Panorama: “Can Flying Go Green”

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Euan Buchan

Panorama: “Can Flying Go Green”

Post by Euan Buchan »

Interesting documentary about how airlines might reduce their environment impact, on BBC 1 now will probably be on IPlayer later.
The Concorde Forum
A Site Dedicated For Concorde Fans
http://theconcordeforum.freeforums.net/

RAF4EVER

Re: Panorama: “Can Flying Go Green”

Post by RAF4EVER »

Please explain title,it makes no sense. :confused:

IP1960

Post by IP1960 »

The programme was Panorama, the episode entitled "Can Flying Go Green"? :smile:

Euan Buchan

Post by Euan Buchan »

The Concorde Forum

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

IP1960 wrote:The programme was Panorama, the episode entitled "Can Flying Go Green"? :smile:

Isn`t punctuation wonderful. :smile: :smile:

CJS

Post by CJS »

RAF4EVER wrote:
IP1960 wrote:The programme was Panorama, the episode entitled "Can Flying Go Green"? :smile:

Isn`t punctuation wonderful. :smile: :smile:

Grow up, in this case it was obvious (with a little exercise of those dusty grey cells) what he meant.

Anyway, if we're being really pedantic, please could you stop using a grave accent (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_accent) when you should be using one of these ' ?

Also, I assume that your question to Euan is rhetorical, rather than that you've missed off the ? .

#icanclogupathreadtoo
#punctuationpedant
#commonsense

Thought the programme looked interesting, should I watch the whole thing or not though?

Convince me...
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Title amended - can we leave the grammar tittle-tattlery to one side?

f4phixeruk

Post by f4phixeruk »

How about the next programme be - Can the media go green ??
Many times a major story breaks, and the media all rush to cover it. I've no problem with that. However. How about using the local crews to cover it ?
Major news item in Northern Ireland. BBC sends a name from the news room to cover it. Use the crews that are in position already. Dont send Huw Edwards or any of the other overpaid people - on expenses of course- to cover it.

Just recently with all the furore over something happening at Westminster. BBC Scotland have sent the anchorpeople down to London to talk to Scottish MPs. We also have another anchorperson in the studio. Use video conferencing for goodness sake.

Also why does BBC six and Ten have to use camera crew from head office. When local crew will be in position to film Sally Magnussen for BBC Scotland ??

I could go on about sports talking heads having to actually be in the country where sporting events are happening. But doubt if Panorama would be interested in that either
If you eat high calorie foods with a Diet Coke, the drink cancels the calories out!

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

f4phixeruk wrote:How about the next programme be - Can the media go green ??

Absolutely this... I remember a few years ago when the Malaysian Airlines flight was shot down allegedly (or not) by the Russians, Sky TV sent Colin Brazier to the field where the debris had landed. His news report, live on TV, included him rifling through deceased person's baggage. What a 'word removed.'
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

Wryneck

Post by Wryneck »

f4phixeruk wrote:How about the next programme be - Can the media go green ??
Many times a major story breaks, and the media all rush to cover it. I've no problem with that. However. How about using the local crews to cover it ?
Major news item in Northern Ireland. BBC sends a name from the news room to cover it. Use the crews that are in position already. Dont send Huw Edwards or any of the other overpaid people - on expenses of course- to cover it.

Just recently with all the furore over something happening at Westminster. BBC Scotland have sent the anchorpeople down to London to talk to Scottish MPs. We also have another anchorperson in the studio. Use video conferencing for goodness sake.

Also why does BBC six and Ten have to use camera crew from head office. When local crew will be in position to film Sally Magnussen for BBC Scotland ??

I could go on about sports talking heads having to actually be in the country where sporting events are happening. But doubt if Panorama would be interested in that either

And on top of this how about they actually talk about the cause of the crisis, as with the current flooding in Yorkshire and with Australia being on fire, yet not a mention that it is being caused by Climate Change and that the entire World's climate is in crisis right NOW!

Stop stepping around the subject and actually talk, or better still, do something about it.

40 years of warning about what we should be doing, yet all the World's governments are procrastinating over it as they are too scared to be the first to take the drastic action that IS required.

Euan Buchan wrote:Interesting documentary about how airlines might reduce their environment impact, on BBC 1 now will probably be on IPlayer later.

Replace "how" with "must" and we might be making some tiny, tiny steps in the right direction. Looking at "how" they can change is too late, the World can't wait another 20 years - ACT NOW!!!

CJS

Post by CJS »

How they might vs how they must

Every little certainly helps. The airlines, us flying less etc...
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Euan Buchan

Post by Euan Buchan »

CJS wrote:
RAF4EVER wrote:
Thought the programme looked interesting, should I watch the whole thing or not though?

Convince me...

Was rather interesting maybe 30 minutes when it showed some Airline footage then after nothing.
The Concorde Forum

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

Wryneck wrote:And on top of this how about they actually talk about the cause of the crisis, as with the current flooding in Yorkshire and with Australia being on fire, yet not a mention that it is being caused by Climate Change and that the entire World's climate is in crisis right NOW!

You are saying the floods and wildfires are caused by climate change? :question:
Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries