RIAT 2019

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby boff180 on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 1:23 pm

:wat: :tongue2: :biggrin:

To clarify, the Chinese have publically said they want to attend European Airshows with August 1st... when, how, if, is anyones guess.... going on scale.etc one of the likely shows would be RIAT... if the political situation of it being a USAF operated base can be overcome.

As for Fumaca.... I just want to see them back with their Super Tucano, best scheme of any display team anywhere :smile:
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby HeyfordDave111 on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 1:48 pm

More chance of that than getting anything new and different from Jordan i'd think. :biggrin:
Got to love Russianhardware
HeyfordDave111

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby frank on Tue 28 Aug 2018, 8:23 am

boff180 wrote::wat: :tongue2: :biggrin:

To clarify, the Chinese have publically said they want to attend European Airshows with August 1st... when, how, if, is anyones guess.... going on scale.etc one of the likely shows would be RIAT... if the political situation of it being a USAF operated base can be overcome.

As for Fumaca.... I just want to see them back with their Super Tucano, best scheme of any display team anywhere :smile:


Interesting comment above, do RIAT have to get agreement from the USA before they send an invitation to a country or indeed have the Americans ever vetoed a RIAT attendee.
:hypno:
frank

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Tmyers123 on Tue 28 Aug 2018, 9:09 am

frank wrote:Interesting comment above, do RIAT have to get agreement from the USA before they send an invitation to a country or indeed have the Americans ever vetoed a RIAT attendee.
:hypno:


DBH work with the MoD when sending invitations, and they are the ones who decide whether it is okay to send a certain nation an invitation. And I imagine they share the same views as the US on Russia, Iran etc.
User avatar
Tmyers123

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby frank on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 9:53 pm

Tmyers123 wrote:
frank wrote:Interesting comment above, do RIAT have to get agreement from the USA before they send an invitation to a country or indeed have the Americans ever vetoed a RIAT attendee.
:hypno:


DBH work with the MoD when sending invitations, and they are the ones who decide whether it is okay to send a certain nation an invitation. And I imagine they share the same views as the US on Russia, Iran etc.


The first part of your answer has been well documented in the past, the second half is speculative and doesn't really answer the question.
frank

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Tmyers123 on Fri 31 Aug 2018, 11:23 pm

But you can’t deny that it is true in some respects, which would affect whether they are invited to a military airshow or not.
User avatar
Tmyers123

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Tommy on Sat 01 Sep 2018, 7:29 am

Tmyers123 wrote:But you can’t deny that it is true in some respects, which would affect whether they are invited to a military airshow or not.


It's probably very likely, I agree, but it's important to note that "I imagine" does not equal "you can't deny it's true", regardless of how obvious it might be.

Splitting hairs, I know, but it's always very important to know where to draw the line between what you know to be true, and what you guess. :smile:
User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby aviodromefriend on Sun 02 Sep 2018, 12:51 pm

Tommy wrote:
Tmyers123 wrote:But you can’t deny that it is true in some respects, which would affect whether they are invited to a military airshow or not.


It's probably very likely, I agree, but it's important to note that "I imagine" does not equal "you can't deny it's true", regardless of how obvious it might be.

Splitting hairs, I know, but it's always very important to know where to draw the line between what you know to be true, and what you guess. :smile:
You can't deny (if you want to be taken seriously) that RIAT is run by a civilian organisation (RAFCTE), not the RAF or whatever air arm. So it isn't a military airshow.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Tmyers123 on Sun 02 Sep 2018, 12:59 pm

aviodromefriend wrote:You can't deny (if you want to be taken seriously) that RIAT is run by a civilian organisation (RAFCTE), not the RAF or whatever air arm. So it isn't a military airshow.


