RIAT 2019

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Tmyers123

Re: RIAT 2019

Post by Tmyers123 »

We are also planning two special flypasts for Sunday 21 July...

[fb-post]https://www.facebook.com/139578839386689/posts/2477222608955622?sfns=mo[/fb-post]

jason82wells

Post by jason82wells »

Sorry - I thought you guys meant the participants and/or themes of said Sunday flypasts have been known for weeks - my bad.

Atm I'm reading that as nothing more than they're "trying". That said, they are under a bit of pressure to restore balance but still don't see anything being guaranteed.

CJS

Post by CJS »

frank wrote:
CJS wrote:
Flare Path wrote:Delighted British Airways will be part of the flying display. Hope the 747 will be allowed to fly through solo at least once. :up:

I can't off the top of my head recall a flypast where the RAFAT have joined something and then 'unjoined' it part way through. I would expect 2 passes, as per the A380 / RAFAT flypast a few years back.

Sunday's flypast confirmed:
:hide:

So I think this is the 4th whinge you have made about the Sunday flying display. It`s all getting a bit tedious now - they are trying to do their best. You can always buy a ticket for the saturday you know

I can't actually, if you'd actually read any of my so called whinges you'd know that.

Anyway, pardon me for having an opinion and voicing it. I'll make sure I resist the temptation in the future :up:

Terribly sorry, what what...
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

harkins

Post by harkins »

Don’t worry Chris, this place is crawling with those with higher morals and superiority complexes. I’m a Mach3 holder again, yet I really feel for and understand the concerns of anyone who is or can only attend Sunday. It’s human nature to hope and wish for the best. I hope DBH get lucky and something that Saturday ticket holders will wish they could see gets announced to even things up a bit. And remember, there’s always the English summer weather on hand to completely f@#€ up whatever is arranged for any day.

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

jason82wells wrote:Sorry - I thought you guys meant the participants and/or themes of said Sunday flypasts have been known for weeks - my bad.

Atm I'm reading that as nothing more than they're "trying". That said, they are under a bit of pressure to restore balance but still don't see anything being guaranteed.

Jason...I'd likely say that even confirmed aircraft are not actually guaranteed until they are sitting there on the deck....there have been a number of aircraft that have confirmed over the years but have been a no show for various reasons....two more serious examples being the previously mentioned Romanian IL28 and Pelican 16,the South African Shackleton which crashed in the Sahara en route to the UK for the show.

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

parsley wrote:Jason...I'd likely say that even confirmed aircraft are not actually guaranteed until they are sitting there on the deck....

If the ATL2 is anything to go by, then even that isn’t enough.

jason82wells

Post by jason82wells »

parsley wrote:
jason82wells wrote:Sorry - I thought you guys meant the participants and/or themes of said Sunday flypasts have been known for weeks - my bad.

Jason...I'd likely say that even confirmed aircraft are not actually guaranteed until they are sitting there on the deck....there have been a number of aircraft that have confirmed over the years but have been a no show for various reasons....two more serious examples being the previously mentioned Romanian IL28 and Pelican 16,the South African Shackleton which crashed in the Sahara en route to the UK for the show.

I know, it's not there till it's there but seems to be very little to go on right now regarding the Sunday specials.

Tmyers123 wrote:
parsley wrote:Jason...I'd likely say that even confirmed aircraft are not actually guaranteed until they are sitting there on the deck....

If the ATL2 is anything to go by, then even that isn’t enough.

Indeed. I remember watching it depart during arrivals.

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

Just been working out I have seen the Reds over 18 times but I will still photograph them this year to get some different angles.

CJS

Post by CJS »

You might not actually get any :lol:

It's nice to be able to see them on the deck, a stroll over to the east end is often worth it. The Vampire pair were right by the rope last year, the Red Bull Mitchell in [inset correct year] was similarly close. And there is something quite cool about just how perfectly lined up the RAFAT are (and the other teams too of course).

sopwithflyer

Post by sopwithflyer »

CJS wrote:
frank wrote:
CJS wrote:
Flare Path wrote:Delighted British Airways will be part of the flying display. Hope the 747 will be allowed to fly through solo at least once. :up:

I can't off the top of my head recall a flypast where the RAFAT have joined something and then 'unjoined' it part way through. I would expect 2 passes, as per the A380 / RAFAT flypast a few years back.

So I think this is the 4th whinge you have made about the Sunday flying display. It`s all getting a bit tedious now - they are trying to do their best. You can always buy a ticket for the saturday you know

I can't actually, if you'd actually read any of my so called whinges you'd know that.

Anyway, pardon me for having an opinion and voicing it. I'll make sure I resist the temptation in the future :up:

I hope you value the opinions of the parents of your pupils. The amount of times my kids had to watch some cr4p play performed by hippies dressed in paper mache attire, or tolerated hippy groups, banging drums made from empty milk bottles while the other schools went to Alton towers was unreal. I hope that's not you Chris, fleecing parents out of another £10 to support the offspring of Greenham Common while the other kids have a much more exciting trip.

Adie1980

Post by Adie1980 »

CJS wrote:You might not actually get any :lol:

It's nice to be able to see them on the deck, a stroll over to the east end is often worth it. The Vampire pair were right by the rope last year, the Red Bull Mitchell in [inset correct year] was similarly close. And there is something quite cool about just how perfectly lined up the RAFAT are (and the other teams too of course).

2013 :wink:

harkins

Post by harkins »

This thread is now reminding me of Viz. The character Roger Irrelevant springs to mind.

JJC

Post by JJC »

harkins wrote:This thread is now reminding me of Viz. The character Roger Irrelevant springs to mind.

Indeed, consistently plumbing new depths.
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

harkins wrote:This thread is now reminding me of Viz. The character Roger Irrelevant springs to mind.

What would you prefer - nothing then just talk about a new update from the official site.

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

JJC wrote:

What would you prefer - nothing then just talk about a new update from the official site.

Same question to you.

I think people are just filling in time with genearal banter about RIAT and airshows - till updates come our way, seems ok to me.

JJC

Post by JJC »

IATthenRIAT wrote:
JJC wrote:

Same question to you.

I think people are just filling in time with genearal banter about RIAT and airshows - till updates come our way, seems ok to me.

There’s the Waffle and Off-Topic forum for anything unrelated to RIAT or a specific show.

Anyway, my comments weren’t aimed at your post.

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

JJC wrote:
IATthenRIAT wrote:
JJC wrote:

Same question to you.

There’s the Waffle and Off-Topic forum for anything unrelated to RIAT or a specific show.

Anyway, my comments weren’t aimed at your post.

No problem, I think some banter (not to serious - light hearted and interesting) makes this section more interesting - like I say while we are waiting on the updates.

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

sopwithflyer wrote:
CJS wrote:
frank wrote:
CJS wrote:

I hope you value the opinions of the parents of your pupils. The amount of times my kids had to watch some cr4p play performed by hippies dressed in paper mache attire, or tolerated hippy groups, banging drums made from empty milk bottles while the other schools went to Alton towers was unreal. I hope that's not you Chris, fleecing parents out of another £10 to support the offspring of Greenham Common while the other kids have a much more exciting trip.

Why have you brought up the fact that CJS is a teacher - which is frankly irrelevant - and then spouted a load of cr4p yourself? Please stay on topic.

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

Wonder what proportion of the flightlines will be on the south side this year - would obviously benefit us photogs.

CJS

Post by CJS »

sopwithflyer wrote:
CJS wrote:
frank wrote:
CJS wrote:

Bit unnecessary Sopwith, don't you think? I've sent you a PM.

Edit: sorry Jalfrezi, I didn't get as far as your post before replying!

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

Banter mode on.................

Personally, I reckon those going on the Saturday will be very jealous as to what will fly on Sunday.

I remember last year or the year before, that an Osprey flew on the Saturday, yet come the Sunday this was replaced by a B2. I think various message boards went into meltdown over it :grin: :grin:

I've heard from many sources, none of them related or have anything to do with RIAT and just appearing in my dreams, that a B1, B2, B52 and an F117 will be doing a joint flypast on the Sunday as a NATO celebration :lol: :lol:

But then again, it will probably just be another washout..............

Banter mode off.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

Airwolfhound wrote:Banter mode on.................

Personally, I reckon those going on the Saturday will be very jealous as to what will fly on Sunday.

I remember last year or the year before, that an Osprey flew on the Saturday, yet come the Sunday this was replaced by a B2. I think various message boards went into meltdown over it :grin: :grin:

I've heard from many sources, none of them related or have anything to do with RIAT and just appearing in my dreams, that a B1, B2, B-52 and an F-117 will be doing a joint flypast on the Sunday as a NATO celebration :lol: :lol:

But then again, it will probably just be another washout..............

Banter mode off.

2017 was a pretty annoying situation if you only attended the Saturday as not only were a lot of acts affected by the poor weather (F-22 scrubbed) but then come Sunday whispers of a B-2 appeared so that along with the much improved weather resulted in it being a fantastic day but quite the bitter pill for those stuck at home having been disappointed with the Saturday experience.

Unless you go every day you will always run the risk of missing out on something.
Last edited by Andyperkins on Wed 12 Jun 2019, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

Our two harriers taking part in Baltops.

JJC

Post by JJC »

IATthenRIAT wrote:Our two harriers taking part in Baltops.

I wouldn’t say no to them sending one of those lovely Sea Kings as well...

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

Airwolfhound wrote:Banter mode on.................

I've heard from many sources, none of them related or have anything to do with RIAT and just appearing in my dreams, that a B1, B2, B-52 and an F-117 will be doing a joint flypast on the Sunday as a NATO celebration :lol: :lol:

Banter mode off.

You forgot the SR-71.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)