International Sanicole Airshow, Belgium (10-12 September 2021)

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Chrisse

Re: International Sanicole Airshow, Belgium (10-12 September 2021)

Post by Chrisse »

Chris G wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021, 4:59 pm
Great looking show, do they usually put on a live stream for this one?
I'm afraid we don't have plans in that direction. It's a good opportunity to enjoy local hospitality at the show and beyond.

BMrider

Post by BMrider »

With rising covid cases if the airshow is cancelled will there be ticket refunds or roll over to next year?

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

The government responsible for public health has repeated yesterday their commitment to make sure events go ahead. They may consider extending the covid-safe passport (vaccination/recent PCR-test) to smaller events even if that goes against their express intentions but there is no sign the show is going to be cancelled. Remember also that the airshow will have social distancing in place for the viewing areas and severely restricted visitor numbers. By end of August, all over the age of 12 will have had the chance to be fully vaccinated in Belgium in time for schools to reopen.

This coming Friday, the different governments of Belgium will meet to agree on formal arrangements for events, particularly those from mid-August (allowing events up to 75000) and September. We decided early on that we will stick with social distancing and limits on visitor numbers not to resort under the very large events regulations where entry requirements will be the strictest regime.

BMrider

Post by BMrider »

But could you answer my question please, will there be refunds or roll to next year if the airshow has to be cancelled or we are not allowed to travel from UK ?
Thanks

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

PM sent but I will continue to follow up.

BMrider

Post by BMrider »

Chrisse wrote:
Thu 15 Jul 2021, 8:05 am
PM sent but I will continue to follow up.
Recieved, Thanks :-)

benji1867

Post by benji1867 »

Chrisse, not remotely your job here but do you know when the Belgian Government is next discussing when the county colour codes may change? I assume i speak for many Brits when i say that im hopeful ill be allowed out and back into the UK in time but looking on the Belgian GOV website it doesnt feel promising.

Id also be interested to know if any refunds (realistically i mean reselling of tickets as i don't really expect a refund. I took a gamble after all) could take place at all in the event of not being able to travel.

Thanks again
Ben

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

I have been waiting to ask the same question. Would also be interested to understand the feeling within Belgium from the general public towards returning to a more normal life without restrictions. Indeed what restrictions have the Belgium people endured ? How are tickets sales ? With only 7500 tickets per day myself and a small group took the gamble and bought tickets as soon as they went on sale. However we have yet to make any travel plans. Preferred option would be to fly as this reduces issues travelling time but as that is a bigger financial commitment we are still waiting. I am sure Chrisse will update us Brits as soon as he can.
Paul

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

A lot of very valid questions, and questions that many people are dealing with, even on our side of the Channel.
With the audience here, I assume that you all bought tickets for the spottersday too which means that the best course of action is to contact Kleine-Brogel via info [ at ] spottersday.be. The more people ask the same question, the more attention the matter gets.

Re-selling of a Sanicole ticket isn’t an issue and may actually be easier than you think as you probably paid less for it than it will cost on the official site in August/September. The KB-ticket is trickier as that is by name, so that is why it is best to contact the address above.

On travel: The fact of the matter is that it is very hard to determine how the situation will evolve. The Belgian authorities seem to by and large follow the EU-agreement regarding travelling internationally. That means that I –personally- wouldn’t expect Belgium to go it alone to allow British tourists again. In the west of the country, Ypres and wider area, the hospitality industry is begging to allow British visitors in and the Flemish government has expressed its support for the question though not with great conviction, which to me signals they are staying in line with EU decisions on the matter. As you may have noticed, despite the EU agreement on travel within the union, it is a patchwork of measures and restrictions even for EU-citizens, let alone for others outside the EU.

On events: On Friday 16 July, a meeting of the federal and regional governments was planned outlining measures for events to abide by (covid safe certificate check from how many visitors, for instance) but that meeting has been pushed back to next week to give priority to the flooding happening in large parts of the country right now.
As it stands, large events, like a music festival with over 60000 visitors or F1, are allowed from mid-August under very strict conditions with regards to testing and vaccination. At Sanicole we decided to go a different route by restricting the visitor numbers to allow social distancing. We look forward to the protocol for an event of our size, as I’m sure quite a few football clubs are too. If anyone is allowed to travel into the EU with a covid-safe certificate, access to events would be no problem with the same certificate.
So far the country is hitting all major condition milestones comfortably in the summerplan as it’s called so the planned easing is not the subject of discussion, it is more any additional easings that are still an issue, like for instance opening clubs, particularly after seeing the effects that particular restriction lift had elsewhere, or allowing people to stand at a bar again instead of compulsory seating at a distance at tables with table service only in pubs, or allowing pubs to stay open all night again instead of the current 1AM closing time. Opinions on the matter are divided as I’m sure they are elsewhere.

For now, we can only hope things will evolve favourably for our English friends and visitors. As long as hospital numbers can be kept in check thanks to vaccinations, we shouldn't despair. There are already easier travel restrictions for countries outside the EU (our Canadian commentator can enter the country!) and new countries are added to the list regularly.

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

As always many thanks for the prompt reply.
I will wait patiently for the approval from your Government before making travel plans and hope that even in the event we (British) can not attend your event runs smoothly, profitably and most importantly safely.
Paul

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Following the government meeting earlier this week pertaining to events, some small but probably not unexpected modifications to the conditions for entry.

Everyone over the age of 12 will have to present a 'covidsafe' certificate and a form of ID to certify that you are the person that the certificate is for. This certifies that you have either been fully vaccinated (2 shots of Pfizer/Moderna/Astra Zeneca + 2 weeks or 1 Johnson & Johnson + 4 weeks), have a negative PCR-test less than 48 hours old (48 hours since taking the test, not since receiving the result) or have a certificate of recovery. In Belgium, that is the covid-safe pass; for visitors from Great-Britain, that should the NHS covid-pass, of course pending agreement between the EU and Great-Britain for international travel using that pass. Let's keep our fingers crossed that gets sorted. That means selftests or quick antigen /LFT are not accepted as it wouldn't show in the app.

Mouth-nose mask would be compulsory on the walking boulevard, shopping area, static but can be taken off when seated in one of the 5 viewing sectors.

Of course, it is a good idea to keep track of the situation in case anything changes.

bodgerbaz

Post by bodgerbaz »

Many thanks for the many updates Chrisse, it is much appreciated. Can I please ask for a clarification?

Is it a Covid-safe (2 shots) pass, OR a negative PCR-test, OR a certificate of delivery. Living in Germany I have the EU Covid-safe certificate which I assume will be enough?

Many thanks and I'm really looking forward to the events.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

bodgerbaz wrote:
Sun 25 Jul 2021, 10:42 am
Many thanks for the many updates Chrisse, it is much appreciated. Can I please ask for a clarification?

Is it a Covid-safe (2 shots) pass, OR a negative PCR-test, OR a certificate of delivery. Living in Germany I have the EU Covid-safe certificate which I assume will be enough?

Many thanks and I'm really looking forward to the events.
Any of those 3 will do will do, as long as you meet one of them you'll be fine. Imagine needing all three, particularly getting the certificate of recovery would defeat the purpose of all past lockdown measures :)

As said before, a 'simple' antigen won't do, BUT (meanwhile we have received further clarifications) it can be used to extend the validity of the negative PCR-test (which is only valid for 48 hours) by 24 hours when done by a professional eg doctor pharmacist) so the engative antigen test can be added to the covid-safe app. Mind you, it is only AFTER a negative PCR-test. Simply taking the antigen without preceeding PCR-test won't do.

All in all, easiest least cumbersome way is complete vaccination. Any variation that involves testing requires careful planning to span the weekend.
Last edited by Chrisse on Sun 25 Jul 2021, 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bodgerbaz

Post by bodgerbaz »

I just thought it was worth the clarification, but yes, you are perfectly correct. Thank you so much for the updated information.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

The Czech airforce sends more support to our show in the shape of their Gripen! (Saturday & Sunday)

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

The airshow looks brilliant but sadly we've now taken the decision to cancel the trip. Here's hoping travel is back to normal next year!

benji1867

Post by benji1867 »

It seems the flying portion of XTM21 has been cancelled. I’m not sure how this may or may not affect the show.

With no movement or even an inkling of movement on restrictions into Belgium from the UK and this I think it’s about time to look into cancelled the accommodation and accept we arnt going to get over this time sadly.

I really hope the show goes ahead as it has some stellar participants and after all the effort the organisers have gone through.

Ben

bodgerbaz

Post by bodgerbaz »

Can I ask a couple of questions about parking for the weekend?

1) I note that we will be parking close to the airfield this time. Do we just head for the airfield on 'Kamperbaan' and look for signs to the "Friends of Sanicole" car park?

2) What time will the car parks be open please?

Many thanks and we are so looking forward to the show weekend

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

At the risk of being accused of being 'fun at parties' again, have a look at https://www.sanicole.com/en/2021-practical-info/
Enter the address Kamperbaan 165, 3940 Hechtel, Belgium in your GPS to visit our event for easy access.
Car parks open at 04.30 PM on Friday and at 09.00 AM on Saturday and Sunday.

bodgerbaz

Post by bodgerbaz »

clearstone wrote:
Wed 08 Sep 2021, 10:16 am
At the risk of being accused of being 'fun at parties' again, have a look at https://www.sanicole.com/en/2021-practical-info/
Enter the address Kamperbaan 165, 3940 Hechtel, Belgium in your GPS to visit our event for easy access.
Car parks open at 04.30 PM on Friday and at 09.00 AM on Saturday and Sunday.
Whoops, thanks for that. I was so used to getting emails from them I didn't think to check on their web site. Many thanks

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

I'll be lamenting the fact that I'm not there this weekend, but hoping for a great show for all those attending. It looks like a truly brilliant line up & I look forward to watching footage of it afterwards.

st24

Post by st24 »

KB was excellent yesterday, a great arrivals day, very busy . Italian,German , Portuguese, Belgian tigers, desert Rafale, 2 marine 10yr fin Rafale, spec Belgian Herc, nice E-2 and my first Austrian Tiff's I think. The evening show was spectacular opened by a Luxembourg marked A400. PSuisse were superb in the evening light as was the Hungarian Greeeeepen with flares, smokewinders and dump n burn. The pyro/light effects on some displays are just phenomenal, particularly the crazy AgCat.KB today is a little poor as apart from the showers, very few of the Tigers have been dragged out - not even the home teams and there's a Greek Herc on the far side! It would appear the desert Rafale has gone tech too. Arse.
Baby blue have a nice grey/dayglo Supporter looking like the S-61s used to.
More from Melun tomorrow all being well...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!