It is held at a military airfield and attended by dozens of military air arms. It’s organisers may be civilian but it is a military airshow.
User avatar
Tmyers123

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Airshowhammer on Sun 02 Sep 2018, 2:17 pm

Why are you always the first to respond and constantly trying to correct everything and everyone? :roll:
Airshowhammer

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Tmyers123 on Sun 02 Sep 2018, 3:05 pm

Stop trying to cause arguments. I responded to the comment because it was referring to one of my previous posts, it’s not that difficult to grasp is it? PM me if you have such a big problem with everything I do. :up:
User avatar
Tmyers123

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby boff180 on Sun 02 Sep 2018, 8:29 pm

Airshowhammer wrote:Why are you always the first to respond and constantly trying to correct everything and everyone? :roll:


I (as will the other staffers) won't tolerate any of the childish rubbish that went down in the 2018 thread reoccurring for 2019. So I will say this once.

Cut out the childish bitchy comments now. Only warning - to all members.

Andy
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Finningley Boy on Mon 03 Sep 2018, 8:04 am

boff180 wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:Why are you always the first to respond and constantly trying to correct everything and everyone? :roll:


I (as will the other staffers) won't tolerate any of the childish rubbish that went down in the 2018 thread reoccurring for 2019. So I will say this once.

Cut out the childish bitchy comments now. Only warning - to all members.

Andy

You're not our real Dad anyway! :tongue2:

FB :wink: :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby jasonT1981 on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 6:23 pm

Just booked hotel for 2019! Missed 2018 to go to Cosford and RAF100 Flypast but going back for next summer :D
User avatar
jasonT1981

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Airshowhammer on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 6:26 pm

Please keep the shuttle buses for arrivals and departure days thats all i ask!
Airshowhammer

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby jasonT1981 on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 8:12 pm

Airshowhammer wrote:Please keep the shuttle buses for arrivals and departure days thats all i ask!


Hoping that myself, if they have the shuttle bus for departures I will add an extra day on to my trip.
User avatar
jasonT1981

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby edhunter on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 4:51 pm

Who do you think are the most likely of all of the USAF demo teams to come to RIAT 2019?
edhunter

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Tmyers123 on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 5:32 pm

Like it has been said previously, the F-22 Demo Team attended a couple of years in a row and then took a break this year, which means it’s a possibility that it will return next year but I suppose it’s just as likely as any of their demo teams. Personally I’d love for the F-22 to display next year but the A-10 would be the star for sure.
User avatar
Tmyers123

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby aviodromefriend on Sun 09 Sep 2018, 12:33 pm

None, or maybe an Osprey from Mildenhall.

It's a NATO anniversary show and Trump isn't pro-NATO, so why would he allow one of them to come over?
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Airshowhammer on Sun 09 Sep 2018, 1:55 pm

aviodromefriend wrote:None, or maybe an Osprey from Mildenhall.

It's a NATO anniversary show and Trump isn't pro-NATO, so why would he allow one of them to come over?


I’m pretty sure Trump couldn’t care less what goes to RIAT or not, considering its an airshow not a G20 summit.
Airshowhammer

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby aviodromefriend on Tue 11 Sep 2018, 9:57 am

Airshowhammer wrote:
aviodromefriend wrote:None, or maybe an Osprey from Mildenhall.

It's a NATO anniversary show and Trump isn't pro-NATO, so why would he allow one of them to come over?


I’m pretty sure Trump couldn’t care less what goes to RIAT or not, considering its an airshow not a G20 summit.
I'm pretty sure Trump prefers to not use any material or pay tax money for anything to celebrate any organisation he is against.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program
User avatar
aviodromefriend

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Wissam24 on Tue 11 Sep 2018, 11:17 am

I'm pretty sure if the USAF just don't tell Trump it exists he'll never find out about it
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
User avatar
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 11 Sep 2018, 12:18 pm

Always assuming he's still POTUS by then.
Unofficial forum brauer und winzer
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby Wissam24 on Tue 11 Sep 2018, 2:10 pm

Well, quite
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
User avatar
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2019

Postby CJS on Wed 12 Sep 2018, 11:02 am

Wissam24 wrote:I'm pretty sure if the USAF just don't tell Trump it exists he'll never find out about it


Even if they do tell him exists he probably won't believe them anyway.

#fakeairshow
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
User avatar
CJS

PreviousNext

Return to Royal International Air Tattoo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests