Flying with Mirages - MORE ADDED

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
Bartek

Re: Flying with Mirages - MORE ADDED

Post by Bartek »

pb643 wrote:Bartek, amazing images, some of the best I have seen. :worship: :worship:

There has obviously been a great deal of planning gone into the shoot. Are you able to give a little bit of background? What was the camera ship and what equipment did you use? I am intrigued.

Phil

Hello,
first of all thank you :)
Photoship was C-27J from Lithuanian Air Force. I was asked to prepare briefing and do the comms for French TV purposes. We had two days reserved, on a first day it looked very bad, 24 hours later we saw perfect low sun with scattered clouds. French and Lithuanian pilots did their job just perfect, we got some snow during low passes but still everything went ok.

pb643

Post by pb643 »

Bartek wrote:
pb643 wrote:Bartek, amazing images, some of the best I have seen. :worship: :worship:

There has obviously been a great deal of planning gone into the shoot. Are you able to give a little bit of background? What was the camera ship and what equipment did you use? I am intrigued.

Phil

Hello,
first of all thank you :)
Photoship was C-27J from Lithuanian Air Force. I was asked to prepare briefing and do the comms for French TV purposes. We had two days reserved, on a first day it looked very bad, 24 hours later we saw perfect low sun with scattered clouds. French and Lithuanian pilots did their job just perfect, we got some snow during low passes but still everything went ok.

Thanks Bartek.

What sort of focal length were you using? The depth of field suggests quite short.

Bartek

Post by Bartek »

24-105 and 100-400.

tuska2

Post by tuska2 »

Obviously top World class images, way way above my league for taking, but I'd gladly buy a book of your Pictures!

lozza

Post by lozza »

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Just awesome

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Magnificent! :)