Duxford August Bimbles ~ *UPDATE 3-27Aug17*

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
Pen Pusher

Duxford August Bimbles ~ *UPDATE 3-27Aug17*

Post by Pen Pusher »

Had to get a new laptop and having eventually loaded all my photo editing software onto it I though I'd best try it out and play catch up.

The weather at Duxford last Saturday was in three halves. The morning and late afternoon was blue sky and sunshine. The bit in the middle was torrential rain. The number of aircraft booked in for the Light Aircraft Association Bonus Day didn't quite match the number that turned up but that was probably down to the forecast rain that duly arrived. P-51D/Sharkie flew late morning and arrived back just ahead of the rain front. The HAC Fury was due to go up to East Kirkby for their air show but cancelled due to the rain en route. The HAC team took the opportunity to move the DH.9 to the other side of the hangar where it will be rigged for flight. Many thanks to Howard for the cockpit access. Although you could see blue sky way off to the west, it was still raining when the Boultbee Spitfire arrived from Goodwood for some maintenance at ARCo and the T.28 Fennec fired up and did a practice display over the airfield in drizzle before heading for East Kirkby. By the time the Blenheim came out to play, it was also heading for East Kirkby, it was back to being quite warm in the sunshine. In the order taken.

Sony Alpha A6000 CSC & Tamron 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 Di-III VC Lens.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

tuska2

Re: Duxford August Bimble ~ 05Aug17

Post by tuska2 »

The Bimbles Return! nice one! Not sure I like that mini Mustang, is it pedal propelled?

ashenden92

Post by ashenden92 »

Welcome back Brian I thought something most foul was interfering with updates from DUXFORD

regards
PASH

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Suffering most foul 'Man Flu' for the last 3 weeks. :biggrin:

Brian

DfG on Facebook

Albion143

Post by Albion143 »

When did Big Beautiful Doll get back in the air?

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

BBD is one of these - http://www.titanaircraft.com/t-51d.php

Brian

DfG on Facebook

Pen Pusher

Re: Duxford August Bimble ~ *UPDATE 1-10Aug17*

Post by Pen Pusher »

It wasn't raining so I went to Duxford. It was quiet apart from the visitors who were still queuing out of the visitor centre at mid-day to get in. Catalina was out for an engine run and the two-seat Spitfire's were flying. PV202 with Classic Wings and NH341 was off to Sywell.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

BriLlo

Re: Duxford August Bimbles ~ *UPDATE 1-10Aug17*

Post by BriLlo »

Nice pics as ever Brian, welcome back.

Nice to see the Freelance, didn't know it was still airworthy. According to Wikki there was only 1, but there are pics of 2, G-NACA & G-NACI. I suspect CA was the modified Britten Norman Nymph prototype G-AXFB.

wallace

Post by wallace »

Interesting shot of the two sea Spitfire, different gun buttons and slightly different instrument panels.

Always enjoy your Bimbles Brian, keep 'em coming.

Georgeconna

Post by Georgeconna »

2nd that. I always enjoy the Bimbles thread (and your London ones). Keep it up Brian.
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

GeorgeP

Post by GeorgeP »

Nice to see you posting again, Brian. The T-28 would have been a nice addition to FL 2017, but I don't think that I should complain considering the range of aircraft that appeared.

Pen Pusher wrote:... The weather at Duxford last Saturday was in three halves...
Oh Brian, your maths teacher will be having convulsions. Unless, of course, the third half is a summer time addition to the day. :wink: :biggrin:
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30699732@N05/albums

Pen Pusher

Re: Duxford August Bimbles ~ *UPDATE 2-25Aug17*

Post by Pen Pusher »

Despite the wall to wall blue sky and sunshine and the temperature in the low 20's, there was high, thin cloud which made lighting conditions for anything other than ground to ground photography atrocious.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

Pen Pusher

Re: Duxford August Bimbles ~ *UPDATE 3-27Aug17*

Post by Pen Pusher »

Another wall to wall sunshine day and no haze. With no wind it was very warm but a bit of a breeze did spring up in the afternoon to take the edge off the heat. Visitor car parking ended up on the grass inside the museum but the increased visitor numbers could to have been down to the Duxford Summer Motor Fest being held and after a quick browse there was only an American Police car that caught my attention. Lots of flying with Classic Wings doing their Fly in and Fly With a Spitfire through out the day. TFC Mk.V Spitfire went up for a couple of flights and the T.28 and Blenheim went up the road to Little Gransden for their Air Show. The B-17 returned from their weekend at Dunsfold and parked up on the grass to drop off passengers and then went off to Little Gransden as well. Photos in the order taken.

Sony Alpha A6000 CSC & Sigma 100-400m f5-6.3 DG OS HSM lens + Sigma MC-11 SA-E Mount/Sony Alpha A6000 CSC & Tamron 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 Di-III VC.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Duxford August Bimbles ~ *UPDATE 3-27Aug17*

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Lovely Trans-Am. :cool:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"