Biggin Hill 2017 Arrivals day..

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
GeorgeP

Re: Biggin Hill 2017 Arrivals day..

Post by GeorgeP »

Thanks for organising this, Kev. I am in London on Thu and Fri for a return flight to Australia (unfortunately on Saturday :mad: ) but I can make the Friday arrivals day. Bought my ticket today whilst in Portugal. :yahoo:
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30699732@N05/albums

frank

Post by frank »

POD wrote:
aceyone wrote:
POD wrote:
PeterR wrote:Thanks for the answers Kev, looking forward to the day! Just keeping my fingers crossed the bulk of the exciting arrivals happen before 2pm when the main runway will become backlit. :sweat:

Yes, I know, but we cant do anything about that.... :dunno:

There will be a movements list issued when you arrive........I think the main thing about Friday is to keep things in perspective....It's not a RIAT arrivals day, with lots of different stuff coming in, but there will be lots of airport traffic in addition to the show arrivals and its a chance to view and photograph stuff easily, not stood on a main road or peering through a fence.... :cuppa: The Reds for example are in and out twice, the Typhoon and Belgian F16 are in and out to Eastbourne and the Classic Spitfire has 9 flights booked too....so plenty happening....

Worth £15 of anyone's money and certainly better than standing in the field down the 21 end !

I agree :clap:

Yup me too :clap: :clap: :clap:

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

POD wrote:
PeterR wrote:Thanks for the answers Kev, looking forward to the day! Just keeping my fingers crossed the bulk of the exciting arrivals happen before 2pm when the main runway will become backlit. :sweat:

Yes, I know, but we cant do anything about that.... :dunno:

And I wasn't suggesting otherwise, just hypothetically speaking for the best conditions for photography to be had. I am very appreciative of the effort put in by yourself and others at LBHA for this opportunity and as others have said, it should be £15.00 well spent. :clap:

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

Looks like French team in bound and a Belgian Herc off Clacton might be in bound

John in Seaford

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

frank wrote:Just checking here - all I got was one of those matrix code thing as a ticket. Is that what others got

Anyone who bought one of the very first tickets best check ,as I received this e-mail yesterday

" Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that a few early sales of the Arrivals Day tickets sold for the Biggin Hill Airshow did not result in the correct version of the ticket being sent. The original version you were sent was missing the artwork/supporting information. We apologise for this and attach the correct version.

This problem only affected the Arrivals Day tickets and only the first few tickets sold.

Please discard the first version you were sent – the QR code is the same on both documents and is one use only, therefore they are effectively duplicates. If one copy is used, it will render the other un-useable."
Kind Regards

TICKETsrv
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place

frank

Post by frank »

Yup I got that too - the original was a blank page with the just the code on it, hence why I asked. Sorted now and very much looking forward to the first of hopefully many arrivals days at Biggin.

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

frank wrote:Yup I got that too - the original was a blank page with the just the code on it, hence why I asked. Sorted now and very much looking forward to the first of hopefully many arrivals days at Biggin.

Great,although somehow I think ths may be a one off,as will be the two day show itself :sad: I can't believe they seem not to have sold all the 150 arrival day tickets,unless folks are taking a chance and buying as late as possible after a weather check !
No reason to think along these lines ,just a feeling, although I'm hoping to be proved wrong on both counts !

POD

Post by POD »

aceyone wrote:
frank wrote:Yup I got that too - the original was a blank page with the just the code on it, hence why I asked. Sorted now and very much looking forward to the first of hopefully many arrivals days at Biggin.

Great,although somehow I think ths may be a one off,as will be the two day show itself :sad: I can't believe they seem not to have sold all the 150 arrival day tickets,unless folks are taking a chance and buying as late as possible after a weather check !
No reason to think along these lines ,just a feeling, although I'm hoping to be proved wrong on both counts !

Fingers crossed for the future....I think 120 odd had been sold by this time yesterday... :dunno:
Tiger Tiger!

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

120 ? that's not too bad I suppose ,as long as they make a profit and there are no issues they may do it again,better to have paying customers inside looking out than outside looking in !

wezgulf3

Post by wezgulf3 »

aceyone wrote:120 ? that's not too bad I suppose ,as long as they make a profit and there are no issues they may do it again,better to have paying customers inside looking out than outside looking in !

