Yeovilton 2022????

Discuss the Fleet Air Arm's two major air displays
farnboroughrob

Yeovilton 2022????

Post by farnboroughrob »

Anybody heard anything on 2022? With potentally 7 months to go it is worrying that nothing has been revealed either way? Really hoping it is on as I have so missed airshows and VL is always good value.

Rob

Berf

Re: Yeovilton 2022????

Post by Berf »

Previously they have announced some time ago and looked to sell tickets as Christmas gifts - getting a bit late for advertising that now...

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Yeah, I’m really hoping for some sort of announcement. It’ll be a crying shame if the RN simply let the show fall by the wayside, as it’s one of the highlights of the season.

captainfurious

Post by captainfurious »

Yeah, I'll be gutted too. It's a great day. For the kids too it's a perfect venue. I've only been to I think the last 6 and wish I had started earlier. Same with Dawlish....only went to 3 regret not going to them earlier. Fingers crossed but I was expecting the weekend before RIAT to be announced by now...

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Covid has provided a simple excuse for a total lack of any response, effort,performance & customer service throughout this Country & probably Worldwide. This easily translates to the Yeovilton IAD, which like many airshows before have utilised the hiatus of an annual 'break' to create pages of reasons why it will never return! I think pre-Covid all the following potentially used this tactic. Culdrose, St Mawgan, Chivenor, Exeter, Brawdy, Middle Wallop, Staverton, Mildenhall, Woodford, Coningsby, Waddington, Leicester, Barton, Prestwick & Lossiemouth amongst others I expect. Quite possibly to be joined by Yeovilton & Flying Legends at some venue or other.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Wow! The sense of entitlement in the above post is incredible.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Yes, extraordinarily so, even for UKAR!*

*which has, on occasion, seen members displaying such views - I am not sweepingly generalising...much
With just the slightest bit of finesse, I might have made a little less mess.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

I am 100% sure the team behind the scenes have been working on things since the last show was cancelled.

The problem is they can't release news until things are official and signed off. It is frustrating for those not in the know and instantly think no news means no show.

I've been running the social media (unofficially) of my local show since 2014 and have a lot of back and forth emails with the local council over the show, there are a lot of things that need done before releasing information to the public. I sometimes have to sit on information for months before it can be released.

Before I started I was in the 'OMG WHY IS THERE NO NEWS' camp. Now, I have a bit more understanding as to why news can sometimes be slow. Everything needs to be signed off before being released.

I am sure we will hear something in time, and when they are ready. Covid is still causing issues as well so it's understandable why some shows are hesitant to release any information to the public right now.

Frogfoot

Post by Frogfoot »

A recent social media post by a member of Navy Wings, sadly suggests there won’t be an event next year.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Can’t say it’s all that surprising, tbh.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

Sadly its been looking as though Yeovilton is slipping into a hiatus - hopefully it is a hiatus and not a quiet retirement as so many of our shows have done. Can't say my hopes are very high. "resources/busy station/continuity/etc etc".

All the signs..
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

jasonT1981 wrote:
Tue 28 Dec 2021, 4:37 pm
I am 100% sure the team behind the scenes have been working on things since the last show was cancelled.
The only thing they're working on is fighting red tape and military bureaucracy. I highly doubt we'll see Yeovilton go ahead in 2022.