjet001 wrote:I just want to say how proud I am of the RAF for their fantastic contribution to the forthcoming show.

Here we go again, knew it wouldn't be long ! :wall: :wall:

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Pringles wrote:

I see no reason why not. Cosford has every display team the RAF has, as well as five other units' aircraft on static display; not including 1 SoTT's assets. Hard to think of anywhere else that the RAF is supporting in a bigger way, whilst remembering the restrictions in terms of static aircraft that Cosford works to.

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

Also any news on the skyraider and Lancaster participation as they are both still being worked on as far as I'm aware ?

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

Hampshire Aviation wrote:Cosford has every display team the RAF has, as well as five other units' aircraft on static display; not including 1 SoTT's assets.

And there is still more to announce... :heyhey:

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

PeterR wrote:
Hampshire Aviation wrote:Cosford has every display team the RAF has, as well as five other units' aircraft on static display; not including 1 SoTT's assets.

Ooh just waiting for mr bean to announce what it is :lol: :lol:

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Hampshire Aviation wrote:
Pringles wrote:

I see no reason why not. Cosford has every display team the RAF has, as well as five other units' aircraft on static display; not including 1 SoTT's assets. Hard to think of anywhere else that the RAF is supporting in a bigger way, whilst remembering the restrictions in terms of static aircraft that Cosford works to.

Cosford is the RAF's only official airshow, and as such you would think you would be able to draw similarities with the European 'Air Force Days'. Compare the RAF's contribution with the Dutch support for their only official air show last year, with an example of almost every type in their inventory, a mass airfield attack by 7 F16s and 2 F35s, several role demos and numerous special flypasts. A large proportion of the RNLAF's fleet was flying or static (granted the situation for static is different for Cosford) Really I'd argue that in comparison with smaller air forces, the RAF doesn't hold up as well

Take for example, the OP's original statement:
People should be proud of the contribution the RAF is making – they are stretched operationally more than any other point in their history are they not?

And compare with, say, the number of fast jets flying compared with the number available (the Dutch fleet is much smaller and arguably stretched further than the RAF) 7/61 F16s at Leeuwarden is 11.4%, whereas the RAF has something like 126 Typhoons, one of which will be displaying (0.79%) I could do more maths but I've got better things to be doing :cuppa:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

Lucasjmet15 wrote:
PeterR wrote:

:lol:

Bean - The man with a finger on the Pulse :heyhey:

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

PeterR wrote:

Please can we have a hint or two Peter ?
Pretty please ! :worship: :wave: :smile:

CJS

Post by CJS »

I wonder if 'the few', surviving Bomber Command veterans - in fact any surviving RAF veterans from World War 2 - might disagree with the claim that the RAF is currently more stretched operationally "than at any other time in their history"?

A quite bizarre statement.
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

AngryAndyPandy

Post by AngryAndyPandy »

Pringles wrote:
Hampshire Aviation wrote:
Pringles wrote:

Cosford is the RAF's only official airshow, and as such you would think you would be able to draw similarities with the European 'Air Force Days'. Compare the RAF's contribution with the Dutch support for their only official air show last year, with an example of almost every type in their inventory, a mass airfield attack by 7 F16s and 2 F35s, several role demos and numerous special flypasts. A large proportion of the RNLAF's fleet was flying or static (granted the situation for static is different for Cosford) Really I'd argue that in comparison with smaller air forces, the RAF doesn't hold up as well

Take for example, the OP's original statement:
People should be proud of the contribution the RAF is making – they are stretched operationally more than any other point in their history are they not?

And compare with, say, the number of fast jets flying compared with the number available (the Dutch fleet is much smaller and arguably stretched further than the RAF) 7/61 F16s at Leeuwarden is 11.4%, whereas the RAF has something like 126 Typhoons, one of which will be displaying (0.79%) I could do more maths but I've got better things to be doing :cuppa:

Can you please argue how the Dutch fleet is stretched more then the RAF please? Before you answer, have a hard think about the answer.

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

borismorris wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:
PeterR wrote:

That's awful . . . I'd do a runner if I were you
Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries

Adamwilliams132

Post by Adamwilliams132 »

Ian G wrote:
borismorris wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:
PeterR wrote:

That's awful . . . I'd do a runner if I were you

He's being at bit broad with his clues