FIA 2020 Participants

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff
Posts: 8987
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 2:28 pm
Location: Solihull
Contact:

FIA 2020 Participants

Post by boff180 »

Confirmed or Self Announced participants at what is being billed as the largest ever Farnborough International Airshow... so large it’s 2 days smaller..... :whistle:

Static-
DC-10 Flying Eye Hospital - Orbis

Flying
eStarling eVTOL - 50% scale demonstrator

User avatar
CJS
Posts: 7338
Joined: Thu 15 Jul 2010, 3:30 pm
Location: Hogwarts

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by CJS »

Well at the moment it's far and away the biggest airshow of 2020...
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?

farnboroughrob
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri 05 Jun 2009, 8:31 am

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by farnboroughrob »

Biggest ever does not necessary mean that in terms of aircraft. More likely to mean most exhibitors and trade visitors ever. Will be interesting to see what flies? I can see the F-35 being the only flying fast jet because lack of others that are in production and it fits well into the small space available.

Flare Path
Posts: 3051
Joined: Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:53 pm

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by Flare Path »

With it being Monday - Friday only this year will there be any tickets available for any of those days. Ideally, Mon - Wed? How strict is the vetting process for those wanting to attend, with no industry connections? I'd be willing to pay, if that makes any difference. Just not a Farnborough ransom, that's all... :biggrin:

User avatar
capercaillie
Posts: 7722
Joined: Mon 01 Sep 2008, 3:04 pm
Location: Leominster

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by capercaillie »

farnboroughrob wrote: I can see the F-35 being the only flying fast jet because lack of others that are in production and it fits well into the small space available.


Fingers crossed its a skip. :whistle:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

Stagger2
Posts: 1498
Joined: Thu 16 Jun 2011, 8:46 am

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by Stagger2 »

Flare Path wrote:With it being Monday - Friday only this year will there be any tickets available for any of those days. Ideally, Mon - Wed? How strict is the vetting process for those wanting to attend, with no industry connections? I'd be willing to pay, if that makes any difference. Just not a Farnborough ransom, that's all... :biggrin:


Advice on the Forum for previous years, Dress like you belong. Get business cards from Vistaprint. Attend in max' group of 2. Don't carry telescope, notepad or SLR with 600mm lens!Simples! :cool:

Stagger2
Posts: 1498
Joined: Thu 16 Jun 2011, 8:46 am

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by Stagger2 »

capercaillie wrote:
farnboroughrob wrote: I can see the F-35 being the only flying fast jet because lack of others that are in production and it fits well into the small space available.


Fingers crossed its a skip. :whistle:

Wrong! Small space is a Portaloo, because the F-35B is a turd & that's where they go! IMHO. :biggrin: :yahoo:

User avatar
Jetnoise
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 11:31 am
Location: Ashford Middlesex, UK
Contact:

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by Jetnoise »

Flare Path wrote: I'd be willing to pay, if that makes any difference. Just not a Farnborough ransom, that's all... :biggrin:


Of course you will pay (unless you blag a freebie from one of the exhibiting companies) - trade tickets in 2018 were £38.40 incl. VAT and booking fees.

Cheers,
Ralph
www.ralphluntphotography.com
www.jetnoise.co.uk
There's only one way to skin a cat - with a very sharp knife.

User avatar
CJS
Posts: 7338
Joined: Thu 15 Jul 2010, 3:30 pm
Location: Hogwarts

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by CJS »

capercaillie wrote:
farnboroughrob wrote: I can see the F-35 being the only flying fast jet because lack of others that are in production and it fits well into the small space available.


Fingers crossed its a skip. :whistle:


Or it'll be the only fast jet flying because the rest of the lineup is crap like it was last year.

Oh and Caper - :worship: genius as per :grin:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?

Amp
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu 26 Oct 2017, 9:07 am

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by Amp »

Yeah, let's start moaning about it before we know anything about it,
(other than the charitable eye hospital which is well worth visiting and donating). Remember that it is a trade show (every two years) with some amazing rarely seen in the UK exhibits. Instead of all jumping on the negativity band-wagon, just read last years nonsense.

User avatar
CJS
Posts: 7338
Joined: Thu 15 Jul 2010, 3:30 pm
Location: Hogwarts

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by CJS »

Amp wrote:Yeah, let's start moaning about it before we know anything about it,
(other than the charitable eye hospital which is well worth visiting and donating). Remember that it is a trade show (every two years) with some amazing rarely seen in the UK exhibits. Instead of all jumping on the negativity band-wagon, just read last years nonsense.


When you say last year's nonsense, I presume you mean the public flying display list, right?
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?

User avatar
lynothehammer
Posts: 1668
Joined: Mon 26 Jan 2009, 9:45 pm
Location: Camberley, Surey

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by lynothehammer »

I've been on trade days for the last 5 shows, never once been questioned about my clothing (and I'm a scruffbag).

Trade days are always much more enjoyable due to the airfield not being over crowded, plus you get to see stuff that you won't see at most other airshows in the UK. Who doesn't like to see an airliner being thrown about ? :)

farnboroughrob
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri 05 Jun 2009, 8:31 am

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by farnboroughrob »

Never had any issues getting trade day tickets for 20 years. Personally I like that it is trade only days, it has been a long time coming. When thinking of coming accept the flying is a small part of the event and is not there to entertain you, its there to sell aircraft. Same with the static positioning, they are not there to look nice in photos. However if you want to see mega rare aircraft like Ethopian DHC8, Delta CRJ, Australian D328, US Army AH-64, Portuguese CN295 etc then this is the place to go. So accept it for its limitations.

User avatar
Harlequin67
UKAR Supporter
Posts: 989
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 5:13 pm
Location: Near LHR
Contact:

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by Harlequin67 »

farnboroughrob wrote:Never had any issues getting trade day tickets for 20 years. Personally I like that it is trade only days, it has been a long time coming. When thinking of coming accept the flying is a small part of the event and is not there to entertain you, its there to sell aircraft. Same with the static positioning, they are not there to look nice in photos. However if you want to see mega rare aircraft like Ethopian DHC8, Delta CRJ, Australian D328, US Army AH-64, Portuguese CN295 etc then this is the place to go. So accept it for its limitations.


If you want the typical UK airshow experience, "cheap" burgers, fighting at the crowdline, step ladders, etc this is not it.

The trade day vendor stalls are more expensive, more geared for trade people. Shirt and trousers will attract less attention than shorts and flip flops. I work very close to Farnborough, so I am already in appropriate clothing (My pink leather tutu is fine!) and can walk to the admission gate.

As the quoted post states if you want to see, not even photograph well or easily some rare gems then FI is for you. If you want aircrews with items for sale on folding tables this is not the event for you.

I tend not to go Monday's that is normally the opening day and big "event". Let the show have that day without me there. I go mid-week. Hope that the air display retains some Monday flyers and enjoy what I see. I am all about enjoying what is in front of me....not being disappointed because X is not there! (I will qualify that by saying if I went Tuesday and the Area 51 fly saucer flew on Monday only I would be....upset... :lol: ).
Aviation photographer - Achievement unlocked

User avatar
capercaillie
Posts: 7722
Joined: Mon 01 Sep 2008, 3:04 pm
Location: Leominster

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by capercaillie »

lynothehammer wrote: Who doesn't like to see an airliner being thrown about ? :)


Passengers? :dunno: :hide: :sick:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff
Posts: 8987
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 2:28 pm
Location: Solihull
Contact:

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by boff180 »

Oh look I may have posted 50% of a flying participant :biggrin:

User avatar
lynothehammer
Posts: 1668
Joined: Mon 26 Jan 2009, 9:45 pm
Location: Camberley, Surey

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by lynothehammer »

Tickets have gone on sale for the public Friday, £25 so at least its not stupid money...

User avatar
CJS
Posts: 7338
Joined: Thu 15 Jul 2010, 3:30 pm
Location: Hogwarts

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by CJS »

Cracking line up so far :up:

1.5 aircraft :lol:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?

User avatar
Jetnoise
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 11:31 am
Location: Ashford Middlesex, UK
Contact:

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by Jetnoise »

Trade tickets are also now available at £37.00 + VAT....

The link that I originally posted is now broken - looks like it was restricted.

Cheers,
Ralph
Last edited by Jetnoise on Mon 27 Jan 2020, 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.ralphluntphotography.com
www.jetnoise.co.uk
There's only one way to skin a cat - with a very sharp knife.

bobby 1211
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu 21 Mar 2019, 5:25 pm

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by bobby 1211 »

RAF Tutor self-confirmed flying

scudpilot
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed 14 Mar 2018, 1:51 pm

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by scudpilot »

Amp wrote: Remember that it is a trade show (every two years) with some amazing rarely seen in the UK exhibits. Instead of all jumping on the negativity band-wagon, just read last years nonsense.


This made my year!

ImageBristol Sycamore by Jim Pritchard, on Flickr

User avatar
capercaillie
Posts: 7722
Joined: Mon 01 Sep 2008, 3:04 pm
Location: Leominster

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by capercaillie »

Amp wrote: Remember that it is a trade show (every two years) with some amazing rarely seen in the UK exhibits.


So even worse for everyone else then? :dunno:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

Tom105
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri 29 Apr 2016, 5:15 pm

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by Tom105 »

Friday tickets now available 25 Pounds or free is 21 or under!
Thomas

FlankerPhoto
Posts: 591
Joined: Tue 25 Jun 2019, 3:43 pm

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by FlankerPhoto »

Friday classed as a trade day this year so, we can only hope half of it doesn't bugger off mid week.

User avatar
Offbreed
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat 06 Sep 2008, 12:45 pm

Re: FIA 2020 Participants

Post by Offbreed »

Any chance we might see a Boeing 777X at FIA20 ?

Post Reply