RAF Cosford Air Show 2017 - [Main Topic]

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
Lucasjmet15

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2017 - [Main Topic]

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

JonG96 wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:The website says the the Irish air corps are providing an aircraft for this years show !! :win: :win:

Possibly a Pilatus PC-9M similar to last year :smile:

Brill, would love it if it had a gun pod on as well ! :smile: :drool:

alpha586

Post by alpha586 »

Lucasjmet15 wrote:
JonG96 wrote:France still in discussion...

This is a long shot but have Couteau Delta announced the additional airshow that they said they hadn't had full confirmation for on twitter just over a week ago?

I can't see anything about the additional airshow yet on their twitter or facebook so I'm guessing they haven't but someone here, e.g a Mr Bean character might have inside information :lol:

I think we need a search party for Mr bean, hes been silent for weeks ! :question: :lol:

Perhaps he's done a runner!! He was looking a bit green! :tongue:
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

alpha586 wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:

This is a long shot but have Couteau Delta announced the additional airshow that they said they hadn't had full confirmation for on twitter just over a week ago?

I can't see anything about the additional airshow yet on their twitter or facebook so I'm guessing they haven't but someone here, e.g a Mr Bean character might have inside information :lol:

I think we need a search party for Mr bean, hes been silent for weeks ! :question: :lol:

Dug himself back Into the Cosford molehole :grin: :grin:

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

alpha586 wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:

Here we go again :heyhey:

He's bean silenced - we need another sauce. :lol:

Timc

Post by Timc »

That's what you call a "Has Bean" or maybe he's bean toasted, who knows!? :whistle:

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

Timc wrote:That's what you call a "Has Bean" or maybe he's bean toasted, who knows!? :whistle:

He's been out in the sun, he's baked :grin:

Timc

Post by Timc »

Lucasjmet15 wrote:
Timc wrote:That's what you call a "Has Bean" or maybe he's bean toasted, who knows!? :whistle:

His accuracy was somewhat uncanny? I'd relent at using the phrase "half baked"! :smile:

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

-
Last edited by Spotty_Jag on Sat 21 Dec 2019, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

Spotty_Jag wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:Quick question: will there be a map of the show posted between now and Sunday the 11th ?

Looks like it was added to the website today. And "Radio Cosford" is on the frontpage too. :win:

Brilliant ! :cool:

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Spotty_Jag wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:Quick question: will there be a map of the show posted between now and Sunday the 11th ?

Looks like it was added to the website today. And "Radio Cosford" is on the frontpage too. :win:

Hah, that's when you know Cosford's round the corner - Radio Cosford starts up! :rock:

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

Tommy wrote:
Spotty_Jag wrote:

Hah, that's when you know Cosford's round the corner - Radio Cosford starts up! :rock:

Sat out in the sun, blasting radio Cosford ! :smile: :biggrin: :rock:

JonG96

Post by JonG96 »

Tommy wrote:
Spotty_Jag wrote:

I remember the days of Sean Maffett being the commentator! Heard he was awful in 2015 though :sad:

JonG96

Post by JonG96 »

Lucasjmet15 wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Spotty_Jag wrote:

Sat out in the sun, blasting radio Cosford ! :smile: :biggrin: :rock:

I do recall the music during intervals being dire :lol: :lol:

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

JonG96 wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Spotty_Jag wrote:

I remember the days of Sean Maffett being the commentator! Heard he was awful in 2015 though :sad:

I don't know if I imagined if or if I read it on hear or heard it somewhere but I think the view the commentators get from the control tower is restricted as Maffett in 2015 and the guy last year didn't seem to know what was arriving or from what direction at times.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Luke28 wrote:I don't know if I imagined if or if I read it on hear or heard it somewhere but I think the view the commentators get from the control tower is restricted as Maffett in 2015 and the guy last year didn't seem to know what was arriving or from what direction at times.

Take a look at the map, you can see how far back the ATC tower is, it impacted on the (already dire) performance of last year's commentary team too. "And as the aircraft departs to the East, up next will be the Chinook, oh hold on the MiG is coming back for another pass. Think this is his last - oh wait looks like he's coming back for another one" :facepalm:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

JonG96

Post by JonG96 »

Pringles wrote:
Luke28 wrote:I don't know if I imagined if or if I read it on hear or heard it somewhere but I think the view the commentators get from the control tower is restricted as Maffett in 2015 and the guy last year didn't seem to know what was arriving or from what direction at times.

Take a look at the map, you can see how far back the ATC tower is, it impacted on the (already dire) performance of last year's commentary team too. "And as the aircraft departs to the East, up next will be the Chinook, oh hold on the MiG is coming back for another pass. Think this is his last - oh wait looks like he's coming back for another one" :facepalm:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MrBean

Post by MrBean »

Timc wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:

His accuracy was somewhat uncanny? I'd relent at using the phrase "half baked"! :smile:

Not really a fan of baked.

JonG96

Post by JonG96 »

BREAKING: BBC NEWS WEATHER

With a little over a week to go,

It is 100% confirmed!!!! Sunny Intervals!

/s
:heyhey: :heyhey:

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

Which will change a dozen times between now and then.

JonG96

Post by JonG96 »

Andyperkins wrote:Which will change a dozen times between now and then.

I know, hence the sarcasm.
Let's just hope it changes in a positive way, although I'd definitely take sunny intervals. :cool:
Last edited by JonG96 on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

MrBean wrote:
Timc wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:

Not really a fan of baked.

He's alive !!!!!!!! :win: :worship: :lol: :lol:

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Ireland confirmed, according to the website - a return of their CASA CN-235 would be most welcome. :biggrin:

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

Flare Path wrote:Ireland confirmed, according to the website - a return of their CASA CN-235 would be most welcome. :biggrin:

Definitely ! :rock:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Lucasjmet15 wrote:
Flare Path wrote:Ireland confirmed, according to the website - a return of their CASA CN-235 would be most welcome. :biggrin:

Cessna 172 would be far better. :biggrin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

capercaillie wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:

Cessna 172 would be far better. :biggrin:

Im not too fussed what it is tbh, I'm happy with anything ! :smile: