International Sanicole Airshow 2022

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
JJC

Re: International Sanicole Airshow 2022

Post by JJC »

138EAW wrote:
Sun 26 Jun 2022, 9:21 pm
Did you book the spotters day and the airshow?
Just the evening show Saturday / Sunday show at the moment.

I didn’t know how accessible KB would be via public transport / especially needing to be back for the evening show starting at 5.

JJC
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

JJC

Post by JJC »

Could someone please explain the food vouchers?

Is it necessary to purchase these in order to buy food on site?

Many thanks
JJC

bodgerbaz

Post by bodgerbaz »

I am assuming that there will be no cash sales but it doesn’t clearly say that.
At last year’s show the ‘insider’ package contained a card that had been pre-loaded with an amount of money and each time you wanted to ‘purchase’ food you used the card and the amount was deducted from it.

Events seem to be moving away from cash purchases. I went to an event a couple of years ago and had to queue to ‘buy’ plastic tokens which could be used at various food outlets.

Sorry for the long winded answer but I assume there will be no cash sales to buy food?

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

JJC wrote:
Wed 29 Jun 2022, 11:40 am
Could someone please explain the food vouchers?

Is it necessary to purchase these in order to buy food on site?

Many thanks
JJC
The charge cards are not being used this year (a shame - they were far more convenient as you add funds them from your phone without queuing twice).

The actual food vendors have never accepted cash at Sanicole. You can buy food/drink vouchers in advance or on the day. In either case you will need to go to a voucher booth first to get some vouchers which you can then exchange for food/drink. Also, the same system is in place at the KB Spottersday, but the vouchers are not interchangeable between events.

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

I got the catering voucher for €27.50 but it doesn't actually say what you get :laughing: previously it was either 2 or 4 tickets for €10. Getting old and can't remember.
Gary

Bodz156

Post by Bodz156 »

JJC wrote:
Tue 28 Jun 2022, 8:03 am
138EAW wrote:
Sun 26 Jun 2022, 9:21 pm
Did you book the spotters day and the airshow?
Just the evening show Saturday / Sunday show at the moment.

I didn’t know how accessible KB would be via public transport / especially needing to be back for the evening show starting at 5.

JJC
Last time I did the KB spotters day, I caught a bus from Leopoldsburg (just up the road from the railway station as I recall), which went to a small town up the road, where I got off & got another short bus-ride to 'KB spotters corner' stop, and walked into the base from there. It was achievable, just needed a bit of google maps planning first...it tells you the relevant bus numbers to catch etc.

I just reversed the process to get back. :slight_smile:

JJC

Post by JJC »

Cheers chaps! All really useful info. I’ll purchase the food tokens in advance to save the faff on the day.

Decided on the Royal Military Museum in Brussels on Saturday morning, as that’s been on my list for ages.

JJC

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

bodgerbaz

Post by bodgerbaz »

I might be jumping the gun a bit but does anyone have any information on the ‘Friends of Sanicole’ - “Reserved parking close to the entry gate?“ There is no obvious information on my downloaded ‘P’arking sheet.

Will it be back to the 2019 patch of grass in the housing estate (Byvoetstraat, 3940 Hechtel) and the shuttle cars will take us from there to the airfield?

Many thanks

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

bodgerbaz wrote:
Thu 28 Jul 2022, 1:26 pm
I might be jumping the gun a bit but does anyone have any information on the ‘Friends of Sanicole’ - “Reserved parking close to the entry gate?“ There is no obvious information on my downloaded ‘P’arking sheet.

Will it be back to the 2019 patch of grass in the housing estate (Byvoetstraat, 3940 Hechtel) and the shuttle cars will take us from there to the airfield?

Many thanks
Friends of Sanicole parking will be opposite the airfield according to the info I have, along with the holders of Business tickets and cyclists.

bodgerbaz

Post by bodgerbaz »

Oh wow. Thank you for the information Chrisse. That sounds like last year’s arrangement so we only have to walk across the road and don’t need shuttle buses. Excellent result. Thank you.