Where has XH558 thread gone?

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Reds Rolling

Re: Where has XH558 thread gone?

Post by Reds Rolling »

So Mods, is this the new official XH558 discussion thread now then, as that seems to be the way it's going? :question:

motormouser

Post by motormouser »

Shhhh! :grin:

bernarde

Post by bernarde »

So VTTS have now opened a shop in the Yorkshire Outlet selling clothing and other merchandise - also has the flight simulator in it.. open until the end of October.

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

bernarde wrote:So VTTS have now opened a shop in the Yorkshire Outlet selling clothing and other merchandise - also has the flight simulator in it.. open until the end of October.

After which it will be under a tarp in the car park. :wink:

John

Xm657

Post by Xm657 »

bernarde wrote:So VTTS have now opened a shop in the Yorkshire Outlet selling clothing and other merchandise - also has the flight simulator in it.. open until the end of October.

Well at least they are still trying to keep going. I would like to think this is being run by volunteers so at least any sale proceeds would go directly to 558's future - minus the rent of the shop in the Outlet (or maybe they have go a spare shop for free being a charity, Oxfam style). I hope its not just another means to pay Mr Pleming and his cronies' wages though and 558 never sees a penny of it.

CJS

Post by CJS »

"Being a charity, Oxfam style..." I know what you mean obviously, but I did think 'really?!'
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Presumably you mean the 'pop up shop' which was featured in the VTST newsletter on 18 August ?
If so, it's not exactly a proper shop and if it's like the schemes in my area it'll either be free or only cost a small amount to rent.
And if you've read said newsletter, you'll have seen that it implies it's run by volunteers.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Some questions were asked by a long-time VTTS Club member on the VTTS forum, which ( not unexpectedly ) haven't been responded to by anyone from VTST.
As the questions are no doubt ones which people on this forum would also be interested in seeing answered, I'll post them on here.....but like the posters on the VTTS forum I won't be holding my breath when it comes to receiving an answer.
1.Why was the Club Committee excluded from the final flight ?
2.Who is currently employed or receiving remuneration of any sort from Trust funds ?
3.How much is the current wage bill including expenses and retainer fees etc ?
4.How cost effective are the current batch of Air Show attendances by the Trust Trailer after deducting costs ?
5.What are the current cash reserves of the Trust ?
아직도 숨어있다

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

I think we are heading towards a brutal bloodbath of an endgame. Even the die-hard supporters are demanding answers now. Time for VTTS to speak, otherwise it'll be like a battle scene from Game Of Thrones...

Burleysway

Post by Burleysway »

I’m an Ex Club Committee member and I was invited to the final flight, but I couldn’t make it due to work commitments.

I can’t think why the current committee members weren’t invited. Does it really matter now?

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

You'd have to as Mike why it matters, as they're his questions......presumably it does, though, otherwise he wouldn't have asked.
아직도 숨어있다

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Sad Sam reports on the official forum:

Re: So that's it then?
« Reply #146 on: Today at 11:15:41 AM »
Feedback from some one who has seen the first batch of names is not to good.

The names are so small they are unreadable, the sticker has been poorly applied so there are loads of bubbles and creases.

So you can't read your name - but you (and everyone else) knows the graffiti has been applied.

They might as well let the youth from Doncaster get stuck in with the spray cans and start "tagging" her now.... >:(

I have heard the "facilities manager" is now back from maternity leave so that is another mouth to feed.

I have heard that I am just a disgruntled ex-employee. It's actually worse than that. I am a long term supporter - I still have a standing which is paid every month so this is my money they are wasting!

Facilities manager? What facilities does she have left to manage?

trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Post by trebleone »

Brevet Cable wrote:Some questions were asked by a long-time VTTS Club member on the VTTS forum, which ( not unexpectedly ) haven't been responded to by anyone from VTST.
As the questions are no doubt ones which people on this forum would also be interested in seeing answered, I'll post them on here.....but like the posters on the VTTS forum I won't be holding my breath when it comes to receiving an answer.
2.Who is currently employed or receiving remuneration of any sort from Trust funds ?
4.How cost effective are the current batch of Air Show attendances by the Trust Trailer after deducting costs ?

I would imagine that a Freedom of Information request to the Charities Commission should get answers to questions 2, 3 and 5.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

That's been suggested on the VTTS forum ( I think Mike's one of those who suggested it ), don't know if anyone's done so yet.
아직도 숨어있다

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

I would be very surprised if the wage and expenses bill is less then 10k per month. But we can use that has a bench mark.
Engine runs drag in about 4k a month, so that will not cover the bill. Once you minus a little fuel bill.
What ever standing orders are in place and a bit of merchandise selling, would say could cover it,
Thou I think the wage bill will be higher as I cannot see all being on the minimum wage.

