RAF Cosford Air Show 2017 - [Main Topic]

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
Lucasjmet15

Re: RAF Cosford Air Show 2017 - [Main Topic]

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

JonG96 wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:
JonG96 wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:Anybody wanting to see what the tornado display and the chinook is going to be like tomorrow then check RAF Cosford's Facebook page as they've live streamed both of them :whistle:

Have they? Can't see it :question:

It's on the actually Cosford base's page not the airshow's !

Is that music going to be blasting that loud during the display?? :grin: :lol:

Hopefully not but those afterburners could easily drown it out ! :lol: :drool:

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

The displays did seem more distant than usual today and I was by crash gate 3.Those with decent lenses will be ok but I don't think J public will like it.Hopefully some will bring binoculars.The Tornado was good but I thought the Swiss put on a great display.

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

Still no sign of the 146, griffin and Jupiter. Let's hope they're not no shows ! :sad:

B_Tank88

Post by B_Tank88 »

Ok guys what's the best time to get there for to avoid traffic.

My journey will take 1h10 to get there with no traffic. I'm thinking of leaving at 7.

JonG96

Post by JonG96 »

TYPHOON3 wrote:The displays did seem more distant than usual today and I was by crash gate 3.Those with decent lenses will be ok but I don't think J public will like it.Hopefully some will bring binoculars.The Tornado was good but I thought the Swiss put on a great display.

How far was the Tornado? On the stream it didn't seem far away but obviously different in person?

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

B_Tank88 wrote:Ok guys what's the best time to get there for to avoid traffic.

My journey will take 1h10 to get there with no traffic. I'm thinking of leaving at 7.

I was wondering the same thing but it's a 2hour 15 drive for me. Was thinking about leaving at 6 is that too late ??

JonG96

Post by JonG96 »

Lucasjmet15 wrote:

I was wondering the same thing but it's a 2hour 15 drive for me. Was thinking about leaving at 6 is that too late ??

We're leaving at 9am :confused:

Hopefully they're judging this right and traffic isn't horrendous and miss the start of the show. :facepalm:

Ryan.

Post by Ryan. »

Having never been to Cosford, can anyone advise on the best place to stand?

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

JonG96 wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:

Hopefully they're judging this right and traffic isn't horrendous and miss the start of the show. :facepalm:

I still have flashbacks to 2013 of hitting the queue at 8:30 and 5 hours later still waiting to get in :sad: from that day forth I swore to never arrive later than 8am.
Last edited by Andyperkins on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

So no more aircraft due in today's which means that either the 146, griffin and Jupiter are flying in tomorrow which is highly unlikely or they're not coming. Sadly I think it's the the first second one ! :sad: :down: :dunno:

kianelle

Post by kianelle »

Anyone know what time display starts ..thanks

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

kianelle wrote:Anyone know what time display starts ..thanks

About 11:30 I think !

JonG96

Post by JonG96 »

Andyperkins wrote:
JonG96 wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:

I still have flashbacks to 2013 of hitting the queue at 8:30 and 5 hours later still waiting to get in :sad: from that day forth I swore to never arrive later than 8am.

Blimey, let's hope that isn't the case tomorrow. :facepalm:

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

Ryan. wrote:Having never been to Cosford, can anyone advise on the best place to stand?

As far West as possible mate
:whistle:

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Lucasjmet15 wrote:
kianelle wrote:Anyone know what time display starts ..thanks

About 11:30 I think !

Peter announced recently that the Falcons would be dropping to open the show at 11:20
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

JonG96 wrote:
Andyperkins wrote:
JonG96 wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:

Blimey, let's hope that isn't the case tomorrow. :facepalm:

It was after that year they moved to tickets in advance only so hope for your sake things are ok but the later you leave it the more likely you will still be queuing when the show starts.

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

So the blades, anson, Huey/loach, wing walkers, AW189 will fly in tomorrow morning I hope ! :dunno: :sweat: :sweat:

yannyfoxx

Post by yannyfoxx »

Apologies if this has already been answered earlier but I was wondering what airshow assets were going to be coming and going from Shawbury during the airshow tomorrow afternoon. Cheers!

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

yannyfoxx wrote:Apologies if this has already been answered earlier but I was wondering what airshow assets were going to be coming and going from Shawbury during the airshow tomorrow afternoon. Cheers!

Italian Tonka for definite. Maybe reds and maybe typhoon

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

Lucasjmet15 wrote:
yannyfoxx wrote:Apologies if this has already been answered earlier but I was wondering what airshow assets were going to be coming and going from Shawbury during the airshow tomorrow afternoon. Cheers!

Italian Tonka for definite. Maybe reds and maybe typhoon

The Typhoon is operating out of Coningsby,not sure if he is landing at Shawbury after his display for refuel though.He did mention on his Twitter page he would try and get back to Cosford after his display.

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

JonG96 wrote:
TYPHOON3 wrote:The displays did seem more distant than usual today and I was by crash gate 3.Those with decent lenses will be ok but I don't think J public will like it.Hopefully some will bring binoculars.The Tornado was good but I thought the Swiss put on a great display.

How far was the Tornado? On the stream it didn't seem far away but obviously different in person?

Some of it was over the top of the Cricket club and David Austin Roses and other naughty fields so no wonder they have been stopped opening with the displays pushed further back.The Swiss did a lot of manouvers over the said fields also.

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

Lucasjmet15 wrote:So the blades, anson, Huey/loach, wing walkers, AW189 will fly in tomorrow morning I hope ! :dunno: :sweat: :sweat:

Huey and Loach unable to take off today due to poor visibility on route
Lakes Lightning Collection

Lucasjmet15

Post by Lucasjmet15 »

chrisward123 wrote:
Lucasjmet15 wrote:So the blades, anson, Huey/loach, wing walkers, AW189 will fly in tomorrow morning I hope ! :dunno: :sweat: :sweat:

I saw that, just worried that there are going to be cancellations tomorrow! :sad:

Bronco

Post by Bronco »

The Huey and Loach are currently in Sleap, will arrive in the morning.

Last year the Anson arrived from Old Warden, displayed and departed. She didn't land.

The Blades and Wingwalkers traditionally arrive on the morning of the show

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

Lucasjmet15 wrote:
chrisward123 wrote:

I saw that, just worried that there are going to be cancellations tomorrow! :sad:

Also the Reds are stuck abroad in Finland due to poor weather, think the Typhoon is with them also.
So could be intresting for Sunday. Be a flight from Finland too Shawbury then display at Welshpool then Cosford in the afternoon, a long and busy day for the Reds and Typhoon display teams.
Weather looks pants for Sunday also.