Radom Air Show 2018 (100th Anniversary of Polish Air Force)

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Mr. Crusher

Re: Radom Air Show 2018 (100th Anniversary of Polish Air For

Post by Mr. Crusher »

It will be possible to buy the tickets at the entrance.

Regular: 45 PLN
Children, students and pensioners: 30 PLN

Berf

Post by Berf »

From The Aviationist:

U.S. Air Force F-22 deployed to Poland.

Five jets USAF F-22s have arrived at Powidz Airbase, Poland, this week.

On Aug. 15, along with a C-130J that acted as a camera-ship, four stealth aircraft celebrated the 100th Anniversary of Polish Independence and Armed Forces Day by participating in a multi-aircraft flyover in Warsaw (most probably, the fifth F-22 was a spare aircraft). The jets made a forward hop to Powidz from Spangdahlem, where they have been deployed recently to participate in a number of exercises in the region.

The USAF F-22s are deployed to Europe for theater familiarization and to conduct interoperability training with NATO aircraft. (All images: Jacek Siminski).
According to unofficial information Raptors would also be engaged in some training sorties and possibly engagements, with the Polish F-16 jets.

The rumor suggesting that the American fighters would be involved in the Polish Air Force’s centenary in Radom next week has been denied by one of the officials involved in organization of the show we’ve been speaking to; however the Poles are still hoping that USAF Europe will make a contribution, in a form of 5th Gen. jets, at the event in Radom.

G-LOC

Post by G-LOC »

Sall wrote:If it stays like that, Radom will be without ... Ukrainian Su-25

What's the source for this? Still on schedule on the website :up:

Sall

Post by Sall »

As static, not flying. If Buran or something similar rare is not in static display, than no reason for me to visit static. I count only flying birds. :dunno:

Tim Laurence

Post by Tim Laurence »

Stagger2 wrote:Possibly a little gushing tbh Tim Laurence & AARDVARK? Tens of people die on the roads in England everyday, but did anybody stop driving? It's natural to feel for others losses, but will it stop me using road-bridges, probably not. Both recent air-display losses involved guys at the top of their game, but still human & flying machines that can break at the worst time. Their next of kin won't care if I don't go to Radom. :facepalm:
RESPECT would be a 'missing-man' flight of Polish Mig 29's & a Dedication to those two pilots who died doing what they loved, but for a bit longer please. :wink:

I was being sarcastic to highlight how ungrateful you sound.
@timlaurencephotography

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

I don't know if this the right place to post this message (if not, don't hesitate to cancel it).

Does anybody have a bed to offer for the night from the 25 To the 26th ? The hotel I booked just sent me a message via booking to say they have made a mistake and room was booked twice with another guy... bad surprise...

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Tim Laurence wrote:
Stagger2 wrote:Possibly a little gushing tbh Tim Laurence & AARDVARK? Tens of people die on the roads in England everyday, but did anybody stop driving? It's natural to feel for others losses, but will it stop me using road-bridges, probably not. Both recent air-display losses involved guys at the top of their game, but still human & flying machines that can break at the worst time. Their next of kin won't care if I don't go to Radom. :facepalm:
RESPECT would be a 'missing-man' flight of Polish Mig 29's & a Dedication to those two pilots who died doing what they loved, but for a bit longer please. :wink:

I was being sarcastic to highlight how ungrateful you sound.

Because I choose to voice my opinion on a public forum & it doesn't fit with your views, that makes me ungrateful? You intend to "stand off-base under the circling aircraft with the sun at your back" where it's no longer permissible in the UK & in a region where mishaps seem too common these days! Good Luck. :handbag:

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

MiG_Eater wrote:People seem to have very short memories. Back in the '90s people got very, very, used to seeing Su-27 displays but then came the new millennium and many people would have given their right arm to see a Flanker, even on static.

Yes, the Ukrainian Su-27 has been getting about a bit recently - and it's been wonderful; but don't take it for granted. It could just as soon stop flying for any number of reasons.

