Radom Air Show 2018 (100th Anniversary of Polish Air Force)

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Berf

Re: Radom Air Show 2018 (100th Anniversary of Polish Air For

Post by Berf »

There will be lots of people outside and many of them will not speak Polish! Don't worry about it...

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

Be positive at the moment they announce a new aircraft each day so it means that we still have 17 new aircraft to discover if it stays like this :rock:

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Don't worry, if you have a car prepare 20 PLN for parking and enjoy the show :) Airshow regulations are very liberal in Poland and you can do whatever you want outside the base, just remember some streets shut to cars on Saturday and Sunday :)

Bokimon

Post by Bokimon »

Also does Radom have Uber or car2go?
Thank you for the responses so far, the good tolerance from the authorities makes it really really attractive and that too will make up quite well.
Otherwise I may look to take the bus to the southside and camp at a nice spot near the bus stop there.

Mecci

Post by Mecci »

Does anyone know if there's a shuttle service from Radom center to the airshow and back on Saturday & Sunday ?

I'm going to arrive and depart from/to Warsaw by FlixBus .
M@T photography

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Shuttlebuses run from a stop midway between the Radom bus and train station. Tickets are sold from a van at the stop.

Mecci

Post by Mecci »

Chrisse wrote:Shuttlebuses run from a stop midway between the Radom bus and train station. Tickets are sold from a van at the stop.

Thanks a lot !
M@T photography

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

+ PZL P.11c (S) - the only one in the world!

Team Orlik has finally started training in the formation of 6 aircraft and will be ready for Radom. In the last few months they were able to use only 3 planes.

Mig-29 and Su-22 will not take part at flypast over Warsaw on Wednesday. So you're right, it will be a miracle if they show up at Radom.

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

Thanks again for the information even if this is à really sad news... if they are even not in the flypast or static in Radom that's going to be hard...

Sall

Post by Sall »

Radom without Su-22 and MiG-29. Wow. Well, that is not Radom. That's some ordinary european airshow.

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

For me, an other surprising fact comes from the US as they always say one month prior which aircrafts they will send to an airshow. For RIAT it has been announced more than a month before and same thing for last year airshows... I hope we will have something from their side.

Berf

Post by Berf »

No they don't - F15s have turned up at RIAT at less than one month's notice and the A10s at Yeovilton two years ago were less than a month.

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Maybe there simply won’t be US participation,they are the partner nation for the Ostrava show in Sept so that’s a heavy commitment in itself and perhaps the ties aren’t quite as strong with the Polish Airforce then they are with the RAF,I don’t recall any American participation in 2015,but I maybe wrong!

snakeye

Post by snakeye »

F-BSHM wrote:When you try to buy two different tickets online, one for Saturday and one for Sunday, can you buy them together so you don't need to pay the gestion fees twice ? Did somebody managed To do it ?

You are able to buy tickets for both days on a single purchase. Just go to the event page on eBilet and copy the address to the clipboard. Select one day, and proceed to checkout page. Then, go back to the event page (by pasting the address you copied earlier), and do the other day. On the second checkout, both tickets should be on the cart. Then finish the buy.

I was able to do this a few weeks ago for 85.40 PLN (electronic ticket by email voucher/PDF download): 40PLN each ticket and 5.40PLN service charge.

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Has anybody seen confirmation of public access to Deblin on the Friday 24th August

Berf

Post by Berf »

Sadly, as it stands it's not much of a Polish Air Force 100 years celebration

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

Taken from the Scramble Forums - https://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=135458&start=60

There will be no air parade this year! In previous editions of the Radom Airshow at 12 o'clock a parade of all types of aircraft used by the Polish military was organized however this year it will be different... Instead of a parade, at 11 am there will be a "special show" - on the sky there will be a large number of jets coming from the crowd side, and the effect will resemble an "earthquake"! The show will be longer by 1 hour compared to previous editions. At the airport in Sadków, a record number of machines will land. These will include not only planes participating in the demonstrations but also technical airplanes and VIPs. On the occasion of its anniversary, its arrival in Radom has been announced by many heads of foreign air forces

And the Super Mushak appears to have cancelled.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

AARDVARK wrote:
Stagger2 wrote:Oh! you mean SU27 Bort # 58 & 71? How anybody cannot have seen these in the last few years is unbelievable! Beyond that you're treated to in excess of a dozen multi-aircraft display-teams that appear with almost monotonous regularity throughout the year, including so many 'toilet-break' items that you would be safe to attend with dysentery! :hide:
I would attend for the last-knockings of Soviet aviation, but that aint gonna happen! Take away the JF-17 & this is a very ordinary event. :cuppa: This one was binned for me weeks back. :wave:

Happy chap aren’t you !

