Where has XH558 thread gone?

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Ewart

Re: Where has XH558 thread gone?

Post by Ewart »

JetMan wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
JetMan wrote:
speedbird2639 wrote:https://www.vulcantotheskystore.co.uk/names-under-xh558s-wing---25th-anniversary-of-last-raf-flight-4580-p.asp

For £30 you can have you name stuck to the understand of XH558.

Or for £29 you could have a nice day out at the Cosford Airshow and see lots of aircraft actually fly!

It's all about choices...

£29 for the ticket, but the what about the costs of transport, food, drink, accommodation if needed etc...

Do you not eat and drink on days when you don't go out?

But food and drink is provided at the ground run, not at cosford... I was merely pointing out that speedbirds comparison isn’t as simple as it was made out to be.

But the ground run IIRC was £100.00 per person.

Its a mere £30 for a sticker on the Vulcan, but £29 for Cosford, so unless you plan on spending £71 on food at Cosford (per person) then it isn't comparable to the ground run on a pound for pound basis. And pound for pound IS comparable to the sticker.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

20 quid and you can see Buccaneers, Hunters, lightnings, VC-10 etc actually moving...

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

Wow - that escalated quickly!!

:lmao:

CJS

Post by CJS »

No surprise there then!
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Who, of sane mind, pays £30 to have their name put on a sticker, when you need to pay another £100 to be allowed close enough to see it?

Fair play to VTTS, when it comes to milking the hard-of-thinking, they've got it nailed.

ericbee123

Post by ericbee123 »

JetMan wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
JetMan wrote:
speedbird2639 wrote:https://www.vulcantotheskystore.co.uk/names-under-xh558s-wing---25th-anniversary-of-last-raf-flight-4580-p.asp

For £30 you can have you name stuck to the understand of XH558.

Or for £29 you could have a nice day out at the Cosford Airshow and see lots of aircraft actually fly!

It's all about choices...

£29 for the ticket, but the what about the costs of transport, food, drink, accommodation if needed etc...

Do you not eat and drink on days when you don't go out?

But food and drink is provided at the ground run, not at cosford... I was merely pointing out that speedbirds comparison isn’t as simple as it was made out to be.

You mean food and drink is provided at the £100 ground run, but you were talking about £30 name plates before !!

Smoke and mirrors.
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.

TYPHOON3

Post by TYPHOON3 »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:Who, of sane mind, pays £30 to have their name put on a sticker, when you need to pay another £100 to be allowed close enough to see it?

Fair play to VTTS, when it comes to milking the hard-of-thinking, they've got it nailed.

Yes they sure have it nailed. I can't believe so many gullible people are still giving them their money. :lmao:

ZD241_VC10

Post by ZD241_VC10 »

Gregg wrote:20 quid and you can see Buccaneers, Hunters, lightnings, VC-10 etc actually moving...

Add another £50 and you could ride on the VC10 during the taxi run. We think that’s pretty good value for money. :smile:

All supporting a live 4-engines jet aircraft operated by a committed volunteer workforce giving their own time (and often a lot else) for free.
Last edited by ZD241_VC10 on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

flashman8

Post by flashman8 »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:Who, of sane mind, pays £30 to have their name put on a sticker, when you need to pay another £100 to be allowed close enough to see it?

I put that on facebook everytime I see the name on a plane liked or shared................

they sure have the knack of getting people to part with the money
Sony A700, A550, , Minolta 135, 500, Sigma 10-20, Sony 18-70, 50,70-300GSSM,Tamron 17-50,90mm

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

Do not worry, we can all have our names on a buy a brick for the hangar, or buy a payne of glass with you name on. Coming soon you wait and see.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

vulcan558 wrote:buy a payne

Cynthia, Keith, Liam, Gareth, Rufus, or the fictional Max? :whistle:

'Buy a brick'? And why not, it would be nothing that other charities haven't done before....
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

No idea how much such adverts cost, but getting near-daily ads for VTTS popping up on my Instagram feed...

reheat module

Post by reheat module »

"...Add another £50 and you could ride on the VC10 during the taxi run. We think that’s pretty good value for money..."

To be honest, some of the places they took me to, I'd pay the extra £50 NOT to be in the VC10...
Canon systems

Xm657

Post by Xm657 »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:No idea how much such adverts cost, but getting near-daily ads for VTTS popping up on my Instagram feed...

Same on Facebook. I know Google Adwords is Pay per Click so only costs if someone actually clicks the advert. The cost when they do can vary from a few pence to 10s of pounds per click.

The amount of retail related emails and social media ads smacks of desparation go me. I wonder what health their finances are in.

Marathon Milkshake

Post by Marathon Milkshake »

Speaking to a woman today who paid to have her name on the plane thing, she would not have it that she has been conned, her exact words were "so what if I have, they can have my money anytime!" and her responce to paying £100 to see it run some engines at some point itn the future. "Fantastic, when are they doing it again?"

So whats the point? Personally I think she is brainwashed into thinking these people can do no wrong at all, she doesnt read any of the forums, doesnt follow up on anything, just blindly hands over her money, and thats a sure sign of a good con.
Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter

Dan213

Post by Dan213 »

Xm657 wrote:
Dan O'Hagan wrote:No idea how much such adverts cost, but getting near-daily ads for VTTS popping up on my Instagram feed...

Same on Facebook. I know Google Adwords is Pay per Click so only costs if someone actually clicks the advert. The cost when they do can vary from a few pence to 10s of pounds per click.

The amount of retail related emails and social media ads smacks of desparation go me. I wonder what health their finances are in.

This will be paid social in which you pay a set fee up front

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

They have money to advertise, they have money to run a merchandise industrial unit and office's in Nuneaton and Doncaster. Plus the spares stores or shop as it seems to be today.
The cash is rolling in from all over the place,

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Marathon Milkshake wrote:Speaking to a woman today who paid to have her name on the plane thing, she would not have it that she has been conned, her exact words were "so what if I have, they can have my money anytime!" and her responce to paying £100 to see it run some engines at some point itn the future. "Fantastic, when are they doing it again?"

So whats the point? Personally I think she is brainwashed into thinking these people can do no wrong at all, she doesnt read any of the forums, doesnt follow up on anything, just blindly hands over her money, and thats a sure sign of a good con.

No different from your average supporter of football teams, motor-sports teams, or individual sportspeople, then, or people who'll only drive one make of car, etc.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

MicrolightDriver

Post by MicrolightDriver »

Marathon Milkshake wrote:Speaking to a woman today who paid to have her name on the plane thing, she would not have it that she has been conned, her exact words were "so what if I have, they can have my money anytime!" and her responce to paying £100 to see it run some engines at some point itn the future. "Fantastic, when are they doing it again?"

Perhaps she's just able to make up her own mind, and doesn't give two hoots what certain habitually negative people on a forum might think.

Edited to remove comments construed as a "sexism 'me too' card" : MLD
Last edited by MicrolightDriver on Tue 05 Jun 2018, 11:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

ooooooo MLD plays the sexism 'me too' card early.

this could be a fun day :snack: :snack:
Got to love Russianhardware

MicrolightDriver

HeyfordDave111 wrote:ooooooo MLD plays the sexism 'me too' card early.

this could be a fun day :snack: :snack:

How is 'me too' relevant to what I said?

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

so your admitting to playing the 'sexism' card by default then?
Got to love Russianhardware

MicrolightDriver

HeyfordDave111 wrote:so your admitting to playing the 'sexism' card by default then?

Is highlighting that sort of attitude and behaviour a 'card'?

I don't think so, I just think it's worth saying.

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Give it a rest, picking up on that is one of the most ridiculous things in this thread and takes your trolling to another dimension

Let that be the end of that matter
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

ZD241_VC10

Post by ZD241_VC10 »

reheat module wrote:"...Add another £50 and you could ride on the VC10 during the taxi run. We think that’s pretty good value for money..."

To be honest, some of the places they took me to, I'd pay the extra £50 NOT to be in the VC10...

As long as you like Leicestershire you'll be ok. No deserts, jungles, far distant penguin inhabited islands or Canadian training areas available. :smile: