Folkestone Air Display 2023

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
MiG_Eater

Folkestone Air Display 2023

Post by MiG_Eater »

Couldn't see another topic for this display - looks like a nice little afternoon of RAF support: https://www.air-shows.org.uk/events/fol ... r-display/

Does anyone know where display centre is? I'm camping near Capel le Ferne for the weekend so not sure if its necessary for me to get closer to the action or if this is a good spot.

Gt5500

Re: Folkestone Air Display 2023

Post by Gt5500 »

Last time I went (several years ago) it was centred somewhere around leas cliff hall. The little balcony area there had PA speakers and was a good place to watch from. Although it must be said I was very envious of anyone that was in the harbour arm area when the typhoon ran in, as it passed over very low and slow.

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

Nice little line up confirmed now
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

Rendezvous

Post by Rendezvous »

I was at Folkestone Airshow all day. The Pitt's special was definitely up there for me. What a treat! The show is getting bigger and better every year. As above, I can confirm the display centre is by the Leas Cliff Hall. PA Speakers were the whole length of the Leas and were very clear so could hear the commentaries wherever you pitch up. If you were out of range of the PA System or at a completely different vantage point such as The Warren then the local radio station broadcasts the commentaries too. Overall a nice warm day, perfect flying conditions and lots of entertainment!

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Really enjoyed the display and hope to return next year. Unfortunately we didn't know where the "show" area was and watched by the harbour arm with no PA.

The only downside was the enormous gaps between display items. I didn't really understand that!

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

Folkestone Air Display cancelled for 2024 due to the Red Arrows absence ,pity !
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place

Zoom

Post by Zoom »

Are the Reds deffo going to North America next summer?

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Zoom wrote:
Fri 29 Dec 2023, 7:15 pm
Are the Reds deffo going to North America next summer?
Not confirmed where they are going (NA is most likely with Canadian Air Force 100th) but a good few shows have confirmed Reds won't be there in 2024 due to an over-seas tour. Red Arrows website even said a while back that no displays or flypast applications would be accepted after July due to over-seas tour.