A fair point to make, but it's only a couple of weeks from now before we can all see them again at Hradec Králové or a week later at the Belgian Air force Days too? :cuppa:

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Berf wrote:From The Aviationist: [...]

I got an answer on the Polish forums that this source is not reliable and even if Raptor is rumored to participate, no one will confirm that (especially to the guy who wrote this article :P ). So F-22 display or flypast may be surprise.

That was written by trustworthy user ;)

Maudit

Post by Maudit »

F-BSHM wrote:I don't know if this the right place to post this message (if not, don't hesitate to cancel it).

Does anybody have a bed to offer for the night from the 25 To the 26th ? The hotel I booked just sent me a message via booking to say they have made a mistake and room was booked twice with another guy... bad surprise...

We had the same surprise with Booking.
The hotel canceled and put the same 3 rooms at more than double the price.
Booked in October 2017 ....
Thief

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

Maudit wrote:We had the same surprise with Booking.
Thief

Okay... know everything is full so I'will probably have to go back to Warsaw instead of staying near to Radom...

Maudit

Post by Maudit »

we were lucky we found at 1h drive
The cancellation took place a good month ago

Maudit

Post by Maudit »

F-BSHM wrote:
Maudit wrote:We had the same surprise with Booking.
Thief

Okay... know everything is full so I'will probably have to go back to Warsaw instead of staying near to Radom...

https://www.airbnb.fr/s/Radom--Pologne/ ... g=wfSmQQsn

reineves

Post by reineves »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sorry, wrong message.
Last edited by reineves on Sun 19 Aug 2018, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Pakistan Air Force arrives to Dęblin tomorrow at 11:00 (local time)

2x JF-17
3x C-130 Hercules

PS Detailed program will be published on Monday.

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

To let you know:

C130 4144/4153 at 0715z and 1225z at Deblin + 12138 (JF17 ?)

C130 4171 To Radom at 0830z.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

snakeye

Post by snakeye »

Pakistani JF-17s that arrived at Deblin are 09-111 and 12-138, both in the green Pak flag color scheme.

Sall

Post by Sall »

I really hoped both will be standard gray, but in the deep, I knew they will send both green. I don't want to offend anybody, but I don't like this "camouflage" at all. It's like toy, not proper combat machine.

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Program:

[fb-post]https://www.facebook.com/100555253352369/posts/2101400676601140/[/fb-post]

Nice, but of course not as fantastic as it was two months ago. Unfortunately it's not going to be the show we will remember for years.

I hope you have a good time in Poland. Maybe it won't be the greatest airshow ever, but still it's one of the best line ups in Europe this year. Expectations were higher - in the end we should get an enjoyable show.

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Is it 2 JF17’s flying then ??

Bokimon

Post by Bokimon »

I guess I can live with that..
May keep Poland open for next year once the issues are resolved and the rest of the soviet legends are back up again, unless they all get quickly retired.. :( :(
Packing up to hit across the pond tonight, With stops in Montreal, and Iceland so I am travelling a great deal of distance and time as well as multiple long 20hr layovers in both places just to be there for Polands 100th anniversary.
The next thing to derail all of this would be rainy weather this weekend.. Please no!

Mecci

Post by Mecci »

Weather is not looking good ! :(
M@T photography

Rick

Post by Rick »

Hi All,

Can anyone advise the R/T frequenices for Radom ?

Thanks

Rick
Slackers of the World unite !
Tomorrow.

Andyph

RAF at Radom

Post by Andyph »

I'm not surprised but am a little disappointed by the RAF's lack of participation at Radom this weekend. (and currently no French or USAF I understand?)

A Typhoon might be above par these days for an overseas airshow from the RAF - but I see it as rather cursory.

100th anniversary year (for them and us) - of a country we went to war to defend.

I see the Red Arrows are displaying at Dunsfold and Rhyl - hardly shows that are must do!!

I'd have thought seeing the BBMF would have been really special to the Polish people too - a bit of a task to get there but I'd imagine they would have got a fantastic reception.

I also think a strong showing in Poland would have been seen in Moscow!