Think of the time of year too, we are slap bang in the middle of the kids summer holidays. a lot of people might be away

Wes...

mafro987daboss

Post by mafro987daboss »

Does anyone know whether display items will be practising tomorrow? I know the F16/PdF had practises/validations today so was wondering if we'd see the Czechs do the same?

paulpp7

Post by paulpp7 »

mafro987daboss wrote:Does anyone know whether display items will be practising tomorrow? I know the F16/PdF had practises/validations today so was wondering if we'd see the Czechs do the same?

No see Kev's reply to a similar question earlier in the thread.

Really looking forward to this, just hope the weathers with us!!

Had a nice afternoon at Shoreham today, dry but rather windy!!
Canon 7D Mk2
Canon 7D
Canon 15-85
Canon 70-200L
Canon 100-400iiL
Canon 580EX
Uniden UBC125XLT

frank

Post by frank »

aceyone wrote:

Its the first year of arrivals and wasn't confirmed until quite late - not surprised its not sold out. If they do the same next year and advertise it early enough we could all be scrambling for tickets as word gets around. I am somehow optimistic that a two day airshow will become the norm if this year goes well (no facts and data - just optimism)

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Just got back from a great day. Many thanks to Kev and the rest of the team for making it so enjoyable with true icing on the cake at 1830.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Steve888

Post by Steve888 »

Thanks from me too, I had a great day.

tankbuster wrote:Just got back from a great day. Many thanks to Kev and the rest of the team for making it so enjoyable with true icing on the cake at 1830.

psquiddy

Post by psquiddy »

Go on then - what happened at 1830?
Over 300 free things to do in London
http://www.toplondondaysout.co.uk

wezgulf3

Post by wezgulf3 »

Well, that was just excellent! You don't get much for £15 these days, but we got to be pretty close to the action today! Although the weather was a challenge at times and some periods of nothing moving, I had a very good day. Many thanks to Kev and the team, who handled the day very well.

One gripe, a few people who thought walking down to the Static was ok, could have ruined a good thing if seen by the wrong people.

Hope it happens next year because I'll be there for sure!!

Wes...

PanamaMan

Post by PanamaMan »

Steve888 wrote:Thanks from me too, I had a great day.

+1, many thanks Kev and the team :-)

tankbuster wrote:Just got back from a great day. Many thanks to Kev and the rest of the team for making it so enjoyable with true icing on the cake at 1830.
Anything less than 900mm is wide angle

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

psquiddy wrote:Go on then - what happened at 1830?

This taxied out in the best light of the day

Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

psquiddy

Post by psquiddy »

Wow - that looks considerably better than when it arrived.
Over 300 free things to do in London
http://www.toplondondaysout.co.uk

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

I hope the Mi35 is parked up close for great static shots,and not hidden over the other side of the airfield. :smile:
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Excellent day yesterday, apart from the weather, although it could have been worse! Nice to have not many people, and plenty of space. Some more catering would have been nice, thank god for the sandwich van! Lets hope that it becomes a more regular event? Would be nice to tie it in to a optional visit to the BHHH?

paulpp7

Post by paulpp7 »

A thoroughly enjoyable day despite the best attempts of the British summer!

A big thank you for Kev and the team at Biggin Hill for organising this.

Oh and a lovely touch with the freebie hat too!!
Canon 7D Mk2
Canon 7D
Canon 15-85
Canon 70-200L
Canon 100-400iiL
Canon 580EX
Uniden UBC125XLT

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Said it on the day at the end but it was great fun. A good day, yeah it wasn't the busiest arrivals day and the weather was frustrating to say the least, but a worthwhile event, even if just for the Czech helicopters, especially at the end there. Plus bonus hat!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Aquarious

Post by Aquarious »

Unfortunately I couldn't make it until the afternoon due to work pressure, but it was still a very enjoyable (1/2) day. My only gripe was the weather, I expected some showers but not hailstones. It's still officially summer isn't it? Thanks to everyone for organising the day and looking after us and especially for waiting long after we should have already been well on our way home to capture the Czech choppers. That alone was worth being there for. :up: