Where has XH558 thread gone?

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
JetMan

Re: Where has XH558 thread gone?

Post by JetMan »

IgnatiusJReilly wrote:I know Steve Liddle, before he ran away, had said that regular taxi events wouldn't happen until they were established in the new built hangar. Which if true, does make fannying around with XH558 now seem more like an excuse for the boys to play with the toys than any serious progression towards regular, public, fast taxying.

Perhaps, and this could just be me and my optimistic viewpoint rather than what is actually happening, but maybe the trust have been listening to criticisms in the past that they haven’t made preparations before something major happens. If the preparations are made now, and regular taxiing is signed off by the airport soon, the events around taxis will be able to start as soon as the aircraft moves into the new hangar. Like i said at the start, it is just my optimistic viewpoint, but it does make sense...

ExVulcanGC

Post by ExVulcanGC »

I will put that down to senility and not checking, I did note that and forgot to change what I had written, knew someone would correct it :biggrin:

I think I wrote something previously about things are dependent on the new hangar being completed before anything new starts happening. I have to agree that the secrecy around the operation, upkeep and availability of the Peoples Aircraft is, and always was, a real mystery, unneeded and in my view counter productive, however, to date that model has not deterred them collecting the money they want, when they want it, so it is a business model that against the odds seems to work for them, so who are we really to say that's not how they should continue, even if we don't agree with it.

MicrolightDriver

Post by MicrolightDriver »

ExVulcanGC wrote:Decided to have a check on YouTube to check if the latest engine run and taxi back had been posted and found these:

First taxi check a year ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CXKE17JzHI

Good footage - thanks for posting.

Let's hope they can get the hangar built, get the aircraft under cover and start expanding general access.

Xm657

Post by Xm657 »

Indeed thanks for posting that, I hadn't realised someone had recorded the event. Really nice to see and hear the 558 move again although it highlights that we will only ever be able to witness that from a fair distance at Doncaster. The up close and personal taxi runs of Bruntingthorpe of the 90s are certainly a thing of the past sadly. Hopefully 655 will get to taxi again for those who like their hearing ruined!

flashman8

Post by flashman8 »

IgnatiusJReilly wrote:.
As always with VTTS, none of what they do makes a lot of sense and really, a bit of open dialogue would go a long, long way. Quite why their thinking and planning for fast taxying is a state secret is beyond my comprehension. Fair enough if they were a private organisation, but they're absolutely not.

:lmao:
Sony A700, A550, , Minolta 135, 500, Sigma 10-20, Sony 18-70, 50,70-300GSSM,Tamron 17-50,90mm

Marathon Milkshake

Post by Marathon Milkshake »

Its all quite backwards, flying to fast taxi to slow taxi. I fail to see how a slow taxi can be an achivement. What is next? towing the thing around with a tug?
Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

Xm657 wrote:Indeed thanks for posting that, I hadn't realised someone had recorded the event. Really nice to see and hear the 558 move again although it highlights that we will only ever be able to witness that from a fair distance at Doncaster. The up close and personal taxi runs of Bruntingthorpe of the 90s are certainly a thing of the past sadly. Hopefully 655 will get to taxi again for those who like their hearing ruined!

Correct, to do anything in regards of a taxi run like the public would want, would mean the airport to be shut for a sunday morning or Saturday.
It just will never happen.like your Bruntingthorpes taxi runs days.

The best example today is the Lightning at Cranfield, kept in perfect running order only does engine runs and taxi runs behined closed doors to a limited number. The similarities end there thou.
The Lightning is kept by a small team and does not need vast sums of money, this being a more complex jet to operate.

ericbee123

Post by ericbee123 »

vulcan558 wrote:

The best example today is the Lightning at Cranfield, kept in perfect running order only does engine runs and taxi runs behined closed doors to a limited number. The similarities end there though.
The Lightning is kept by a small team and does not need vast sums of money, this being a more complex jet to operate.

A lightning doesn’t need a management team to supervise the volunteers and arrange fund raising events ?

Surely the lightning IT costs must be in the £ thousands ? Relative ?
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Amusing to see "Neverfuel" resurface.

On the plus side, along with Reds Rolling, at least that's two of the cabal engaging on the forum now - albeit not under their own names...

IgnatiusJReilly

Post by IgnatiusJReilly »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:Amusing to see "Neverfuel" resurface.
On the plus side, along with Reds Rolling, at least that's two of the cabal engaging on the forum now - albeit not under their own names...

They're probably finding life on here more comfortable than reading the Facebook thread....
Eccentric, idealistic, and creative, sometimes to the point of delusion..

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

where do i look on faceache for the page? ive scanned various groups but couldnt find it and really need a laugh. :lmao:
Got to love Russianhardware

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

Question thats of inportance is, where are the spare engines being kept, are they in a good dry damp free storage.
I know 558 will not need flying engine again but even good ground runners need some good looking after.

Also where are the 6 flying fit engines for Canberra wk163, still none the wiservwhere they gotbthem from and how much they paid for them,
I know Coventry looked for years and only got one,and a possible 2nd for a spare.

that 1st one was found to be damaged by shipping so was unfit.

Wher did vtts get 6 and at what cost.

Xm657

Post by Xm657 »

vulcan558 wrote:Question thats of inportance is, where are the spare engines being kept, are they in a good dry damp free storage.
I know 558 will not need flying engine again but even good ground runners need some good looking after.

Also where are the 6 flying fit engines for Canberra wk163, still none the wiservwhere they gotbthem from and how much they paid for them,
I know Coventry looked for years and only got one,and a possible 2nd for a spare.

that 1st one was found to be damaged by shipping so was unfit.

Wher did vtts get 6 and at what cost.

I believe they have a small building or at least some shipping containers at Doncaster for the spare engines. Although I suppose they could be at the warehouse with all the other spares - where they do the sales. It was never really explained where the six airworthy Canberra engines miraculously came from after 163 had apparently been grounded for years for lack of even one spare one. But I don't doubt they do exist or what was the point of buying WK163. Presumable the cost of the engines and other spares was included in the £50K purchase price.

Xm657

Post by Xm657 »

HeyfordDave111 wrote:where do i look on faceache for the page? I've scanned various groups but couldnt find it and really need a laugh. :lmao:

Just go to the VulcanToTheSky website and click on the Facebook logo, or follow the link below. Last time I looked it was a blood bath of comments under their raffle post mainly regarding where all the money had gone in the last 12 months (with reference to the annual accounts). They usually keep on top of deleting anything said against them, but there didn't seem to be any supportive comments! Just checking now and it has now been "cleaned up" by the VttST thought police! Apparently the most recent comment was 5 weeks ago, or rather there hasn't been any comments for the last 5 weeks that hasn't been deleted. Believe me there were plenty a few days ago!! They seem to have an angry crowd on social media these days.

https://www.facebook.com/VulcantotheSkyTrust/?ref=name

MicrolightDriver

Post by MicrolightDriver »

Xm657 wrote:...Just go to the VulcanToTheSky website and click on the Facebook logo, or follow the link below. Last time I looked it was a blood bath of comments under their raffle post...

Superb prizes, it has to be said...

Raffle

Marathon Milkshake

Post by Marathon Milkshake »

heres a good idea, lets copy and paste what is said about them on fb before they delete it!
Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter

Xm657

Post by Xm657 »

MicrolightDriver wrote:
Xm657 wrote:...Just go to the VulcanToTheSky website and click on the Facebook logo, or follow the link below. Last time I looked it was a blood bath of comments under their raffle post...

Superb prizes, it has to be said...

Raffle

I agree, they have put a fantastic set of prizes together, hats off to all that have arranged them - worth every penny they get paid for that at least.

