A-W Meteor NF.14 WS788 Restoration Project

Discussions regarding historic aircraft, restoration and preservation etc
Blue_2

Re: A-W Meteor NF.14 WS788 Restoration Project

Post by Blue_2 »

Thankyou gents. It is in equal parts stubbornness, Yorkshire bloody mindedness, and pint mugs of tea which fuelled this, admittedly very much barebones, resurrection of the thread.
Am I pissed a lot of hard work has disappeared into the ether? Yes. Will shaking my fist at the Internet help at all? No. This forum is a medium run and administered by people in their free time at no cost to us, so we can spread the word about what we are doing and our readers can keep updated with our work. Restoring 788, working on the other aircraft it is our privilege to get to work on under the YAM umbrella, its all a big adventure, and UKAR means we can bring more of you along for the ride for free.
Let's just hope they keep a better weather eye on their backup systems in future, eh?
Meteor WS788 Restoration Project, Yorkshire Air Museum

K5054NZ

Post by K5054NZ »

hunterxf382 wrote:
Mon 22 Nov 2021, 4:32 pm
Graham, you have my sympathies on the total loss of the thread on here....

One saving grace for what I hope are many forum members who also use facebook, is the ongoing progress on your page of course, so by not putting all your eggs in one basket we still have a reference to progress which has been amazing so far!
I totally agree with both sentiments. I'm of the Facebook Generation and I like keeping track of projects that way, but I also still frequent all the same forums.

Graham, my heart sank when I saw your first post-crash post. I'm so glad you shared the (almost) year-end roundup and this week's update too - they always say it's best to get straight back in the cockpit etc. I feel incredibly thankful you take the time to keep us informed of both WK640 and WS788's progress in all the ways you do. It means a lot to see you continue where you left off.
Regards, Zac Yates

Blue_2

Post by Blue_2 »

At least we can more or less carry on where we left off. There is a lot of work the diet version of the year's events skipped over, but it covered the main stuff and gave us the continuity in the thread for it to hopefully still make sense!
We'll just keep doing what we do, and take the time to bring you lot along for the ride!
Meteor WS788 Restoration Project, Yorkshire Air Museum

hunterxf382

Post by hunterxf382 »

Excellent news Graham, and much appreciated putting together that catch-up post too!

Now, did I hear you say you'll be offering rides in 788 once she's up and running...lol?

Gotta be worth a packet or three of Jaffa's - count me in ;)
Pete Buckingham
Volunteer in Aviation
Former RAF Engineer
http://hunterxf382.weebly.com/

K5054NZ

Post by K5054NZ »

Blue_2 wrote:
Wed 24 Nov 2021, 9:34 pm
We'll just keep doing what we do, and take the time to bring you lot along for the ride!
*standing ovation*
Regards, Zac Yates