RIAT 2019

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2019

Post by boff180 »

:wat: :tongue2: :biggrin:

To clarify, the Chinese have publically said they want to attend European Airshows with August 1st... when, how, if, is anyones guess.... going on scale.etc one of the likely shows would be RIAT... if the political situation of it being a USAF operated base can be overcome.

As for Fumaca.... I just want to see them back with their Super Tucano, best scheme of any display team anywhere :smile:

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

More chance of that than getting anything new and different from Jordan i'd think. :biggrin:
Got to love Russianhardware

frank

Post by frank »

boff180 wrote::wat: :tongue2: :biggrin:

To clarify, the Chinese have publically said they want to attend European Airshows with August 1st... when, how, if, is anyones guess.... going on scale.etc one of the likely shows would be RIAT... if the political situation of it being a USAF operated base can be overcome.

As for Fumaca.... I just want to see them back with their Super Tucano, best scheme of any display team anywhere :smile:

Interesting comment above, do RIAT have to get agreement from the USA before they send an invitation to a country or indeed have the Americans ever vetoed a RIAT attendee.
:hypno:

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

frank wrote:Interesting comment above, do RIAT have to get agreement from the USA before they send an invitation to a country or indeed have the Americans ever vetoed a RIAT attendee.

DBH work with the MoD when sending invitations, and they are the ones who decide whether it is okay to send a certain nation an invitation. And I imagine they share the same views as the US on Russia, Iran etc.

frank

Post by frank »

Tmyers123 wrote:
frank wrote:Interesting comment above, do RIAT have to get agreement from the USA before they send an invitation to a country or indeed have the Americans ever vetoed a RIAT attendee.

DBH work with the MoD when sending invitations, and they are the ones who decide whether it is okay to send a certain nation an invitation. And I imagine they share the same views as the US on Russia, Iran etc.

The first part of your answer has been well documented in the past, the second half is speculative and doesn't really answer the question.

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

But you can’t deny that it is true in some respects, which would affect whether they are invited to a military airshow or not.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Tmyers123 wrote:But you can’t deny that it is true in some respects, which would affect whether they are invited to a military airshow or not.

It's probably very likely, I agree, but it's important to note that "I imagine" does not equal "you can't deny it's true", regardless of how obvious it might be.

Splitting hairs, I know, but it's always very important to know where to draw the line between what you know to be true, and what you guess. :smile:

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Tommy wrote:
Tmyers123 wrote:But you can’t deny that it is true in some respects, which would affect whether they are invited to a military airshow or not.

It's probably very likely, I agree, but it's important to note that "I imagine" does not equal "you can't deny it's true", regardless of how obvious it might be.

Splitting hairs, I know, but it's always very important to know where to draw the line between what you know to be true, and what you guess. :smile:
You can't deny (if you want to be taken seriously) that RIAT is run by a civilian organisation (RAFCTE), not the RAF or whatever air arm. So it isn't a military airshow.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

aviodromefriend wrote:You can't deny (if you want to be taken seriously) that RIAT is run by a civilian organisation (RAFCTE), not the RAF or whatever air arm. So it isn't a military airshow.

It is held at a military airfield and attended by dozens of military air arms. It’s organisers may be civilian but it is a military airshow.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Why are you always the first to respond and constantly trying to correct everything and everyone? :roll:

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Stop trying to cause arguments. I responded to the comment because it was referring to one of my previous posts, it’s not that difficult to grasp is it? PM me if you have such a big problem with everything I do. :up:

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Airshowhammer wrote:Why are you always the first to respond and constantly trying to correct everything and everyone? :roll:

I (as will the other staffers) won't tolerate any of the childish rubbish that went down in the 2018 thread reoccurring for 2019. So I will say this once.

Cut out the childish bitchy comments now. Only warning - to all members.

Andy

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

boff180 wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:Why are you always the first to respond and constantly trying to correct everything and everyone? :roll:

I (as will the other staffers) won't tolerate any of the childish rubbish that went down in the 2018 thread reoccurring for 2019. So I will say this once.

Cut out the childish bitchy comments now. Only warning - to all members.

Andy

You're not our real Dad anyway! :tongue2:

FB :wink: :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Just booked hotel for 2019! Missed 2018 to go to Cosford and RAF100 Flypast but going back for next summer :D

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Please keep the shuttle buses for arrivals and departure days thats all i ask!

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Airshowhammer wrote:Please keep the shuttle buses for arrivals and departure days thats all i ask!

Hoping that myself, if they have the shuttle bus for departures I will add an extra day on to my trip.

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

Who do you think are the most likely of all of the usaf demo teams to come to RIAT 2019?

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Like it has been said previously, the F-22 Demo Team attended a couple of years in a row and then took a break this year, which means it’s a possibility that it will return next year but I suppose it’s just as likely as any of their demo teams. Personally I’d love for the F-22 to display next year but the A-10 would be the star for sure.

aviodromefriend

None, or maybe an Osprey from Mildenhall.

It's a NATO anniversary show and Trump isn't pro-NATO, so why would he allow one of them to come over?

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

aviodromefriend wrote:None, or maybe an Osprey from Mildenhall.

It's a NATO anniversary show and Trump isn't pro-NATO, so why would he allow one of them to come over?

I’m pretty sure Trump couldn’t care less what goes to RIAT or not, considering its an airshow not a G20 summit.

aviodromefriend

Airshowhammer wrote:
aviodromefriend wrote:None, or maybe an Osprey from Mildenhall.

I’m pretty sure Trump couldn’t care less what goes to RIAT or not, considering its an airshow not a G20 summit.
I'm pretty sure Trump prefers to not use any material or pay tax money for anything to celebrate any organisation he is against.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

I'm pretty sure if the USAF just don't tell Trump it exists he'll never find out about it
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Always assuming he's still POTUS by then.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Well, quite
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

CJS

Post by CJS »

Wissam24 wrote:I'm pretty sure if the USAF just don't tell Trump it exists he'll never find out about it

Even if they do tell him exists he probably won't believe them anyway.

#fakeairshow
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"