Meiringen Axalp week 2017

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
GME-AirFoto

Meiringen Axalp week 2017

Post by GME-AirFoto »

Hi all,

I spent some days in beautiful Meiringen down in the vally during the Axalp week last October. Every day was blessed with sunshine and perfect conditions for photography. Not much flying from the Hornets (just 4 Hornets twice a day for the shooting/demo), but lots of helo action. The Super Puma / Cougars flew all the VIP´s to the Axalp shooting range. The base was tasked with support of the event on top. Luck with the weather and brilliant morning light for the first Hornets and some scenery images. Some impressions of a superb trip thanks to the weather to Switzerland:

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

11.)

12.)

13.)

14.)

15.)

16.)

17.)

18.)

19.)

20.)

More images on our website ;-)
Last edited by GME-AirFoto on Wed 30 May 2018, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Cake

Re: Meiringen Axalp week 2018

Post by Dr Cake »

Hi, do you know where the F-5s operated from? I assumed they would have flown from Meiringen too.
Rich

Mawgan4

Post by Mawgan4 »

Those are outstanding photographs. 3, 7 and 9 have great atmosphere :clap:

Alisdair

GME-AirFoto

Post by GME-AirFoto »

Dr Cake wrote:Hi, do you know where the F-5s operated from? I assumed they would have flown from Meiringen too.
Rich

Hi Rich,
all the F-5s operated from Sion Air Base during the Axalp week. No F-5s operating at Meiringen only at the Axalp range. But you could spot them shooting from down as well.

Dr Cake

Post by Dr Cake »

GME-AirFoto wrote:
Dr Cake wrote:Hi, do you know where the F-5s operated from? I assumed they would have flown from Meiringen too.
Rich

Hi Rich,
all the F-5s operated from Sion Air Base during the Axalp week. No F-5s operating at Meiringen only at the Axalp range. But you could spot them shooting from down as well.

Thanks, that's interesting - didn't think they would have operated from Sion as I thought they'd left. Thanks for passing this on.
Rich