Cobra Warrior at Waddington

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
capercaillie

Cobra Warrior at Waddington

Post by capercaillie »

A trip up on the first Wednesday of the exercise, gusty but the sun shone at the right times. Israelis used the west side taxiway for the first time understandably avoiding the absolute hordes gathered outside.
Imagecw ger0 by Paul Downes, on Flickr

Imagecw isr 583 1 by Paul Downes, on Flickr

Imagecw isr 706 1 by Paul Downes, on Flickr

Imagecw it1 by Paul Downes, on Flickr

Imagecw isr 715 1 by Paul Downes, on Flickr

Imagecw ger1 by Paul Downes, on Flickr

Imagecw it2 by Paul Downes, on Flickr

Imagecw isr 810 2 by Paul Downes, on Flickr

Imagecw it4 by Paul Downes, on Flickr

Imagecw isr 733 1 by Paul Downes, on Flickr

Imagecw it3 by Paul Downes, on Flickr

Imagecw isr 583 2 by Paul Downes, on Flickr

Imagecw ger2 by Paul Downes, on Flickr

Imagecw isr 980 1 by Paul Downes, on Flickr

Imagecw it5 by Paul Downes, on Flickr

Imagecw isr 810 1 by Paul Downes, on Flickr
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

bigcrow

Re: Cobra Warrior at Waddington

Post by bigcrow »

Nice ones Paul, out of interest where was the first shot taken from?

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Thanks Stu, pm sent.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Nice set of shots here. Always worth a little wander to mix-up the POV. Surprised you didn't get claustrophobic at your first location. :wink:

ChrisF15

Post by ChrisF15 »

Where was the first one taken. I don’t visit this base much but would like different places to shot from.

Many thanks for your help.

Chris

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Hi Chris, pm sent. :smile:

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Jeez! Where's the problem in using Google Maps & a modicum of sense to match the view in shot 1 to an area just adjacent CG-1 on the A15? It's base-side of A15 outside the R/w 20 traffic lights on the Bracebridge Heath side, give or take a millimetre! :facepalm: I could do a painting, but the photo is clearer! :wink:
Surely everything doesn't have to be spoon-fed these days, or are we all going back to being Techi' newbies? :dunno:

fideaux

Post by fideaux »

Just popped in to see the fun and games...

Staggered as usual... Fancy giving the game away!!!! (Given the previous replies had been done by pm! )

Jeez.... Mind you don't know why two requests were replied by pm!!!!!
Secret squirrel rules OK!
Ha! T'internet's a funny place... a little kindly help for Chris F15 and others wouldn't have hurt too much.

Popping out... Toodle pip.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Oh dear :facepalm: What have I done?

No secret squirreling, no I don't know something you don't or any other if you go down to the woods today surprises I'm afraid. :ninja: Sadly I'm the sort who never knew about the E-4 and Cobra Ball at Mildenhall the other Saturday or I'd have popped along probably.

Yes, you know where it is, there were some guys up on huge ladders there when I took the German Typhoons taxiing, who were up over the fence by the crash gate and were asked to move by base police, they didn't bother with me and my two step by the little wooden gate. There are some sensitive operators involved in the exercise who have already avoided using the close taxiway so I used a little discretion in the replies to those asking. Hopefully everyone is happy now. And relax. :smile: :cuppa:

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Just to be clear, I'm perfectly happy with Caper's discretionary posting. My issue is that nobody wants to do their own research/investigation anymore. It frustrates me that people (especially more experienced ones) are now totally reliant upon clicking a point on a device & selecting "Go there now!" I'm guessing if the phone battery goes flat they may never get home? :facepalm:
& breathe. :cuppa: :sleepy:

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Stagger2 wrote: It frustrates me that people (especially more experienced ones) are now totally reliant upon clicking a point on a device & selecting "Go there now!"

Well indeed - but surely the very best way to research a location is to ask about it!?

ChrisF15

Post by ChrisF15 »

I agree with MIG_Eater, what is wrong with asking??

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

What's wrong with looking yourself?? Or you could just sit-back & wait for others to 'give' you the info'. Small wonder the 'Secret Squirrel' culture grew so quickly. :surrender:

ChrisF15

Post by ChrisF15 »

Nothing. I normally do. I can’t believe a simple question has upset you guys so much.

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

ChrisF15 wrote: I can’t believe a simple question has upset you guys so much.

You must be new here.......... :shock:

ChrisF15

Post by ChrisF15 »

Yes I am new on this forum. Personally I think it’s sad that people get upset for someone asking questions. I personally don’t do facebook for this reason. I thought that a forum dedicated to aviation would be more sensible. How wrong was I ? Still lesson learned.
Still I will look forward to maybe having conversations with people who are not too sensitive.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Stagger2 wrote:What's wrong with looking yourself?? Or you could just sit-back & wait for others to 'give' you the info'. Small wonder the 'Secret Squirrel' culture grew so quickly. :surrender:

What's wrong with helping? It might avoid people going to places where they shouldn't be if you can impart them with suitable advice, rather than moaning about idiots ruining the hobby when they start putting ladders up where they're not allowed, or trespassing on land they have no access to.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

I think you'll find I did help by answering the question directly & publicly, I was unhappy that people can't even be bothered to read two paragraphs above (much less 2 pages before?) to find such a simple answer before stretching-out to the keyboard! As stated previously, it's fine that the OP. chose to be discreet. Respect :up:
'LN Strike Eagle'... Regarding just helping-out, as solid advice & Legal restrictions haven't made a s***s bit of difference to what people do there anyway, that avenue of concern/criticism is a dead-end!
My advice to all wannabe visitors is simple really. Read the sodding Forum & jump-start brain before crying 'help'. :cuppa:

MarkL
UKAR Supporter

Post by MarkL »

Dear Stagger2, your attitude is everything I hate about what this great forum has (sometimes) become. If you don't want to help that's fine, but why announce the fact so vociferously. If you've nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.
HTAFC

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Sadly locations such as Waddington are far too far away for me to visit, so I'm just happy to see whatever images you folks care to put on here. I've no interest in who knew what or where to go, or whether they should make that knowledge public or not. Anyway, good shots! :up:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP