Farnborough International Airshow 2018

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
FarnboroJohn

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Even the punters are likely to think its just looking for Blackbushe.

John

wv383

Post by wv383 »

FarnboroJohn wrote:Even the punters are likely to think its just looking for Blackbushe.

John

The distance it will be from the punters, it might as well be on Blackbushe 'downwind for finals'!
Simon

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

I may have the opportunity to do one of the weekend days this year, rather than the usual week day offering. For those who have already attended, is the weekend worth doing?

borismorris

Post by borismorris »

I wasnt impressed last time out..
There was less than half dozen really impressive air displays...

Im unlikely to return.

James1971

Post by James1971 »

I'm sure that a Trade Ticket will give you more of a day out. As a public show, it's best to be a freeloader for this one
James

Canon EOS R
Canon RF 16mm
Canon RF 24-105mm
Canon RF 50mm
Canon EF 70-200 f4
Canon RF 100-400mm
Canon RF 800mm

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

If photography, and afterburners is your be all and end all don't bother with farnborough. If you like to see interesting aircraft on the ground, and some in the air then it is something to consider. The Red Bulls will make a nice change at the weekend.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Evening guys, an updated layout plan was uploaded today.

As always it takes a little translating so I've given this my best shot, I've split the list by those classed as "reserved" which I interpret to mean booked, and "pavilion" which I haven't got a clue if they are booked or not. The black outline aircraft I've taken as being 2016/suggested aircraft that would fit in the unbooked free space.

I've put interesting, eyebrow raising aircraft (imho) in bold.

Andy

Reserved
Airbus A350-200
Antonov AN-124
Antonov AN-132
ATR72-600
BAE Systems Hawk
Boeing 727
Boeing 737-800 (P-8?)
Boeing 737-Max 9 (Qatar Markings)
Boeing 747-800
Boeing AH-64E Apache
Boeing CH-47 Chinook
Boeing F-15SA (???) Silent Eagle (tails have deliberately been canted out on plan).
Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet
Bombardier Dash 8 Q200
Bombardier Q400
Cranfield Jetstream 31
Cranfield Bulldog
Dart 450
Diamond DA42 MPP Geostar
Diamond DA42 DO System MPP Geostar
Diamond DA52
DHC-6 Twin Otter
Dornier Do328
Embraer E-190 E2
Embraer KC390
Embraer Legacy 500
Embraer ERJ135
King Air B200
L4 AT-802u
Leonardo C-27J
Lockheed Martin/KAI T-50a
Lockheed Martin C-130J
Lockheed Martin F-16
Lockheed Martin F-35 (assumed A)
Lockheed Martin LM-100J
Mitsubishi MRJ90
Mitsubishi MRJ90 (2 examples in total)
Pilatus PC-12NG
Pilatus PC-21
Pilatus PC-24
Sikorsky MH-60
Sikorsky UH-60
Stolp Starduster
Sukhoi Superjet 100
TAI Anka
TAI ATAK T129
TAI Hurkus
TAI T70i (Blackhawk)
Westland Sea King Mk5

Pavilion
Airbus A321-200
Beachcraft T-6A
Beachcraft King Air 350
Bell 407
Bell 429
Bell 429EMS
Bell 505
Bombardier CRJ900
Bombardier CS300
Bombardier Global 6000
Bombardier Learjet 75
Bombardier Q400
Cessna 208 Caravan
Gulfstream G450
Gulfstream G500/G550
Gulfstream G650
Honda Jet
Textron AirLand Scorpion

Berf

Post by Berf »

As I understand it pavilions are areas where say a country takes the space and then individual exhibitors take space within that ie Bell might be in the USA pavilion space rather than exhibiting as Bell on its own.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Had to google a couple of them - Lockheed Martins version of a Hercules which looks exactly like a Hercules. F15 SA looks interesting.
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Yes, I don't know why a civil J model Herc is more interesting than a Turkish "Mangusta" or "Blackhawk", then again I don't know why an F-35 :sick: of any kind is either! :grin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

effects

Post by effects »

Flare Path wrote:I may have the opportunity to do one of the weekend days this year, rather than the usual week day offering. For those who have already attended, is the weekend worth doing?

In a word no, the chalets are all shut, it is very congested I'd stick to trade days if I were you.
Nikon P900 (Sony DSC-HX400V, Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)

daveseth

Post by daveseth »

James1971 wrote:I'm sure that a Trade Ticket will give you more of a day out. As a public show, it's best to be a freeloader for this one

hi,
how easy is it for a enthusiast/photographer not connected to the industry get a ticket for the trade days?

regards,
dave...

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

You go on the website and buy one, simple as that!

daveseth

Post by daveseth »

Thanks, but what I meant was do you need to provide a connection to the aviation industry?

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

daveseth wrote:Thanks, but what I meant was do you need to provide a connection to the aviation industry?

They ask for a company name and job title, they don't do any checks. You seem like the director of daveseth aviation to me!

daveseth

Post by daveseth »

Paul_Reflex wrote:
daveseth wrote:Thanks, but what I meant was do you need to provide a connection to the aviation industry?

They ask for a company name and job title, they don't do any checks. You seem like the director of daveseth aviation to me!

Ah you.ve had dealings with my company then... thanks.

effects

Post by effects »

I am sure you could think of one, however if you live close by and fancy 5 days 'working' at the show give me a shout.

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

effects wrote:
Flare Path wrote:I may have the opportunity to do one of the weekend days this year, rather than the usual week day offering. For those who have already attended, is the weekend worth doing?

In a word no, the chalets are all shut, it is very congested I'd stick to trade days if I were you.

Thanks. Friday any better? :grin:

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Paul_Reflex wrote:

I have been checked and asked for more details of my role
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

effects

Post by effects »

Flare Path wrote:
effects wrote:

Thanks. Friday any better? :grin:

Friday is slightly better, the halls are open and the folks inside are keen to offload all of their freebies, however you do have vast herds of marauding children to contend with!

daveseth

Post by daveseth »

effects wrote:

I am sure you could think of one, however if you live close by and fancy 5 days 'working' at the show give me a shout.

hi,
thanks for the offer, if only, but i'm up in the north midlands...so a bit far for a commute.
regards,
dave...

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

I was looking at the FAQs earlier, as I needed some information. There's a small piece of information in-relation to the flying display, which you may find interesting:

We are now in the full throes of organising the exciting 2018 show. Centred around the theme of ‘Pioneers Of The Sky’ there will be loads of flying action, including a brand new headline display act and as always, a great mix of commercial and military aircraft in the air and on the ground to delight everyone

Anyone know more about this 'headline act'?

Harlequin67
UKAR Supporter

Post by Harlequin67 »

Flare Path wrote:I was looking at the FAQs earlier, as I needed some information. There's a small piece of information in-relation to the flying display, which you may find interesting:

We are now in the full throes of organising the exciting 2018 show. Centred around the theme of ‘Pioneers Of The Sky’ there will be loads of flying action, including a brand new headline display act and as always, a great mix of commercial and military aircraft in the air and on the ground to delight everyone

My guess is the Chinese.....only joking........I would guess they maybe talking about the Red Bulls mixed formation display. It would be a first or "brand new" headline act for the UK. This is the sort of brand, Red Bull, that may engage the public on more levels than say a South Korean Black Eagle.
Aviation photographer - Achievement unlocked

wv383

Post by wv383 »

Harlequin67 wrote:
Flare Path wrote:I was looking at the FAQs earlier, as I needed some information. There's a small piece of information in-relation to the flying display, which you may find interesting:

My guess is the Chinese.....only joking........I would guess they maybe talking about the Red Bulls mixed formation display. It would be a first or "brand new" headline act for the UK. This is the sort of brand, Red Bull, that may engage the public on more levels than say a South Korean Black Eagle.

The Red Bulls appearing at Farnborough are the same as at Flying Legends except there will only be one Alphajet not two apparently. I wonder if they'll bring the Sycamore that's coming over to appear at Yeovilton?
Simon