Microsoft Flight Simulator Returns

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
farnboroughrob

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator Returns

Post by farnboroughrob »

I have uninstalled MSFS for now. It just seems every time I wanted to go and fly there was a massive new update that took a couple of hours to load. I will reinstall it when I have more time but it is a pain at the moment.

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

farnboroughrob wrote:
Sat 15 Jan 2022, 6:19 pm
I have uninstalled MSFS for now. It just seems every time I wanted to go and fly there was a massive new update that took a couple of hours to load. I will reinstall it when I have more time but it is a pain at the moment.
It's a bit of a mixed blessing, great that they are actively developing for it and adding new features, but the updates are a pain to download - fortunately they're only once a month.

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

Sim update 10 now out, supports DLSS which seems to give good FPS improvements on RTX graphics cards.

DLSS 3 also due with the RTX 4000 series GPU.

DaveM

Post by DaveM »

Now I've finally got myself a rig that can handle this, as my d/l speed is only about 300 KB/s (due to location) is there any way I can download a scenery area, eg UK, and just run this offline or am I just wasting £100 on something that is 100% reliant on what basically amounts to a fibre internet connection?
Thanks!

Paulish

Post by Paulish »

The sim has a scenery cache. I am not sure how it works as I have a pretty good connection. You can set the size of the cache and also flush it if required. My guess is that it will work for you if you fly in the same geographic area on a repeat basis.

DaveM

Post by DaveM »

Thanks, I'll investigate the cache function further.

Paulish

Post by Paulish »

Just noticed that the MSFS marketplace has a sale on at the moment. It finishes on 21st April with discounts of up to 93%.

Ryan.

Post by Ryan. »

For anyone that plays FS2020 the Ford Trimotor is free in the Marketplace until the 30th of June.

I wouldn't call it perfect but for free, it's worth picking up.