Melun-Villaroche 2021

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Col. Chibani

Melun-Villaroche 2021

Post by Col. Chibani »

Targeted on 11-12 september 2021, with a "Pearl Harbour" theme : (https://airlegend.fr/paris/en/the-event/).

DOUGHNUT

Re: Melun-Villaroche 2021

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Excellent news that Melun-Villaroche is preparing to plan an airshow for 2021.
But why pick a weekend that will clash with Sanicole and the proposed Tiger Meet at Klein Brogel ?

Jean18

Post by Jean18 »

DOUGHNUT wrote:
Wed 13 Jan 2021, 8:41 am
But why pick a weekend that will clash with Sanicole and the proposed Tiger Meet at Klein Brogel ?
Because the date picked is the annual date of the Melun-Villaroche airshow, that has been scheduled for the second week-end of September since its first edition !

The date for the Tiger Meet at Klein Brogel has however been moved from early summer to the same date as Melun, already scheduled in France years in advance and THE known date in Belgium, i.e. Sanicole.

Jean

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Jean18 wrote:
Thu 14 Jan 2021, 10:44 pm
DOUGHNUT wrote:
Wed 13 Jan 2021, 8:41 am
Because the date picked is the annual date of the Melun-Villaroche airshow, that has been scheduled for the second week-end of September since its first edition !

The date for the Tiger Meet at Klein Brogel has however been moved from early summer to the same date as Melun, already scheduled in France years in advance and THE known date in Belgium, i.e. Sanicole.

Jean
I'm not sure I follow. Isn't this only the 3rd edition whereas Sanicole is hosting it's 42nd? I think the point being made was why clash with Sanicole rather than the Tigermeet.

I suppose it's a moot discussion as that's the date and that's all there is to it!

I'd love to attend this year but Sanicole and KB are calling me back, so maybe next year!
Last edited by G-CVIX on Fri 15 Jan 2021, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Sanicole has been held in that September weekend since 2009. The date for the 2021 show was set 2 or 3 years ago, so no, it hasn't moved recently :)

Elliott Marsh

Post by Elliott Marsh »

Flying Bulls' Corsair and Lightning now added - god, I hope that my some miracle it's possible for the show to go ahead and for Brits to be able to travel (etc.).

The Pacific theme's a good one. Some tasty warbirds have to be on the cards for that, provided their operators are active this year and with the usual caveats in mind. Last year's classic jet theme delivered tremendously whilst not scrimping on the other types, so I'd assume this year's will be much the same with the usual Melun mix of light vintage, warbirds, classic jets and modern mil. Fantastic stuff.

Jean18

Post by Jean18 »

Chrisse wrote:
Fri 15 Jan 2021, 10:04 am
Sanicole has been held in that September weekend since 2009. The date for the 2021 show was set 2 or 3 years ago, so no, it hasn't moved recently :)
OK, my bad, sorry !

Jean

Jean18

Post by Jean18 »

First jet announced ! https://airlegend.fr/paris/aircraft/f-86-sabre-f-aysb.

Apparently, all tuned to make sure it can attend (covid not included).

Jean

Anthony7

Post by Anthony7 »

Anyone else going to melun for the show. Looks a great lineup

st24

Post by st24 »

Well a little belated response, apologies. This is a great show, can't be denied, a little down on numbers as to be expected really; vintage jets being notable by their absence with only the F-86 present, which was expertly flown by Akary . Otherwise, beautiful weather, some superb flying and a good selection of old and new, Aeronavale Caiman and adorable Alouette III were personal static highlights. The Mirage 2000B/C duo "Patrouille Gusto" and the FrN Rafales tore the place up as expected and the AF solo was as brilliant as ever - even if it was a plain jane bird and not the special.. :rage: Whilst on a negative note (not like me...!) the Atlantique didn't show (again!) the A400 was the same as last time and the Sandy schemed Skyraider was also a no-show. But hey, I was in the sunshine at a fabulous, varied airshow with some super aeroplanes and I'm glad I made the effort. 3 Corsairs, the Boomerang, Yaks, Daks, CAPs, ultimate fighters, Avenger - even the Red Bull B-25 and P-38 didn't make me wince! The P-38 was feted by the crowd as a memorial to the "petit prince" Saint Exupery, an aviator and aristocrat who was lost whilst flying an F5B (recce P-38) in 1944 and never found - it was a lovely flowing display following a flypast with the PdF, who again were just sublime. A new, definite favourite show of mine and I wish it all the success, particularly to have put an event on after such a wretched year and a half.
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

• "With Gusto" - Nick Jennings hazmatted over to Melun-Villaroche Aerodrome.

Image Image Image