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:Sad Sam reports on the official forum:

Re: So that's it then?
« Reply #146 on: Today at 11:15:41 AM »
Feedback from some one who has seen the first batch of names is not to good.

The names are so small they are unreadable, the sticker has been poorly applied so there are loads of bubbles and creases.

So you can't read your name - but you (and everyone else) knows the graffiti has been applied.

They might as well let the youth from Doncaster get stuck in with the spray cans and start "tagging" her now.... >:(

I have heard the "facilities manager" is now back from maternity leave so that is another mouth to feed.

I have heard that I am just a disgruntled ex-employee. It's actually worse than that. I am a long term supporter - I still have a standing which is paid every month so this is my money they are wasting!

Facilities manager? What facilities does she have left to manage?

How will you see your name under the wing anyway.
You will have to pay another £150 for a engine run day to get anywhere near it.
Or is the price of your name on the wing, you get a free day to Doncaster for some unveiling event.

Cannot see a sticker lasting long outside in the cold and damp.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

From the reply on the VTTS forum it would appear that the stickers Sam was told about were only a trial set, not the proper ones.
아직도 숨어있다

red devil

Post by red devil »

Burleysway wrote:I’m an Ex Club Committee member and I was invited to the final flight, but I couldn’t make it due to work commitments.

I can’t think why the current committee members weren’t invited. Does it really matter now?

Of course it matters.. The Club co-chair were not invited, after all the hard work fund raising, countless hours spent at Airshows from out their own pockets!!
So one wonders why you had the invite and none of the other club committee!!??

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

red devil wrote:
Burleysway wrote:I’m an Ex Club Committee member and I was invited to the final flight, but I couldn’t make it due to work commitments.

Of course it matters.. The Club co-chair were not invited, after all the hard work fund raising, countless hours spent at Airshows from out their own pockets!!
So one wonders why you had the invite and none of the other club committee!!??

would have thought he could have offered the privilege to someone else to go, knowing he could not make it.

JetMan

Post by JetMan »

May be of interest to the followers of this thread, The guys restoring the Vulcan cockpit at SYAM are doing some great work, and a dedicated fundraising page has been set up to help the rest of the project along. If you could spare a few quid for a donation, it'd be much appreciated by all involved and it'll make a huge difference to the project. Please see http://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Vulcan-XL388 to donate.

steveb23

Post by steveb23 »

Brevet Cable wrote:Some questions were asked by a long-time VTTS Club member on the VTTS forum, which ( not unexpectedly ) haven't been responded to by anyone from VTST.

I read this post, but for me, this shows how deep the issues with VTTS go, so the public are completely excluded from the final flight having put up the money for it to fly in the first place. Yet the core few were allowed to watch it, and the "committee" is still spitting blood that they weren't.

The better question is, why weren't a representative group of public supporters given access to the final flight? Everyone who has something to do with that organisation seems to think they deserve special treatment. It's wrong.

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

JetMan wrote:May be of interest to the followers of this thread, The guys restoring the Vulcan cockpit at SYAM are doing some great work, and a dedicated fundraising page has been set up to help the rest of the project along. If you could spare a few quid for a donation, it'd be much appreciated by all involved and it'll make a huge difference to the project. Please see http://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Vulcan-XL388 to donate.

I suspect that only about 10% of active members actually bother looking at this thread anymore - because they're sick to death of it.

Wouldn't it be better starting a new thread regarding XL388 as a lot more members would actually read it (there's probably a thread about '388 already though).

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Does a severed cockpit need a thread on an airshows forum?

Mind you, good that they're getting some practice in for when the same fate comes to XH558.

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

Boring! Zzzzzzz :sleepy:

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

steveb23 wrote:

I read this post, but for me, this shows how deep the issues with VTTS go, so the public are completely excluded from the final flight having put up the money for it to fly in the first place. Yet the core few were allowed to watch it, and the "committee" is still spitting blood that they weren't.

The better question is, why weren't a representative group of public supporters given access to the final flight? Everyone who has something to do with that organisation seems to think they deserve special treatment. It's wrong.

This committee member couldn't care less to be honest.It Would've been nice to have the hard work some of us have put in over the years acknowledged though.