traveling by BA, check your e-mail

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
tankbuster

traveling by BA, check your e-mail

Post by tankbuster »

BA are sending out cancellations because of the pending strike. Strike starts 9th Sep but they have cancelled me on the 8th.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

JohnH

Re: traveling by BA, check your e-mail

Post by JohnH »

I was meant to be going out on the 9th, but despite publiclly saying they would 'do everything they could' to get people to their destinations, yet again they have done nothing but cancel the flight. Offering no help or solutions whats so ever.

This is the second time in a month they have cancelled a flight I had booked. I am seriously peed off. I have spent the morning sorting out other flights with another airline. I'm going to be spending a good portion of the day for each flight travelling as I can't get a direct flight without spending hundreds more.

Unlike the last flight I had with them, they cancelled this flight in time to avoid paying compensation. Not that I've heard anything about my compensation claim for my last flight mind you.

It's about time BA actually understood the meaning of 'scheduled' and ran the flights that they publish a timetable for.

As for the pilots demands, just don't get me going on that.

Even as a member of their frequent flyer programme, I will seriousy have to consider if I use them again.

A truly peed off, disgruntelled passenger.

frank

Post by frank »

They cancelled my flights for the 11th but I couldn't reschedule my flights and I think that was because we used Avios points for the original flight. I had to cancel and rebook for the full price. How do I stand on that - it cost me hundreds of pounds extra.
Another disgruntled customer

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

BA have now mailed me to say they have decided not to cancel my flight after all. Fortunately some very nice people at Austrian allowed me to cancel my replacement flight. What a fiasco.
Trevor C

frank

Post by frank »

tankbuster wrote:BA have now mailed me to say they have decided not to cancel my flight after all. Fortunately some very nice people at Austrian allowed me to cancel my replacement flight. What a fiasco.

Me too but I am the phone right now with BA and the guy is telling me the flight was never cancelled and is stalling me on giving a refund on my old flight - can you believe this. 30 minutes into a call as I type

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

frank wrote:
tankbuster wrote:BA have now mailed me to say they have decided not to cancel my flight after all. Fortunately some very nice people at Austrian allowed me to cancel my replacement flight. What a fiasco.

Me too but I am the phone right now with BA and the guy is telling me the flight was never cancelled and is stalling me on giving a refund on my old flight - can you believe this. 30 minutes into a call as I type

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Good Luck
Trevor C

frank

Post by frank »

still on the phone :shock:

stickshaker

Post by stickshaker »

Don't just go by the emails - check your 'manage my booking' to see whether it is cancelled. Apparently a lot of emails have gone out 'in error'.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

British Airways has admitted it made a mistake when it advised passengers flights were cancelled, and told them to book new ones.

BA apologised for any concern caused and said the email was an "error".

"We are getting in touch with all those customers this afternoon to clarify that their flight will go ahead as planned," a spokesman said.

"We are sorry for any confusion and inconvenience this has caused."

He encouraged anyone who had spent money on new flights to get in touch. "We will deal with each case on an individual basis," he added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49460958

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

frank

Post by frank »

Thanks Brian, will use this. I got the bums rush after 1 hour plus on the phone

frank

Post by frank »

frank wrote:Thanks Brian, will use this. I got the bums rush after 1 hour plus on the phone

After two days of long phone calls I got a full refund - it was just so hard to get them to understand it was my money not theirs. Alls well...… etc