RAF Cosford Air Show 2017 - [Main Topic]

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
Adamwilliams132

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2017 - [Main Topic]

Post by Adamwilliams132 »

Statement from the RAF Cosford Air Show:

Due to recent changes in display flying regulations, the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows, and the Royal Air Force Typhoon Display will both be performing their flying displays on an alternative display axis at the RAF Cosford Air Show on Sunday 11th June.

The Royal Air Force has concluded that the nature of the display sequences of both assets combined with restrictions on their Public Display Authorisations, requires their respective displays to be shifted to a new axis. The change in display axis for these two display items will enable them to both perform their full displays to the west of the airfield.

This alternative display axis requires a small section of the A464 to be closed to traffic between the hours of 1.45-2.45pm on Sunday 11th June. A diversion will be signposted.

The RAF Cosford Air Show is an exciting and educational family day out, with a vast assortment of world-class flying displays combined with award winning ground attractions.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

[fb-post]https://www.facebook.com/rafcosfordairshowofficial/posts/1578137688865708[/fb-post]
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

Shyft87

Post by Shyft87 »

:snack:

oh this is going to be good....

go for it guys, this'll keep me occupied at work for the next hour and half

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

The farce continues. :hide:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

capercaillie wrote:The farce continues. :hide:

Yep, the RAF can't display properly at its ONLY airshow, with changes that apparently weren't required last year? :facepalm:

EDIT: Are these changes not also required for the Swiss PC-7 team, Italian Tornado or any of the other numerous displays that presumably overfly Albrighton (which I assume is the issue here)?
Last edited by Pringles on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

speedshrew

Post by speedshrew »

As a newbie to this airshow, I don't really understand what this announcement means?
Are they displaying in a different area?

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

So people in the naughty fields will get more of the display than the paying customer at the airshow?

That is not a hit out at the Cosford team, I realise this is out of their hands.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

:lmao:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

Quick someone get the popcorn, this is going to be interesting :grin: :grin:

Milguy22

Post by Milguy22 »

Could someone enlighten me as to what the restrictions on the PDA's for the respective teams are?

JonG96

Post by JonG96 »

Looks like my binoculars will be extra handy then!

Adamwilliams132

Post by Adamwilliams132 »

Pringles wrote:
capercaillie wrote:The farce continues. :hide:

Yep, the RAF can't display properly at its ONLY airshow, with changes that apparently weren't required last year? :facepalm:

EDIT: Are these changes not also required for the Swiss PC-7 team, Italian Tornado or any of the other numerous displays that presumably overfly Albrighton (which I assume is the issue here)?

Spot on I understand the changes are required to be made but why just for some items ?

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Oh this is brilliant. :lmao:
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

JonG96

Post by JonG96 »

Adamwilliams132 wrote:Statement from the RAF Cosford Air Show:

Due to recent changes in display flying regulations, the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows, and the Royal Air Force Typhoon Display will both be performing their flying displays on an alternative display axis at the RAF Cosford Air Show on Sunday 11th June.

The Royal Air Force has concluded that the nature of the display sequences of both assets combined with restrictions on their Public Display Authorisations, requires their respective displays to be shifted to a new axis. The change in display axis for these two display items will enable them to both perform their full displays to the west of the airfield.

This alternative display axis requires a small section of the A464 to be closed to traffic between the hours of 1.45-2.45pm on Sunday 11th June. A diversion will be signposted.

The RAF Cosford Air Show is an exciting and educational family day out, with a vast assortment of world-class flying displays combined with award winning ground attractions.

The Typhoon will probably look like an Ant in the sky on my mobile phone, I'd like to know the exact area they will be displaying now and how far the displays will be?

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Milguy22 wrote:Could someone enlighten me as to what the restrictions on the PDA's for the respective teams are?

Indeed. What does this mean?

st24

Post by st24 »

This is beyond pathetic...... :facepalm:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

So to clarify: at the RAF's only show, the RAF have made the decision that their only fast jet display and premier display team should be potentially massively nuetered, while one of the numerous Italian fast jet displays flies normally, as does one of the national display teams of Switzerland?

You couldn't make it up :facepalm:

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

And so the farce and knee jerk reactions continue......

I will be manning stall 7b on the showground, "Garf's wonder-vision plc", selling the very best in telescopes, binoculars and for the more discerning enthusiast, infra-red goggles to view those higher displays through cloud. Although I may have more luck selling in Shifnal, seeing as you'd probably get a better view of the display there.

I mean, really?! What is everything coming to? What is the actual point? May as well move the whole show to Shawbury if that's how the future of Cosford is panning out. Utterly ridiculous.
Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries

Post by 106500 »

Spineless - its as though these people are so petrified with fear that there might be an incident that they become risk averse to the nth degree; they're like rabbits in a headlight. Its inevitable that it will get worse - Sadly I can see the end of the military airshow on the horizon.

st24

Post by st24 »

And a road closure too?! Talk about way to piss off the locals even more.. Unbelievable, incredulous. As hinted at, RIP Cosford, we've had a good innings.. :roll:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

Sorry, put the wrong gif in my previous post....I of course should have posted this:

Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

-
Last edited by Flare Path on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Bugger, I'm going to have to find a new naughty field a bit further away from Albrighton :biggrin:
Last edited by zigzag on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT

John_E

Post by John_E »

Well, this speaks volumes about the RAF's faith in the safety of their own display acts. Probably. :lmao:

J.C Photography

Post by J.C Photography »

JonG96 wrote:
Adamwilliams132 wrote:Statement from the RAF Cosford Air Show:

The Typhoon will probably look like an Ant in the sky on my mobile phone, I'd like to know the exact area they will be displaying now and how far the displays will be?

This will probably be the same with a 600mm lens!