Daks over Shuttleworth

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Daks over Shuttleworth

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Really annoyed and frustrated when the news broke that seven Dakotas from Duxford would be re-positioning to Shuttleworth for the Flying Festival airshow, as I had prior arrangements in London town and couldn't make the event itself. Fortunately, it soon became clear that the septet were due to arrive on Saturday afternoon, so I didn't have to miss out after all! Happy days.

And a handful from a much smaller scale D-Day event held at North Weald. Sadly the weather wasn't playing ball, but it was interesting chatting to the AeroLegends guys regardless.

"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

andy759

Re: Daks over Shuttleworth

Post by andy759 »

cracking set of Pics & a lot better than what was achievable at duxford on the 4th June
well certainly from my point of view

andy

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

What beautiful scenes, expertly captured. Lovely stuff :clap:

This is the one location and/or event that seems to have done justice to aircraft that have come an awful long way to be over here.

austinp

Post by austinp »

Fantastic set, thanks for sharing :-)

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Thanks chaps. This was the only 'event' that I could really make for the Dakotas, and as it turns out I think it looked like probably the best part of the lot..? Monday was a possible, but that was wiped out when I didn't get home from the gig in London until 3:30am on Sunday night/Monday morning. :cuppa:

As it turns out, I don't look at anything else that occurred over the week or so and feel like I missed out on too much - seven Dakotas at Shuttleworth is better than 20 at Duxford IMO, so I'm happy. :biggrin:

The only slight irritation with OW was the late arrival of a Chipmunk just ahead of the Dakotas, inevitably parking right in the middle of my line-of-sight for touchdown shots. Grrr. :mad: :lol:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

bigcrow

Post by bigcrow »

Fantastic shots, I fully agree with OW being the best the best location for shots, I was there on the Sunday & its was great for photos as we all know OW is. I was never sure on Duxford due to the fact it being tricky inside for photography due to the light, so I was very pleased when the annouced that some of the American Dak's were to attend this... :smile: