Aviation Nation '19- 16th & 17th November

Aviation events in the United States and Canada
Flyboy345

Re: Aviation Nation '19- 16th & 17th November

Post by Flyboy345 »

Just be aware, by 2021 the Hard Rock Hotel will no longer be the Hard Rock Hotel. It has been taken over and being rebranded by Virgin. Think it is closing for 8 months or so for renovations from Feb next year

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

Flyboy345 wrote:Just be aware, by 2021 the Hard Rock Hotel will no longer be the Hard Rock Hotel. It has been taken over and being rebranded by Virgin. Think it is closing for 8 months or so for renovations from Feb next year

ok do you recommond a decent hotel on the strip that easy reasonable on the wallet but is reach of the strip?

i have stayed at mandalay bay before but thinking of staying further north of the strip to save distance and time to get to and from the speedway please bare in mind i don't and can't drive.

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

edhunter wrote:
Flyboy345 wrote:Just be aware, by 2021 the Hard Rock Hotel will no longer be the Hard Rock Hotel. It has been taken over and being rebranded by Virgin. Think it is closing for 8 months or so for renovations from Feb next year

ok do you recommond a decent hotel on the strip that easy reasonable on the wallet but is reach of the strip?

i have stayed at mandalay bay before but thinking of staying further north of the strip to save distance and time to get to and from the speedway please bare in mind i don't and can't drive.

Try the Sahara (was the SLS), it’s at the North end by the Stratosphere but has a monorail terminal for getting around the strip. Its reasonably priced too.

Georgeconna

Post by Georgeconna »

Circus Circus is cheap enough.
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

where are the entrances and exits for the show ground and is there a entrance for people only?

if you could show this on a map i would be grateful.

i'm now thinking of staying at the golden nugget which would mean i wouldn't have to pay resort charges do you guys think this would be a good location for using a taxi service to and from the speedway?

which of the many taxi services is the best to use?

what would be the average cost of a taxi ride to and from the speedway?

are the taxis easy to find for the trip back to the hotel from the speedway?

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

edhunter wrote:where are the entrances and exits for the show ground and is there a entrance for people only?

i'm now thinking of staying at the golden nugget which would mean i wouldn't have to pay resort charges do you guys think this would be a good location for using a taxi service to and from the speedway?

I can’t help with the taxis as I’ve never used one in LV. The show entrance is in the middle of the speedway car park as you are bussed from there into the show after the security check. I think there used to be a pedestrian entrance at the base itself, but I’ve no idea if this is still used.

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

Paul_Reflex wrote:
edhunter wrote:where are the entrances and exits for the show ground and is there a entrance for people only?

Do you need any form of id with you ?
I can’t help with the taxis as I’ve never used one in LV. The show entrance is in the middle of the speedway car park as you are bussed from there into the show after the security check. I think there used to be a pedestrian entrance at the base itself, but I’ve no idea if this is still used.

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

A KC-135 has been added to the flying display, looks like it will be flying with the C-17.
Also the static list has been updated:
A37 Dragonfly
Bell 412
C172 skyhawk
C5 Galaxy
Cessna 206H
EA 18 Growler
EC-130H Compass Call
F 16
F18 E/f
GA 8 Airvan
HH60 Pavehawk
L39 Aero
MQ 9 Reaper
OV10 Bronco
P3 Orion
P51 Mustang
P 8 Posideon
RC 135 Rivet Joint
T33 Shooting Star
T 38 Talon
T 6 Texan11
USAFA Glider Team
Yak 52

Mike

Post by Mike »

For those who haven't been before, make sure you take warm clothing. Queuing for the buses back to the speedway in the dark, in the desert, in November, can be very chilly.

verreli

Post by verreli »

For those who are interested, you can run either a half or full marathon that weekend along the Las Vegas strip. Fantastic atmosphere usually and you get a great medal as a souvenir.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

verreli wrote:For those who are interested, you can run either a half or full marathon that weekend along the Las Vegas strip. Fantastic atmosphere usually and you get a great medal as a souvenir.

Nope! Gonna be a taxi for me I'm afraid. :whistle:

tmattias

Post by tmattias »

A heads up for those staying on the Strip. Driving back to your hotel is going to be a nightmare due to the marathon.

PeteDYork

Post by PeteDYork »

Had a great day today - especially the Close Air Support demo, which included A10's which I came to see.
Was busier than 2017 - if you are going Sunday - get there early cos the bus system is not as efficient
Show seemed a bit lacking compared to 2017, smaller static & displays a bit light, but 2017 was the 70th USAF celebration year
Thunderbirds were entertaining & whole event very welcoming & accessible.
PeteD, York