Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby darkman on Tue 03 Sep 2019, 8:06 am

Thanks for the update Jenna

Has the Avenger also dropped of the list. Can only see one listed now
darkman

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby Col. Chibani on Tue 03 Sep 2019, 12:14 pm

On the other hand, P-40 F G-CGZP has been added.
User avatar
Col. Chibani

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby darkman on Tue 03 Sep 2019, 12:18 pm

Col. Chibani wrote:On the other hand, P-40 F G-CGZP has been added.


Noticed that :yahoo:
Also a Trojan sneaked in to the display schedule as well. Looking forward to seeing it
darkman

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby Mike on Tue 03 Sep 2019, 12:19 pm

...and a second Sea Fury :ninja:
Mike

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby darkman on Tue 03 Sep 2019, 12:53 pm

Indeed. There was a Fury and a Sea Fury previously listed so not sure if that's the two or if the Fury is out and the Sea Fury replaced it.

Also updated schedule now has 2 Trojans :yahoo:
darkman

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby Jenna on Tue 03 Sep 2019, 7:26 pm

darkman wrote:Thanks for the update Jenna

Has the Avenger also dropped of the list. Can only see one listed now



mechanical and technical issues, problems are unfortunate having to be dealt with, :(

darkman wrote:Indeed. There was a Fury and a Sea Fury previously listed so not sure if that's the two or if the Fury is out and the Sea Fury replaced it.

Also updated schedule now has 2 Trojans :yahoo:


I am sure you will like the additions and the fury? Well you'll like it! First outside home country show apperance for this aircraft for sure!

Mike wrote:...and a second Sea Fury :ninja:



It's not a sea fury.... its a fury but a special one with an original Birstol....
Jenna

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby Mike on Tue 03 Sep 2019, 9:36 pm

Looks to be a cracking line-up. I thoroughly enjoyed last year's inaugural event and am really looking forward to this weekend.
Mike

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby darkman on Wed 04 Sep 2019, 8:13 am

Thanks again Jenna

Really looking forward to the show. My first on foreign soil :cool:

Great looking lineup.
darkman

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby Jenna on Wed 04 Sep 2019, 11:46 am

As you can see on the site now.

OO-ISS making its debut on the airshow circuit after a long stay in Antwerp...!
And as mentioned berfore P40-F warhawk.... This is the repalcement of the P-36G
Jenna

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby Col. Chibani on Wed 04 Sep 2019, 12:45 pm

So the P-36 is to drop also from Sunday program ? to be replaced by the P-40F ?

The weather forecast is evolving as fast as the programs on these last days.
Saturday is now announced quite affirmatively with a 10% chance of rain on the afternoon.
50% for Sunday.

But this will not prevent me from attending !
User avatar
Col. Chibani

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby Wissam24 on Wed 04 Sep 2019, 12:55 pm

Interesting changes, Belgian Fury is top drawer
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
User avatar
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby The Baron on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 8:45 am

I had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend at Melun. Really pleased I went. Definitely a sort of La Ferté-Alais lite type show (no complaints here!) with some wonderful classic jets present. Rafale and A-400M were exceptional as were so many of the war bird set pieces, and who can forget the C-47/P-51/PdeF flypast?!
The only thing I can say against it was that some aircraft had very short displays - the T-33 on Saturday was much shorter than Sunday and the Alizé performed just one flypast.
Other than that a brilliant show.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
User avatar
The Baron

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby darkman on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 11:36 am

Agree as above. Excellent show but also confused by some of the rather short displays.

Any idea what happened to the Sabre
darkman

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby Mike on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 12:43 pm

Sabre was stuck at Zeltweg by the weather I believe.
Mike

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby Col. Chibani on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 1:35 pm

darkman wrote:Excellent show but also confused by some of the rather short displays.


Same feeling for me (on Sunday).
B. Chabbert indicated that, due to operational constraints, the Rafale Marine pilots didn't have time for rehearsal and flew directly home to meet their families.

Maybe the organization focused on quantity (and quality), but, despite some cancellations, it was at the expense of each flight duration.
This airshow has still to find its program, its public and its tempo.
User avatar
Col. Chibani

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby Domvickery on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 7:58 pm

Col. Chibani wrote:
darkman wrote:Excellent show but also confused by some of the rather short displays.


Same feeling for me (on Sunday).
B. Chabbert indicated that, due to operational constraints, the Rafale Marine pilots didn't have time for rehearsal and flew directly home to meet their families.

Maybe the organization focused on quantity (and quality), but, despite some cancellations, it was at the expense of each flight duration.
This airshow has still to find its program, its public and its tempo.


Well if this was what they can do whilst finding their feet, they can count on my attendance for the next few years so I can find out what they can do when they’ve found them
Inventor of the baguette scale
Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby Wissam24 on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 12:24 pm

My only actual issue with the whole weekend was that the early access to the static afforded by the spotters package felt pretty pointless when almost every aircraft had its covers on until the general public entered anyway. Seemed like a waste of time getting up so early and paying that money to not get any photographs.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
User avatar
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby Mike on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 2:06 pm

To be fair, the price of the spotter's package was less than the price of daily entry plus flightline access. And canopy covers early in the day is a perennial problem at many airshows, including the Duxford flightline walks. I can't help you with the getting up early bit though, we had a nice leisurely breakfast and rolled up at about 10 each day! :lol:

It was an absolutely cracking event. Yes, I did notice that some of the routines were quite short, but that did mean we got more items flying.

Roll on next year's Air Legends!
Mike

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby st24 on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 4:39 pm

Wissam24 wrote:My only actual issue with the whole weekend was that the early access to the static afforded by the spotters package felt pretty pointless when almost every aircraft had its covers on until the general public entered anyway. Seemed like a waste of time getting up so early and paying that money to not get any photographs.

Almost every aircraft?? Really? The T-33 and Hurricane certainly and a few others but surely not all that many?!? The biggest bugbear of the access was the annoying cloud that hung on each morning in my book. Just think that could have been Duxfords crappy effort of a flight line walk.
Only disappointment for me (now knowing the FrN Rafale situation) was the Alize only doing a single flypast, then buggering off - really frustrating! Oh and the dust, by god that stuff gets absolutely everywhere, I'm still finding it in crevices... :pinkwafer:
Overall a superb weekend, fabulous show, roll on next year's edition! :up:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby Domvickery on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 5:36 pm

st24 wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:My only actual issue with the whole weekend was that the early access to the static afforded by the spotters package felt pretty pointless when almost every aircraft had its covers on until the general public entered anyway. Seemed like a waste of time getting up so early and paying that money to not get any photographs.

Almost every aircraft?? Really? The T-33 and Hurricane certainly and a few others but surely not all that many?!? The biggest bugbear of the access was the annoying cloud that hung on each morning in my book. Just think that could have been Duxfords crappy effort of a flight line walk.
Only disappointment for me (now knowing the FrN Rafale situation) was the Alize only doing a single flypast, then buggering off - really frustrating! Oh and the dust, by god that stuff gets absolutely everywhere, I'm still finding it in crevices... :pinkwafer:
Overall a superb weekend, fabulous show, roll on next year's edition! :up:


There were loads, all the jets, both Skyraiders, P-40s, Avenger, in fact the only aircraft that didnt (that I can remember were the Corsair, some of the extras & the Magister team
Inventor of the baguette scale
Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby st24 on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 5:54 pm

Domvickery wrote:
st24 wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:My only actual issue with the whole weekend was that the early access to the static afforded by the spotters package felt pretty pointless when almost every aircraft had its covers on until the general public entered anyway. Seemed like a waste of time getting up so early and paying that money to not get any photographs.

Almost every aircraft?? Really? The T-33 and Hurricane certainly and a few others but surely not all that many?!? The biggest bugbear of the access was the annoying cloud that hung on each morning in my book. Just think that could have been Duxfords crappy effort of a flight line walk.
Only disappointment for me (now knowing the FrN Rafale situation) was the Alize only doing a single flypast, then buggering off - really frustrating! Oh and the dust, by god that stuff gets absolutely everywhere, I'm still finding it in crevices... :pinkwafer:
Overall a superb weekend, fabulous show, roll on next year's edition! :up:


There were loads, all the jets, both Skyraiders, P-40s, Avenger, in fact the only aircraft that didnt (that I can remember were the Corsair, some of the extras & the Magister team

That's weird, perhaps I went in a little later than you (Sunday only) as I really can't recall it being an issue. Not early doors but certainly before the GP...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby Wissam24 on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 6:43 pm

Domvickery wrote:
st24 wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:My only actual issue with the whole weekend was that the early access to the static afforded by the spotters package felt pretty pointless when almost every aircraft had its covers on until the general public entered anyway. Seemed like a waste of time getting up so early and paying that money to not get any photographs.

Almost every aircraft?? Really? The T-33 and Hurricane certainly and a few others but surely not all that many?!? The biggest bugbear of the access was the annoying cloud that hung on each morning in my book. Just think that could have been Duxfords crappy effort of a flight line walk.
Only disappointment for me (now knowing the FrN Rafale situation) was the Alize only doing a single flypast, then buggering off - really frustrating! Oh and the dust, by god that stuff gets absolutely everywhere, I'm still finding it in crevices... :pinkwafer:
Overall a superb weekend, fabulous show, roll on next year's edition! :up:


There were loads, all the jets, both Skyraiders, P-40s, Avenger, in fact the only aircraft that didnt (that I can remember were the Corsair, some of the extras & the Magister team


Most of the Yaks too.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
User avatar
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby Elliott Marsh on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 6:55 am

I understand that the crew bus didn't arrive until 0930, which may account for the covers situation.

This was one of the best airshows of recent years for me - excellent line-up translated to a dynamic and superbly executed flying display.

How great it is to see closer display flying too, the far left being particularly good for this.

Last year was a grand start, this year solidified Melun as a must-see event. Alizé aside, I can't really fault it.
Elliott Marsh

Re: Paris-Villaroche Air Legend 2019

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Mon 30 Sep 2019, 6:32 pm

  • "Juicy Melun" - Dan Ledwood pottered over to Melun-Villaroche Aerodrome.

    Image Image Image
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
User avatar
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Previous

Return to European Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests