Radom Air Show 2018 (100th Anniversary of Polish Air Force)

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Mr. Crusher

Re: Radom Air Show 2018 (100th Anniversary of Polish Air For

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Fanmade current line up:

Polish Xtreme Sky Force Team (MiG-29 + XA-41) will also participate.

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Mr. Crusher wrote:Fanmade current line up:

Polish Xtreme Sky Force Team (MiG-29 + XA-41) will also participate.

Do love these fanmade lineups ,until it’s confirmed by organisers that things are attending it’s just fantasy!
With reference to the JF-17 i have my doubts as they are only sending a C-130 to RIAT,when you would think they would def send the JF-17 to,(what with FIA the following week)so why would they send it to Radom?

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Polish pilots were strongly involved in the Pakistan Air Force development, some of them were even awarded and called national heroes. It's natural that Pakistan will send something huge to 100th Anniversary of Polish Air Force airshow as part of respect.

JF-17, Romanian Mig-21 and other aircraft on this list were announced by the organiser in media, I think it's not necessary to wait until information appears on facebook to say they will participate...

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Mr. Crusher wrote:Polish pilots were strongly involved in the Pakistan Air Force development, some of them were even awarded and called national heroes. It's natural that Pakistan will send something huge to 100th Anniversary of Polish Air Force airshow as part of respect.

JF-17, Romanian Mig-21 and other aircraft on this list were announced by the organiser in media, I think it's not necessary to wait until information appears on facebook to say they will participate...

Ok well let’s hope you are correct .

reineves

Post by reineves »

Hi guys, is there any spot for spotters? I live in Brasil and intend to go in this event. Thanks!

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

@reineves

Mr. Crusher wrote:There are four locations for spotters in Radom.

These two (Ogrodnicza Street and Lubelska Street) are the best for arrivals (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) and departures (Monday).

http://www.google.pl/maps/@51.3844745,2 ... authuser=0

http://www.google.pl/maps/@51.3933819,2 ... authuser=0

Third is Skaryszewska Street. It's called "spotters' Mecca" in Poland :) Best place for trainings on Thursday and Friday. It's impossible to see full displays because of trees around.

https://www.google.pl/maps/@51.3837606, ... authuser=0

On Saturday and on Sunday Skaryszewska St is closed. It's possible to get there by bus and on foot. If you use car you must choose this route:

http://www.google.pl/maps/dir/51.382260 ... authuser=0

Last location is inside the base. You have to face the sun, but it's worth to spend at least one day there.

Here you will find everything about spotting in Radom: http://www.hesja.pl/teksciwo,346,air-show-radom.html

Queues are generally short because security check is really fast. In the past it wasn't allowed to have your own food and water, but it changed last year, it shouldn't be a problem now. There are always so many people inside the base (about 100.000 each day) so you must be early if you want to have good position.

I hope that links work correct :)

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Tickets will be available tomorrow here: https://www.ebilet.pl/en/

22 countries confirmed participation, Sweden is one of them :shock: http://airshow.wp.mil.pl/u/airshow/arty ... /flagi.jpg

http://en.airshow.wp.mil.pl/artykuly/st ... o-on-sale/

Sall

Post by Sall »

Lithuania also. But that can be only something on static.

reineves

Post by reineves »

Regulations:
"10)movie/video cameras and photo cameras and other sound or image recording devices,
except for strictly personal use,"

Is there equipment type restriction? I'll take telephoto lenses and other lenses.

In the past was there a specific grandstand for spotters?

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

The same regulation was last year and probably three years ago also, I don't know exactly how it works but there's never been a problem with taking photos in Radom.

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Aishow Director said in local media there will be so many aircraft that program must be different on Saturday and on Sunday but some teams like Frecce Tricolori will perform both days. He confirmed again that PAF JF-17 will make dynamic display, but it won't be based in Radom because runway is too short. The organisers still don't know what USAF decides to send to Radom, they would like to see "something new" (probably F-22 or F-35, but it all depends on USAF decision).

Tickets: https://www.ebilet.pl/en/sport/pozostale/air-show/

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

I have a question for people who already attented one of the Radom airshow, it's regarding the arrival. How many arrivals are done before Friday usually ? I mean, is it usefull to come at Radom from wednesday or is it just a waste of time as everything comes on Friday?
Thanks a lot !
Last edited by F-BSHM on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

Mr. Crusher wrote:... but it won't be based in Radom because runway is too short.

What? It can't operate from a 2000 meter long runway?

As for those of you who are wondering about spotter platforms, in the past the spotter's pack at Radom was fantastic - the first year I went (2011) there were four different photo spots for spotters, one on the other side of the runway, where you had the sun in your back, and three on the crowd line. But as rules got stricter the spot on the other side of the runway was removed and when I attended back in 2013 there was just a crappy grand stand on the crowd line - and I'm guessing that's still the case. If you go off base though there's a lot of great spots along the Skaryszewska road.

st24

Post by st24 »

F-BSHM wrote:I have a question for people who already attented one of the Radom airshow, it's regarding the arrival. How many arrivals are done before Friday usually ? I mean, is it usefull to come at Radom from wednesday or is it just a waist of time as everything comes on Friday?
Thanks a lot !

Must admit Friday was excellent when I was there last, far more busy than I expected, lots of arrivals and rehearsals plus 2 fly throughs by the massed Air Force formations. I hadn't really missed much on the Thursday for sure. Plus great views of Red backed Shrike, middle spotted Woodpecker and Montagu's Harrier made for a very good day!!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

st24 wrote:Must admit Friday was excellent when I was there last, far more busy than I expected, lots of arrivals and rehearsals plus 2 fly throughs by the massed Air Force formations. I hadn't really missed much on the Thursday for sure!

Okay thank you so much :) I Will not be able to go to the airshow days so I'm now looking at the arrivals and rehersals. If anybody has a log or a record of last year arrivals, I would appreciate, I didn't find a lot about the arrivals in Radom.
This year the Thursday will probably be more busy due to the high amount of participants.

st24

Post by st24 »

F-BSHM wrote:
st24 wrote:Must admit Friday was excellent when I was there last, far more busy than I expected, lots of arrivals and rehearsals plus 2 fly throughs by the massed Air Force formations. I hadn't really missed much on the Thursday for sure!

Okay thank you so much :) I Will not be able to go to the airshow days so I'm now looking at the arrivals and rehersals. If anybody has a log or a record of last year arrivals, I would appreciate, I didn't find a lot about the arrivals in Radom.
This year the Thursday will probably be more busy due to the high amount of participants.

Indeed, I'm over there from the Wednesday this year, admittedly doing some wildlife and museum stuff too...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Agg wrote:
Mr. Crusher wrote:... but it won't be based in Radom because runway is too short.

What? It can't operate from a 2000 meter long runway?

A few years ago USAf didn't allow their Eagles to land in Radom due to short runway but Israeli F-15 didn't have problem with that. Maybe PAF has some weird regulations or Director made a mistake.

It's worth to be in Radom earlier, arrivals start on Wednesday (but some aircraft arrive to Radom on Tuesday, most of them are from Polish Air Force), Thursday and Friday are like normal airshow days with many arrivals. I would say that often training days are more interesting than main show on Saturday and Sunday ;)

reineves

Post by reineves »

"Indeed, I'm over there from the Wednesday this year, admittedly doing some wildlife and museum stuff too..."

Is there a aviation museum in Radom?
I came from Brasil and arrive in Warsaw. Is there a museum too?
Thanks.

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

Mr. Crusher wrote:It's worth to be in Radom earlier, arrivals start on Wednesday (but some aircraft arrive to Radom on Tuesday, most of them are from Polish Air Force), Thursday and Friday are like normal airshow days with many arrivals. I would say that often training days are more interesting than main show on Saturday and Sunday ;)

Thank you Mr.Cusher also, so you definitely gave me a thumbs up, I go :up: :smile:

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Mr. Crusher wrote:Aishow Director said in local media there will be so many aircraft that program must be different on Saturday and on Sunday but some teams like Frecce Tricolori will perform both days. He confirmed again that PAF JF-17 will make dynamic display, but it won't be based in Radom because runway is too short. The organisers still don't know what USAF decides to send to Radom, they would like to see "something new" (probably F-22 or F-35, but it all depends on USAF decision).

Tickets: https://www.ebilet.pl/en/sport/pozostale/air-show/

Can anybody translate the four ticket options. Flicking the English switch seems to leave these in Polish

edit, OK, I've done it, Regular, Concession, big family and collector (whatever that is)
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Draken

Post by Draken »

1. Bilet normalny
40,00 PLN

Normal ticket for 1 day

2. Bilet ulgowy
25,00 PLN

Discount ticket (school pupils, students up to 26yo, pensioners)

3. Bilet z Kartą Dużej Rodziny
10,00 PLN

Big Family Ticket - Polish Family Card, plus kids below 6yo go free

4. Bilet kolekcjonerski
160,00 PLN

Collectors package - ticket, coin, t-shirt, lanyard, cap, badge (1 day)

As I go to Radom Air Show since late 90's, best option for me is:

Friday Arrivals/Trainings - Skaryszewska
Saturday morning - airshow area - satic display pics
Saturday mid-day - walk to Skaryszewska (20-30min)
Sunday - all day on Skaryszewska.

There is nothing better than afterburner heat and fumes just above your head - just like Italian EF or Belgian F16 last time :D

reineves

Post by reineves »

Hello guys
About lenses, a Sigma 150-600 is enough ?

NTG1610

Post by NTG1610 »

reineves wrote:"Indeed, I'm over there from the Wednesday this year, admittedly doing some wildlife and museum stuff too..."

Is there a aviation museum in Radom?
I came from Brasil and arrive in Warsaw. Is there a museum too?
Thanks.

2 small museums in Warsaw
Museum of the Polish Army http://www.muzeumwp.pl/
all aviation outside open 7days free entry(pay to go in buildings)
Museum of Polish Military Technology http://www.muzeumptw.pl/
all aviation outside free entry

No museum oin Radom I can see but Deblin Museum of Polish Air force is only about 1 hours drive to the east
http://muzeumsp.pl/ chrage for entry about 70 aircraft in the museum

I did all 3 last month lots of Migs as would expect
enjoy

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

Sall wrote:Lithuania also. But that can be only something on static.

For me it is only for the Baltic bees

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

JF-17 confirmed.

[fb-post]http://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1935926773148532&id=100555253352369[/fb-post]

F-BSHM wrote:
Sall wrote:Lithuania also. But that can be only something on static.

For me it is only for the Baltic bees

Baltic Bees are from Latvia ;)