Flight ban Europe to USA

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
jules48

Flight ban Europe to USA

Post by jules48 »

Is this european airlines only as Delta is flying FRA-JFK plus some arrivals.

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Re: Flight ban Europe to USA

Post by parsley »

jules48 wrote:Is this european airlines only as Delta is flying FRA-JFK plus some arrivals.

Some European carrier flights still operating - have seen Brussels Airlines,Air France and KLM flights en route to US destinations on FR24 this morning.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

jules48 wrote:Is this european airlines only as Delta is flying FRA-JFK plus some arrivals.

It isn't a ban on flights to/from Europe.

It is a ban on European citizens from the Schengen zone and any non-US citizen from within the Schengen zone or have been in it 14 days before from flying to the US.

US citizens can still fly from the Schengen zone however upon return to the US and have been in the Schengen within the past 14 days then, they must fly direct into one of 11 airports around the US that have been set up to specifically test them upon arrival and... they must then go into 14 days quarantine.

Andy

jules48

Post by jules48 »

Thanks for clearing that up.

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Plus you can not just cut the transatlantic links. Passengers will still want to fly from USA to Europe. Sure the number of flights will be reduced.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

The UK and Eire now included from 4am GMT Tuesday.

jules48

Post by jules48 »

Well there are currently over 12000 flights airborne or on the ground which is 8percent down on the same period last year and still plenty crossing the Atlantic including european carriers so if USA and the majority of europe has closed borders how come this is happening or are they flying empty legs.Are they just carrying US citizens.Conflicts with what they are telling us on the news.

BDL

Post by BDL »

There are still flights to and from USA but they are only flying to certain airports, from what I saw at T5 yesterday these are LA, NY, Seattle. I came back in from Phoenix, my flight home on Thursday coming was cancelled so I had to change flights. The crew that went out on the flight also came home with us.

First time I have ever flown straight into Heathrow, no circling at all. Border Control was empty, so was the baggage hall as well.

Berf

Post by Berf »

There are a lot of repatriation flights going on but traffic this week is down 35% on the same period last year and the year is 44% down on 2019 within the European region.

London ACC is down 32% for the year - Milan is 75%. Heathrow is down 31%, Milan 84%

ted633

Post by ted633 »

A lot of the normal pax flights also carry freight, so some will continue.