The Buccaneer Aviation Group

Discussions regarding historic aircraft, restoration and preservation etc
ostrich74

The Buccaneer Aviation Group

Post by ostrich74 »

The Buccaneer Aviation Group is very pleased to announce that our new home will be

Cotswold Airport – Kemble

As many of you will know Kemble has been home to some of the Buccaneers before, following retirement from the Royal Air Force. And we look forward to making some more Rolls Royce Spey noise there for you all to hear !

Following consultation with Cox automotive at Bruntingthorpe a timeline is in place that will see us vacated and in residence at Kemble before September 30th.

In the next few hours and days you will see that we have been busy preparing for this and will be launching a crowdfunding scheme with some exciting rewards for our supporters to help us achieve our goal and allow the
aircraft to continue to move under their power.

Transport quotes are already being received and we really do need your help !

The Buccaneer Aviation Group will be able to continue to hold taxi days and other events at Kemble to fund our continuing existence and we have also agreed to provide active care for the Canberra pr9’S , Hunter T7 and
Gnat already in residence.
we are extremely pleased to have found a new home where we can continue to keep the history alive, and thank you in advance for any help given.

We will of course keep you updated as the move progresses and hope to see you all at Cotswold airport.
Member of The Buccaneer Aviation Group, Bruntingthorpe.

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Re: The Buccaneer Aviation Group

Post by Domvickery »

Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

NAM Updater

Post by NAM Updater »

Best wishes for a safe move to your new home', especially at this challenging time for all aviation groups.

Your support for our work on XN964 here at Newark has been greatly appreciated!
Howard Heeley - Newark Air Museum Trustee
Every museum visit counts!
http://newarkairmuseum.org

TonyC

Post by TonyC »

That is great news and I also wish you all the best, with the move and future operations :clap:
...and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in Space cos there's bugger all down here on Earth!

Wyvernfan

Post by Wyvernfan »

Thats fantastic news, well done to all parties. Here’s hoping that a few others stranded at Bruntingthorpe can find a similar solution!

Rob

tache3
UKAR Supporter

Post by tache3 »

Congratulations to TBAG. That is great news indeed.

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

ianf

Post by ianf »

Glad to hear that TBAG have a new home. I hope they get the cash raised to do this. They do have experience moving Buccs, they played a large part in moving XV168 to Elvington.

As you can see because of it's naval heritage it does not need to much taking off to move. Only the nose cone was removed and that was back on the day it arrived.
Victor XL231 Lusty Lindy, crew chief.
Our face book page. https://www.facebook.com/LustyLindy231/?ref=bookmarks

AndrewW

Post by AndrewW »

I wish you all the best with this fundraising and move. Donation made !

ostrich74

Post by ostrich74 »

Thank you to everyone that has supported us!!! An amazing result we are all humbled by.

A detailed summary of funds accrued and allocation is available on our Facebook page.

A lot has been happening this week, we’ve already dispatched a lot of ground support equipment which has now arrived and the aircraft will depart Bruntingthorpe on Thursday 20th August. Arriving at Cotswold airport on the 21st.

The team at Cotswold airport have been fantastic and we are all really looking forward to the future in our new home !
Member of The Buccaneer Aviation Group, Bruntingthorpe.