Custom decals

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
Bleaklow

Custom decals

Post by Bleaklow »

I’ve got a couple of kits I want to add my own schemes to and therefore need some custom decals.

I haven’t got a laser printer, so would appreciate some advice of how to achieve this or where I can get these made.

Thanks in advance for any help.

iainpeden

Re: Custom decals

Post by iainpeden »

If you let us know the schemes you are after you might get better information.
I would suggest asking on Britmodeller as a lot of people there do their own printing. Check the AMX thread in the rumourmonger section as there’s a recent post from somebody in the Netherlands doing what you ask.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

Bleaklow

Post by Bleaklow »

Thanks for your response and advice.

What I’m looking for is to make a different registration for a raf 1:48 miles magister in a yellow training colour scheme. I guess sets of these decals probably exist somewhere but I’ve not found them yet.

The other project is 1:18 revell laser and I have photos of the stickers/ labels on my son’s boat which I want to create as decals so he make a model of his own boat.That’s where I’m coming up short.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

Can’t help with the boat but check hannants website for modeldecal and xtradecal numbers and letters. You might need a calculator to work out the differing dimensions between 1/48, 1/72 and so on. Again someone on Britmodeller modeller will have the information at their fingertips - starting point is the 1:1 scale dimension.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

Bleaklow

Post by Bleaklow »

Thanks once again for your help. I’ll visit those sites for the decals.

I have posted on Britmodeller, but no responses as yet unfortunately.