Very eye catching new web design too on that link. Is the rest of the site going to get that new modern design? I suppose that might account for some of the 30K IT spend if the website is being overhauled.

With any luck the money from the raffle won't go the same way as all the rest of the funds since 2015, though I suspect it's probably in aid of the payroll as usual.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Marathon Milkshake wrote:heres a good idea, lets copy and paste what is said about them on fb before they delete it!

Here's an even better idea......
LET'S NOT !!
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

i cannot believe the prizes. top ones there thats for sure....but....

do we really think someone donated the lanc flight, accommodation, flights to canada etc? or did the VTTS but the oackage for the main prize?

went on and found no adverse comments so it has been cleaned up.
Shame, but i've bookmarked the page and will check in occassionally.

Whats really a shame is that they didnt feel strong enough to leave the adverse comments there, and reply to them en mass, with a decemt place holder like 'rest assured, every penny you spend with us is for the welfare and upkeep of Vulcan 5....5.......' oh hold on, i think ive answered my own question there. :lol:
Got to love Russianhardware

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

Brevet Cable wrote:
Marathon Milkshake wrote:heres a good idea, lets copy and paste what is said about them on fb before they delete it!

LET'S NOT !!

:up: Indeed.
This thread gets crazier by the day! :dizzy:

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

HeyfordDave111 wrote:do we really think someone donated the lanc flight, accommodation, flights to canada etc? or did the VTTS but the oackage for the main prize?

If you mean did VTST pay for the package, I'd have thought it unlikely given how much it would have cost.
More likely paid for/ 'donated' by one of their big donors and a special deal with the CWHM.

Edited to add.....

Reds Rolling wrote:
Brevet Cable wrote:

LET'S NOT !!

:up: Indeed.
This thread gets crazier by the day! :dizzy:

The problem is that just as there are those on both sides who only want to post a blinkered view.
Yes, VTST ( or someone who does their facebook page ) has again deleted negative posts, but it should be remembered that they aren't the only ones to do this....the most obvious example I can think of is when DBH ( or whoever does their facebook page ) deleted loads of posts relating to them not booking XH558 a few years ago.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Xm657

Post by Xm657 »

HeyfordDave111 wrote:went on and found no adverse comments so it has been cleaned up.
Shame, but i've bookmarked the page and will check in occassionally.

There's a fresh crop of comments criticizing the use of funds and high wages, etc. If you're quick you might catch a glimpse before Red Rolling gets such "crazyness" deleted.

Its actually a sponsored post that keeps coming into my Facebook feed. So ironically VttST are paying Facebook to reach people who leave them criticism, which the VttST then pay a social media expert to delete again. No wonder the fund raising can't be handled by volunteers, it must get complex making sure everything always smells of roses when you live next door to a sewage farm! :whistle:

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Further to my post in this thread of 28th May 2018 here...

We (staff) are fed up of having to deal with complaints caused by members (regardless of who they are) making claims that people are in reality someone else or hiding their affiliations to VTTS.etc. Without any evidence presented to support such statements.

Either proof is provided to support the claims when they are made or the claims stop. It is as simple as that.

We are seriously giving consideration to locking the thread, especially if problems continue. I must make it clear that if we do, it will be down to the repeated behaviour and attitude of posters, it will be your own fault.

Andy

p.s. This post is not out of the blue, we have received complaints over the past day or so.

Xm657

Post by Xm657 »

How on earth could anyone proove a vague username is actually someone specific? And if someone is to complain that they are being accused of being someone they are not, shouldn't they provide some proof to backup their complaint? If someone wants to accuse me of being Robert Pleming I'd be quite flattered, but even if I didn't like the accusation I dont really see how I would have grounds to complain unless I was accusing of being someone unpleasant - a known criminal or hated political figure for example.

This thread IS getting crazy now!

JetMan

Post by JetMan »

How long until we see “where has the ‘where has the XH558 thread gone’ thread gone?” on the forum board....

Crazy!