Damn right I'm happy! :biggrin: Happy I aint going all that way for a Lemon! :tongue2: Could say 'I told you so', but that wouldn't help really. :snack:

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Stagger2 wrote:
AARDVARK wrote:
Stagger2 wrote:Oh! you mean SU27 Bort # 58 & 71? How anybody cannot have seen these in the last few years is unbelievable! Beyond that you're treated to in excess of a dozen multi-aircraft display-teams that appear with almost monotonous regularity throughout the year, including so many 'toilet-break' items that you would be safe to attend with dysentery! :hide:
I would attend for the last-knockings of Soviet aviation, but that aint gonna happen! Take away the JF-17 & this is a very ordinary event. :cuppa: This one was binned for me weeks back. :wave:

Happy chap aren’t you !

Damn right I'm happy! :biggrin: Happy I aint going all that way for a Lemon! :tongue2: Could say 'I told you so', but that wouldn't help really. :snack:

Lol,it’s not exactly a lemon,still an admirable airshow ,just doesn’t have the unique selling point that made it desirable in the first place ,but organisers cannot help that,just an unfortunate set of circumstances have worked against the show,would I be going if I could afford it..probably yes, still as out of base viewing is great and departures location is great aswell,and at present the Flanker and Thunder will add some exotica to the proceedings.

chipmunk22

Post by chipmunk22 »

Well, I wish I wasn`t going .
Booked my flight / accommodation / tickets months ago,so am commited.
Best part will be the museum at Deblin,and some local bars :smile:
Another air show hyped up,only for all the stars to drop out.
A poor effort for a 100 year celebration :mad: :mad:

Tim Laurence

Post by Tim Laurence »

AARDVARK wrote:
Stagger2 wrote:
AARDVARK wrote:

Sounding a little ungrateful there. We may have all seen those Flankers, but the opportunity to stand off base and have the aircraft display its turning circle above your head with the sun on your back is pretty unique, if you're into quality over quantity, which most aviation photographers are. I'm not a number cruncher, but it was Bort 69 at Radom 2015 when I was last there so either 58 or 71 is fine by me.

Same applies for the JF-17. Not seen one display since 2011 and 2010 so looking forward to see it fly.

I'm sure the friends, colleagues and family members of the Romanian MiG-21 display pilot who lost his life will be really upset that you've binned off going to this show.
@timlaurencephotography

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

chipmunk22 wrote:Well, I wish I wasn`t going .
Booked my flight / accommodation / tickets months ago,so am commited.
Best part will be the museum at Deblin,and some local bars :smile:
Another air show hyped up,only for all the stars to drop out.
A poor effort for a 100 year celebration :mad: :mad:

Think you need to grow up to be frank !!
Reason the stars have dropped out ...2 people lost their lives!

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Possibly a little gushing tbh Tim Laurence & AARDVARK? Tens of people die on the roads in England everyday, but did anybody stop driving? It's natural to feel for others losses, but will it stop me using road-bridges, probably not. Both recent air-display losses involved guys at the top of their game, but still human & flying machines that can break at the worst time. Their next of kin won't care if I don't go to Radom. :facepalm:
RESPECT would be a 'missing-man' flight of Polish Mig 29's & a Dedication to those two pilots who died doing what they loved, but for a bit longer please. :wink:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

And maybe their colleagues would have wanted to do that, but, Stagger2, you appear to miss the small fact that the aircraft are actually still grounded pending the investigations into the causes.

When reading some comments here, the word 'petulant' comes to mind.

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

People seem to have very short memories. Back in the '90s people got very, very, used to seeing Su-27 displays but then came the new millennium and many people would have given their right arm to see a Flanker, even on static.

Yes, the Ukrainian Su-27 has been getting about a bit recently - and it's been wonderful; but don't take it for granted. It could just as soon stop flying for any number of reasons.